What to expect after putting down a deposit at the dealership?

l1990790120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Mach E Select
Country flag
Hello, sorry for novice questions. The dealer didn't give me much details and I'm a bit confused here.

I called the dealer today and they told me they are expecting the model I'm looking for around October and ask me if I'd like to put down a deposit.

I put down a deposit but all they sent me is a credit card receipt. I would expect some form of confirmation of the exact model, some tracking number from them. I'm a little nervous now what exactly did I put down deposit for.

Does anyone have experience can please share, I'd be really appreciate it.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If you didn't configure and reserve online, the dealership should provide an order, showing the configuration, total due, less deposit, and the deposit ($500) should be fully refundable.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Hello, sorry for novice questions. The dealer didn't give me much details and I'm a bit confused here.

I called the dealer today and they told me they are expecting the model I'm looking for around October and ask me if I'd like to put down a deposit.

I put down a deposit but all they sent me is a credit card receipt. I would expect some form of confirmation of the exact model, some tracking number from them. I'm a little nervous now what exactly did I put down deposit for.

Does anyone have experience can please share, I'd be really appreciate it.
Yeah I'd expect something more than a credit card receipt also. What did you buy? What is the price of it? What is the doc fee? What is the MSRP?

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Warning bells going off here....
- Did you order it or put a deposit on one that is inbound?
- Did you get the final cost in writing along with all the fees?
- Did he try to sneak in ADM?
- Does the dealer accept X-Plan?
- Did he give you a VIN so you can track it?

Hopefully you can answer the above questions.

OP
OP

l1990790120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Mach E Select
Country flag
Warning bells going off here....
- Did you order it or put a deposit on one that is inbound?
- Did you get the final cost in writing along with all the fees?
- Did he try to sneak in ADM?
- Does the dealer accept X-Plan?
- Did he give you a VIN so you can track it?

Hopefully you can answer the above questions.

Thanks!! They didn't give me too much info. They sent me the page (I assumed) corresponding to the car I put deposit down for. She told me they'd sell for MSRP when received, but not in writing. I do get the VIN from the page they send me but I am not sure if that's the exact one I put down deposit for.

I will call/visit next Monday to see if I could get these questions answered otherwise I'd have to dispute the credit card charge. Felt very wrong about only being provided w/ a credit card receipt.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Yes. Tell them you want a detailed print out showing OUT THE DOOR price. Verify the deposit is for that specific VIN. You can use the tracking tools on this website to track your vin and verify configuration and delivery date. I hate to see anyone get ripped off.

Flat6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Toyota Sienna, 16 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Hi I noticed that you are in NJ. Maybe we used the same dealer.

I too only received a credit card receipt to confirm my deposit, although I did also previously receive an order summary that mentions the price (and indicates that there is no ADM).

Did you end up having any issues?
Sponsored