Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach e Premium
Occupation
Private Investigator
Country flag
So I've been on the hunt for a MME for a few months now (I fully realize nowhere near as long as many of you, I was just a late adopter to catch wind of how cool these cars are) and being a Chevy / GM guy I've never owned a Ford. Then, because of the stop sale, then inventory shortages etc. etc. I wasn't able to order a 2022 model, and orders hadn't opened up for 2023 models at the time.

So I called every major dealer on the West coast trying to get on a list for a customer order that was released. Understanding I was most likely going to pay an ADM (not the point of this thread). Ultimately, a dealer about an hour away had a walk away order and called me from the list to ask if I wanted it ('22 Premium AWD, ER Battery, Space White, BC, glass roof etc - MSRP $58,595) for a $10k ADM. I decided to put a $1k deposit down to hold it as it was still on order, expected to arrive end of September (this was in early August) and keep looking while I waited.

Well time ticked on, and no availability of anything else has shown up, then the order banks for 2023 models opened and I ordered a GT exactly as I wanted it, figuring it'll be 8-12 months before I see it. Then I get the call from the dealership that my '22 order I took over is slated for delivery between 9/21-27, and I'm beyond excited!! I'll get the tax credit, and then drive it until my GT arrives, or potentially release the GT next year.

Anyways, fast forward until today, and I got an email from Ford that my '23 GT is slated to be built the week of November 7th. WAY earlier than I was expecting, which I'm guessing would get me delivery around late Q1 2023, but with no tax rebate (unless something happens there). Meanwhile the '22 I'm waiting on according to Ford chat doesn't seem to be leaving KS. It's been there for three weeks now. Then today (9/27 the end of my delivery window) I reach out to the dealer again to see about a status update and get told that it is now delayed until NOVEMBER 2nd!!! WTF???

So I'm obviously confused as to why it's going to sit there for basically another month with no further details. Then considering my '23 GT order is being built essentially the same week the '22 is to arrive, I'm wondering if I just walk away from the '22 and wait on the '23? I guess it all boils down to getting possession on the car in 2022 for the tax credit, and I'm guessing there is nearly zero chance of getting the GT this year, but at the same time I'm not sure it makes sense to take delivery on the '22 Premium just to trade it a month or so later. I dunno, I'm kinda just perplexed at the moment of what I should do having just gotten this news.

So what would you do? Keep waiting on delivery of the '22 Premium? Give up on that one, and wait on the '23 GT?

@Ford Motor Company if you have any additional details as to why this vehicle is sitting so long in KS, I would greatly appreciate them.
Seems obvious to wait for the 2023……. I don’t know, just me I guess.
Sponsored

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I've been on the hunt for a MME for a few months now (I fully realize nowhere near as long as many of you, I was just a late adopter to catch wind of how cool these cars are) and being a Chevy / GM guy I've never owned a Ford. Then, because of the stop sale, then inventory shortages etc. etc. I wasn't able to order a 2022 model, and orders hadn't opened up for 2023 models at the time.

So I called every major dealer on the West coast trying to get on a list for a customer order that was released. Understanding I was most likely going to pay an ADM (not the point of this thread). Ultimately, a dealer about an hour away had a walk away order and called me from the list to ask if I wanted it ('22 Premium AWD, ER Battery, Space White, BC, glass roof etc - MSRP $58,595) for a $10k ADM. I decided to put a $1k deposit down to hold it as it was still on order, expected to arrive end of September (this was in early August) and keep looking while I waited.

Well time ticked on, and no availability of anything else has shown up, then the order banks for 2023 models opened and I ordered a GT exactly as I wanted it, figuring it'll be 8-12 months before I see it. Then I get the call from the dealership that my '22 order I took over is slated for delivery between 9/21-27, and I'm beyond excited!! I'll get the tax credit, and then drive it until my GT arrives, or potentially release the GT next year.

Anyways, fast forward until today, and I got an email from Ford that my '23 GT is slated to be built the week of November 7th. WAY earlier than I was expecting, which I'm guessing would get me delivery around late Q1 2023, but with no tax rebate (unless something happens there). Meanwhile the '22 I'm waiting on according to Ford chat doesn't seem to be leaving KS. It's been there for three weeks now. Then today (9/27 the end of my delivery window) I reach out to the dealer again to see about a status update and get told that it is now delayed until NOVEMBER 2nd!!! WTF???

So I'm obviously confused as to why it's going to sit there for basically another month with no further details. Then considering my '23 GT order is being built essentially the same week the '22 is to arrive, I'm wondering if I just walk away from the '22 and wait on the '23? I guess it all boils down to getting possession on the car in 2022 for the tax credit, and I'm guessing there is nearly zero chance of getting the GT this year, but at the same time I'm not sure it makes sense to take delivery on the '22 Premium just to trade it a month or so later. I dunno, I'm kinda just perplexed at the moment of what I should do having just gotten this news.

So what would you do? Keep waiting on delivery of the '22 Premium? Give up on that one, and wait on the '23 GT?

@Ford Motor Company if you have any additional details as to why this vehicle is sitting so long in KS, I would greatly appreciate them.
Our GTPE is awesome...we waited so long in 2021 but glad we did. The sport seats, brembo brakes, magnaride should be on all ev. Now for Ford to add side and rear camera views when driving like our model y. No blind spots.