What features / items would you pay monthly fee for?

What items would you pay for monthly/annually? Assume NONE of these are available without a fee.

• Total voters

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
If I have to pay a fee for anything that is built into the basic functionality of the car, then I'll buy something else.

Those that are willing to pay for it are the ones who bring this crap upon everyone. Companies find just the right number of suckers that will shell out for it, and then everyone gets screwed.

Even if someone figures out a hack around something like heated seats, you're now paying a 3rd party or otherwise having to shell out money on other hardware/software to enable something that the car already came with!

Im not going to re-up BC in my Mach E unless Ford demonstrates they're going to keep the system updated beyond maps.
Sponsored

Reactions: TTF

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Will the robbing lying cheating bar stewards change those dodgy contactors that we already paid to work properly at full power? I somehow doubt it!

They will probably allow the affected cars to remain de-tuned so not worth what we paid for them allowing the misrepresentation and substandard product ro remain🤷🏼‍♂️

Manufacturers can no longer lie and cheat their ICE emissions so they’re going to cheat us!

When I have to pay for airbags, can I set it so a payment is made when I decide I’m going to use them🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ How many milliseconds does it take for PayPal to process a payment😂😂.

Everything’s gone full circle. Once, vehicles didn’t even come with heaters standard, then seatbelts, then radios were standard, then seatbelts, the ABS, then the tech now they’re taking it all back, the world is on its backside🙄

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think the answer to the broad question is simple;

What would I pay monthly for?

Anything that’ll be cheaper that way and I want it.

Either the simple answer or we can keep debating the philosophical reasons why monthly payments are bad and everyone should be charged up front……

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
I just thought I'd pop in here to say HI! to the Ford officials taking notes on what people will pay for.

Hi Ford! (Note - I don't want any subscription fees.)
You said it best, Patrick. NO fees. Next' Ford will want to charge us for using their tires!

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
"High school in the 1990's". I keep forgetting jhow old I am.
I bought a new 1984 Cutlass Supreme with out a radio. Keep in mind the car companies hadn't figured out that their customers wanted premium sound. I know how old I am!! Old.

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag
I've updated my response from "Hell no, I bought the car, I'm not paying for anything extra" to "Hands Free Cruise Control." That is the only thing that will require continual investments and improvements. Everything else, "Hell no!"

Reactions: TTF

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll pay for the BOCN 25% discount if it's still like $50. If they ever bring it back for sign-up, that is. Hope they do soon. My subscription expires next month and we use it a lot.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
I bought a new 1984 Cutlass Supreme with out a radio. Keep in mind the car companies hadn't figured out that their customers wanted premium sound. I know how old I am!! Old.
My first new car was a 73 Vega. I know, I know.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Foot massage and neck rub. Everything else should be in the car already and not magically turn off on Feb 14th to remind you Ford gave you no love.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I'd pay monthly for heated seats, bluetooth, radar cruise control, etc etc, but not if I had to pay for the hardware up front too.

I'd be happy to have just about anything on a pay-per-use subscription fee. 35 cents a day for the 3 minutes it takes to warm up my seats, 25 cents for every bluetooth call (with rebates for all the times AA bugs out and loses a call).

If subscriptions are required on top of buying the hardware, I would likely end up with very little of either.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The other half of the equation is how much it takes off of the MSRP of the car in the first place (if any).
Sponsored