What is the most you would pay for a Mach E

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Seeing how car prices keep getting increase, what is the most you would pay for a GTPE before looking at something else? Ask another way, what's the most FORD can charge for a MME GTPE before you start looking elsewhere?

Now that the GTPE is approaching 80k out the door, its really getting hard to justify such a high price when there are tons of other options available.

Granted the EVs are more expensive than ICE, but 80k can get you into a base Porsche or nicely option BMW, Merc, Audi.
Sponsored

Moomin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 civic hybrid - upgrading to MME 4 Premium
Country flag
I’m not sure why people are paying the new 2023 price? And you’re asking how much more to pay? Are you a Ford feeler? The state and federal rebates when it was a 22 factored the premium to be $43k which was ok but I would not have paid over $50k for it to start. I saw a report somewhere that the majority of EV buyers are not because it’s a green vehicle but because it kitschy. Just like the Jag and Porsche ownership in the 80’s.

OT Ducati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Things
Country flag
I’m not sure why people are paying the new 2023 price? And you’re asking how much more to pay? Are you a Ford feeler? The state and federal rebates when it was a 22 factored the premium to be $43k which was ok but I would not have paid over $50k for it to start. I saw a report somewhere that the majority of EV buyers are not because it’s a green vehicle but because it kitschy. Just like the Jag and Porsche ownership in the 80’s.
I agree, not over 50k.

OP
OP

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I am definitely not a Ford dealer. I've been pretty critical of Ford and how they have handle the recall and their dealers not honoring the agreed price.

Just asking what's the most you would pay for a GTPE, now or next year. Since FORD keep raising the price, at what point do you call quits, and start looking for different car.

Last edited:

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I wouldn't pay a penny more than I did, and am not at all sure I didn't pay too much already. I'm not mad, but $1,000 a month gets a bunch of different cars these days.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E What is the most you would pay for a Mach E 06A6A8BE-1607-4230-969F-2E021653CE15

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Since we had to do a Roth IRA conversion to get the tax credit, I don't count that. We have A-Plan, but I do count sales tax. Just under $60k. I wouldn't pay more. I don't think a GTPE makes sense for the majority of Mach-E owners. Back in 2021, I quickly decide that neither GT trim was worth the premium over a Premium.

I thought the F-150L was overpriced a year ago, but I put in a reservation for $100. With the price hike it's not worth it to me, now add in the loss of a tax credit. I also think a lot of F-150L owners have bought over their ability to afford, and will quickly sell them as they realize that.

athomas43

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Above 53/54k. I have an order in for a mme premium 2023 right now. Came out to almost 58k. If I get it before the end of the year, it’ll be 50k with tax incentives & state. If it changes to next year, I (with a lot of hope) assume it’ll still be half the incentive which puts it on par with the price of the ev6 wind awd with tech package if you can get it at msrp. I wouldn’t go above that. At that point I’d switch to a Model 3, EV6, or wait & invest in the Chevy EV’s that are coming out.

azulejost

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iced Blue Silver Premium Std Range RWD
Country flag
For me, I struggled to justify paying more than about $5-8k over the price of the Model 3 RWD. That meant the ‘22 was under consideration, particularly Standard Range RWD with the tax credit for this calendar year. But ‘23 prices, for me, were hard to justify without the tax credit.

For my wife’s car, she picked it; seeing her enjoy a car for once makes whatever price worth it, especially since that meant first a Rapid Red now a Grabber Blue sharing the garage.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
All in (taxes, fees, etc) I paid just under 60k for my premium. I partially paid that price due to the 7.5k rebate, but I love the car so much I’d pay 60k without a rebate if I had to do it again.

if they could make a GTPE without a 5 second limit, I’d pay around 75k to 80k for that.

Hdscreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Had an ordered premium being delivered this week to dealer but they wanted 5k over msrp. I told them no thanks and ordered a CT5 saving me 12k compared to the adm price they were asking.
Sponsored