Which would you rather own (and which would anger people the most?)

Would you rather see and or buy?

• Total voters

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Curious if you think Ford should build either of these cars. And if they did, would you be interested?

If the Mach E was actually powered by a GT500 drivetrain……. I would have seriously considered it!
Sponsored

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
"Mach E body with a gas engine" is kinda the Edge ST no? It's not a GT500 level of HP but I think Ford didn't pursue that for good reason, you already had Porsche, the Durango Hellcat and others in a tiny market.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
"Mach E body with a gas engine" is kinda the Edge ST no? It's not a GT500 level of HP but I think Ford didn't pursue that for good reason, you already had Porsche, the Durango Hellcat and others in a tiny market.
Edge ST? Not even close. That’s like comparing a BMW M5 to a Taurus SHO.

It would more be a competitor for a BMW X6M or a Porsche Macan GTS.

Actually the Porsche Macan GTS and the upcoming Macan EV are the perfect comparison since they’re making a gas and electric version.

FWIW, I usually love the tiny market cars. Like my last one (Chevy SS sedan).
They only sold about 2500/yr.

On a related note, if the Mach E was instead called and looked like an Edge E, I wouldn’t have bought it either.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Coming up on three years with our Mach-E’s. They were the perfect car for us then. Had the electric mustang been a two door coupe we wouldn’t have even considered it. With two kids, the older in his last couple years of high school, we could fit both kids and all the groceries or whatever. It’s still a fun drive.
Now one kid is off to college and the three of us left rarely go anywhere together, I would buy a 2 door coupe AWD electric mustang without a second thought.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Coming up on three years with our Mach-E’s. They were the perfect car for us then. Had the electric mustang been a two door coupe we wouldn’t have even considered it. With two kids, the older in his last couple years of high school, we could fit both kids and all the groceries or whatever. It’s still a fun drive.
Now one kid is off to college and the three of us left rarely go anywhere together, I would buy a 2 door coupe AWD electric mustang without a second thought.
It’s interesting that it seems a lot more here are interested in the Mach E because it’s electric than those who just wanted a small good looking performance SUV.

For a comparison, the Porsche Taycan is almost identical in sales to the Panamera (both 34k/yr sold)-

https://insideevs.com/news/631126/porsche-taycan-global-sales-2022q4/amp/

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I still have the two kids, and two dogs, so I need all this space in the Mach-E. But not if it were gas. Love my car just the way it is.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
We don't have kids or dogs, but a two door as our primary car just wouldn't cut it. We want the flexibility for hauling stuff, be it Home Depot trips, my bike, or whatever. I've never been a Mustang guy (I bought the MME in spite of, not because of). But for our needs the MME is close to perfect. As for a gas MME, nope - I hope to never need to own a gas car again.
Sponsored