Drive Mode Poll - Which Do You Use Most?

What Drive Mode do you use the most?

• Total voters

Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Good call on that, I hadn’t thought about the brake lights. I’ve found driving in unbridled when there’s traffic makes it easier, less back and forth between the accelerator and brake. No brake lights is a downside to that though.
Yeah I had absolutely no idea until I had my husband driving behind me after we picked up his Edge from the detailer and I let off completely. We were talking on the phone most of the ride home and he said, "hey your brake lights aren't coming on when you slow down." I wonder if they come on with 1pd on when you let off completely? If not, might be a bit of a safety issue that if the car reduces speed above a certain aggressiveness ( not sure if that's the best word to use) then the brake lights should engage to reflect the deceleration.

digdug52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E 4X, 2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Unbridled with 1P on for me. It makes driving the MME close to same feel driving the Model 3 so I don't have to adjust my style when I switch between the vehicles.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Another 'Whisper' mode with 1PD off here. I am already prone to motion sickness, and when I rode in a friend's Model 3 with 1PD I thought I was truly about to vomit. Super unpleasant.

I will occasionally turn on Unbridled though, when I'm making a late-night grocery run on an empty interstate!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Have you tried NOT drifting around every turn? Maybe that will help her not be so queezy
That's odd - she said exactly the same thing!

She also keeps pointing out that tires are expensive... not sure why

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag

Ztug

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 mache e
Country flag
Good call on that, I hadn’t thought about the brake lights. I’ve found driving in unbridled when there’s traffic makes it easier, less back and forth between the accelerator and brake. No brake lights is a downside to that though.
I'm surprised that regenerative braking doesn't make the brake lights go on. In my motorhome, the jake brake does even though I don't touch the brake pedal. Seems like it's unsafe to have your car slowing down abruptly without brake lights

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm surprised that regenerative braking doesn't make the brake lights go on. In my motorhome, the jake brake does even though I don't touch the brake pedal. Seems like it's unsafe to have your car slowing down abruptly without brake lights
Yeah particularly in Unbridled. The other 2 slow down at a more normal speed.

ToddH

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E RWD X Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like Whisper with 1PD. I feather the throttle when slowing down and it's pretty smooth. I've tried the other modes, of course, but found it harder to keep from lurching while using 1PD. Plus, I'm very happy with the acceleration in any of the modes. Vomit is just not my idea of a good fragrance for a car.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Vomit is just not my idea of a good fragrance for a car.
Yeah after scaring my mother almost to that point when I put my foot down, I now ask people how strong their stomach is before I demo the acceleration ?

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Whisper with 1-pd gives me the most fun with efficiency...until yesterday. Coming into garage I needed a little more forward movement and thought I gently used the accelerator but car leaped forward and I hit my large tool box. Scuffed the front of the car and INFURIATED me. I hate the thought of trying to remember to engage and disengage 1-pd but I cannot let this happen again.

OP
OP
Gullwingdmc

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Whisper with 1-pd gives me the most fun with efficiency...until yesterday. Coming into garage I needed a little more forward movement and thought I gently used the accelerator but car leaped forward and I hit my large tool box. Scuffed the front of the car and INFURIATED me. I hate the thought of trying to remember to engage and disengage 1-pd but I cannot let this happen again.
Auto hold concerns me for the same reason in my garage. If I pull in and stop, and then realize I need to pull in a little more. I have to press hard enough to disengage the auto hold, but not so much that I lunge forward.

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Auto hold concerns me for the same reason in my garage. If I pull in and stop, and then realize I need to pull in a little more. I have to press hard enough to disengage the auto hold, but not so much that I lunge forward.
Had not considered the 'auto hold' factor. Thanks!
Sponsored