The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

The Super Poll - What Software Enhancements Do You Want Most?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
With Powerup 2.3.0, @Ford Motor Company has now given us one more feature we requested - full screen Apple CarPlay!

After running the poll for nearly a month and 171 participants, here are the current standings. Many of these features at the top are consistent favorites after multiple rounds of polling. Some are likely much easier to implement than others.

One tap manual access to, or smarter automatic, front and 360 cams when parking
48.5​
Sentry Mode (but might not be possible with existing hardware?)
47.4​
Display detailed charging status on infotainment screen while public charging
45​
Ability to customize driver screen (move speedometer, see different data)
42.7​
Add option to replace heated seat slider with taps to toggle between Off 1 2 3
39.8​
Use video apps on infotainment screen when parked
37.4​
Continued enhancement to DCFC charging curve (even better than 21P22)
34.5​
Ability to open frunk using FordPass
33.3​
Option to add an Instant Energy Use graphic to driver display like with Energi, Bolt, etc.
33.3​
Add vehicle health monitoring stats like battery temperature, motor temperature, etc.
33.3​
Make FordPass more responsive, cleaner, better organized, or just give EV owners their own app
32.2​
BlueCruise OTA Update
31.6​
Make volume knob multi-function to also adjust and slider functions such as fan speed and temp
31​
Make PAAK Much More Reliable (I dunno what else to say here - its still very spotty)
29.8​
Add automatic battery preconditioning for public chargers set in route plan
26.9​
Option to auto-tilt side mirrors when in reverse
26.3​
Portrait Mode Apple CarPlay / Android Auto - UPDATE, now available with 2.3.0
25.7​
Allow cabin preconditioning to be set to specific temp
25.1​
Pet Mode
23.4​
One-tap from home screen to turn off HVAC
22.8​
Ability to set "safe zones" such as garage where auto-lock is disabled
21.1​
When plugging in at home, give pop up allowing easy way to manually override schedule and charge now
21.1​
Ability to keep HVAC in recirculation mode
18.1​
Add swipe-right shortcut bar to infotainment screen and ability to pin items there with long press
12.9​
Smarter Intelligent ACC to reduce speed before passing a lower speed limit sign
12.9​
Option to disable One Pedal Driving in reverse
10.5​
Ability to adjust propulsion sound volume
8.8​
Touch screen door opening (Uber mode)
8.2​
Allow dynamic expansion of battery, such as periodic “Charge to 110%" if conditions permit
5.8​
Customize default backup camera view (e.g. start up with the 3-way camera view)
5.8​

I'll run this for a while longer before shutting it down. Eventually I'll start a new poll which puts the less popular requests out to pasture and adds the new suggestions. Please keep the votes and new suggestions coming.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mirak

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I think we can scratch Sentry Mode from the next poll. Ford’s newly announced “Canopy” venture with ADT makes it appear highly unlikely that Ford can or will ever roll out similar functionality for our existing hardware.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag

PA Bob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium RWD SB
Country flag
I really love this car so my suggestions are very trivial. I think Ford did a great job.
* I would like the same fancy graphics on my dash screen when I'm in Engage and Whisper as I get when I'm in Unbridled.
* Make the heated seat reset to off at the end of the drive. Sometimes the passenger uses it and I forget to turn it off.
* I want to second the person who asked that the car be able to regulate the amps when you charge. When I go to my Dad's house, he has a 30A circuit on his porch. I have to take my whole Juice Box charger with me b/c that will regulate the amps.

Thanks for creating this pole. It gives Ford a shorthand look at what we all want.

Romano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
We don't know what the 10-80% time is for 21P22. We're definitely falling behind our competitors though.

Per VW Group CEO, VW is boosting ID4 charging to get it go 5-80% in 29 minutes in their next big update. I'd like to see similar improvement previews from Ford.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/herb...e-next-year-activity-6877120112235708416-t1Ut
Wow, VW is cutting down their 5-80% load time by 9 minutes?! That really matters when going on a long road trip where you're doing 10-12 charges round trip. Saves a good 2 hours of waiting. That is what I hope to see most with these future updates (next to improved UI speed and added entertainment options).

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Sigh.
The cameras look DOWN for PARKING. They do not look OUT like Tesla cameras do for driving. You can verify this yourself by physically looking at how the cameras are oriented (the ones in the mirrors literally point down at the ground and the ones in the nose and tail are oriented downward. The only camera that faces outward is the forward-facing camera behind the rear-view mirror). Also, as I’ve previously said, you can confirm the synthetic view can’t show you people approaching your car by simply turning on the 360 view and having someone try to approach the car from different angles. You won’t see them. At most you’ll see their feet and lower legs when they get close.
Sentry mode for Tesla is a freebie because they have to have outward looking cameras all over their cars as ADAS sensors.
I’ve explained this so many times, I should ask the moderator to make it a sticky ?‍?
If you actually look at the cameras under the mirrors, they are set at a downward angle, but not straight down. Given their mounting angle, the wide angle lens they use does provide significant vision outward.

Larva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
The poll indicates that portrait mode was achieved for both CarPlay and Android Auto. It appears true for CarPlay. I have an android and it does not go into portrait mode. Is the poll wrong or is there some setting in the car or on my phone I'm not aware of?

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I wish we could set up drive modes that use parts of current modes. Like have the throttle mapping of engage, with the steering of unbridled, and the regen mapping of whisper.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If you actually look at the cameras under the mirrors, they are set at a downward angle, but not straight down. Given their mounting angle, the wide angle lens they use does provide significant vision outward.
Yes, but not really enough to be useful as “security cameras”. As I said - hop in the car, turn on the 360 view, and have a friend approach the car from various angles. You’ll see what I mean. The Tesla B-pillar cameras are much better suited to this purpose.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Yes, but not really enough to be useful as “security cameras”. As I said - hop in the car, turn on the 360 view, and have a friend approach the car from various angles. You’ll see what I mean. The Tesla B-pillar cameras are much better suited to this purpose.
I get that, but I’d rather have “something” rather than “nothing”. I believe I am not alone in that sentiment.

pdxzzr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Not on the list, but how about a key fob trade in program, for one that has a dedicated button to open the frunk ...

I had a Porsche Boxster that had such a button on the fob and I used the frunk quite often. As it is, I almost never remember that I have a frunk with this car.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I get that, but I’d rather have “something” rather than “nothing”. I believe I am not alone in that sentiment.
Right. But then people will complain about how awful ford’s sentry system is compared to Tesla’s. It’s a no-win.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Right. But then people will complain about how awful ford’s sentry system is compared to Tesla’s. It’s a no-win.
By that logic they shouldn’t fix anything that anyone does better than they can.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
By that logic they shouldn’t fix anything that anyone does better than they can.
Good point! Then maybe Ford should offer a proper “sentinel” package as an option in future models, with cameras oriented the right way.
Sponsored