FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
You said "snark, snark". So I came back with how spinning snow tires is easy. Snark, snark.
I was just reacting to what seemed to be your snarky post about not using summer tires in the winter in response to my just expressing that it was fun to unexpectedly spin my tires. Meant it to be funny. Sorry it wasn’t interpreted that way. 👍🏻
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I was just reacting to what seemed to be your snarky post about not using summer tires in the winter in response to my just expressing that it was fun to unexpectedly spin my tires. Meant it to be funny. Sorry it wasn’t interpreted that way. 👍🏻
It was taken funny.

My post wasn't snarky - most people have no clue that it's DANGEROUS to drive on summer tires below 45 degrees, that the tires are slick and like plastic, and that chunks can come out and they can crack. This from the manufacturers - warning in the manual. And never store below 20 degrees.

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
All good and I hear you Rick! Definitely true in your part of the world which I lived in for 15 years in A2.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
A GTPE with summer tires should not be on the road below 45 degrees...
You're kidding right? That's the best time. Grin inducing at ever stoplight.

In sunny southern California, we have mornings where temp are below 40. Trust me when I say that no one here is changing to winter tires. Base on traffic this morning, they're not keeping their cars at home either.
Sponsored