mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 VW e-Golf, 2022 MME Cal RT1 IBSM
Country flag
Full family in the car - mostly sleeping. Got rear ended not going that fast. Luckily everyone is ok - and I feel comfortable that the MME protected us well. Was a few hours from my house.

I believe MME is just cosmetic and sensors. The Nisan Altima that hit us has engine and radiator damage.

I got underneath and didn’t see any bends to the battery rails or any damage. Starting the car - no issue, just sensor/parking faults.

ford dealer service is closed for the night. Plan to take it to them in the morning just to ensure everything is good and secure the bumper so that k can drive it 200 miles home.

currently at 50% charge. Need more to get home. I absolutely do not want to fast charge until an EV tech evaluates it so want to LVL 2 charge. Any reason I should wait? Car not reporting any issues with drivetrain.

other question: dealer recommended caliber collision. Thoughts?

IMG_1657.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
With a bit of luck, you won’t need to repaint the lift gate. Looks like mostly cosmetic damage from the pics. Good luck!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Personally, I wouldn't hesitate fast charging. It really wouldn't be much different than driving it or L2. Energy in or out would all be the same. Also, doesn't appear to be bad enough to get to the pack. But do as you feel comfortable.

OP
OP

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@DevSecOps I didn’t think about the high voltage out and high voltage in comparison. I felt comfortable driving it. (Although not with the kids until I drove it first)

thank you for the thoughts.

Almondtree

First Name
Phyllis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Full family in the car - mostly sleeping. Got rear ended not going that fast. Luckily everyone is ok - and I feel comfortable that the MME protected us well. Was a few hours from my house.

I believe MME is just cosmetic and sensors. The Nisan Altima that hit us has engine and radiator damage.

I got underneath and didn’t see any bends to the battery rails or any damage. Starting the car - no issue, just sensor/parking faults.

ford dealer service is closed for the night. Plan to take it to them in the morning just to ensure everything is good and secure the bumper so that k can drive it 200 miles home.

currently at 50% charge. Need more to get home. I absolutely do not want to fast charge until an EV tech evaluates it so want to LVL 2 charge. Any reason I should wait? Car not reporting any issues with drivetrain.

other question: dealer recommended caliber collision. Thoughts?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Whomp whomp - my pony is hurt IMG_1660

Ford Mustang Mach-E Whomp whomp - my pony is hurt IMG_1660
We used Caliber Collision in California when my open cargo door hit the garage door. They did a great job.

Fixbear

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SelectMachE4 SR , Mini SE
Occupation
retired, Construction Mechanic, Refrigeration tech, Ford, GMC, Chevy tech,
Country flag
The place to look for severity of damage is the sides at the rear wheel area to the top at the hatch hinges. Look for bulging or kinks. And if the rear-view mirror stayed attached, it's not that bad. For some reason the ones I've seen the mirror comes off. It doesn't look bad from your pictures, But I bet the Nissan was hurt. The Mach-E's are very safe in collisions. Non-EV drivers are complaining about the EV's being too heavy. And they get greater damage in collisions. Learn to drive then.

OP
OP

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Relatively inexpensive repair. Still trying to get the paint matched.

My issue is the parking sensors. Ended up taking it to a Ford dealer to identify which sensor was bad. We replaced the one they identified as bad but still getting a parking sensor fault. Anyone know any good tricks to identify which one is working and which one is not?

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Question: Were you in one pedal drive at the time?
Not sure it matters though.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Relatively inexpensive repair. Still trying to get the paint matched.

My issue is the parking sensors. Ended up taking it to a Ford dealer to identify which sensor was bad. We replaced the one they identified as bad but still getting a parking sensor fault. Anyone know any good tricks to identify which one is working and which one is not?
Have someone watch the screen and walk around the car in drive. You should see each sensor go red as they walk around. There are 4 in front and 4 in back, and 4 on the sides if you have APA.

OP
OP

mccdeuce

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Question: Were you in one pedal drive at the time?
Not sure it matters though.
Was in one pedal and when we were hit. Was also stationary. Don’t think auto hold. Just started 5-10mph then stopped.

Have someone watch the screen and walk around the car in drive. You should see each sensor go red as they walk around. There are 4 in front and 4 in back, and 4 on the sides if you have APA.
Will try when my wife gets home. Do have APA but generally the sensors fault out and turn off on reverse activation. Will try in Drive tonight.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Was in one pedal and when we were hit. Was also stationary. Don’t think auto hold. Just started 5-10mph then stopped.

Will try when my wife gets home. Do have APA but generally the sensors fault out and turn off on reverse activation. Will try in Drive tonight.
Try both drive and reverse.