jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Not sure. Has never come up. If I was in that situation then I take my pet with me. I think it is actually illegal to leave a pet in the vehicle here. Maybe because it gets so hot here. Other states may allow it though. If you travel to AZ with your pet during the summer then bring paw protection for their feet and don't leave them in a parked car. Incredibly dangerous. Just saying....
Many places it is illegal to take your dog inside (unless of course if it is a seeing eye dog, etc).

It will be more comfortable for the dog to stay in the temperature controlled vehicle than to be tied outside.

If the windows are tinted so much you couldn't see the screen, then what makes you think you can see the pet inside?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Many places it is illegal to take your dog inside (unless of course if it is a seeing eye dog, etc).

It will be more comfortable for the dog to stay in the temperature controlled vehicle than to be tied outside.

If the windows are tinted so much you couldn't see the screen, then what makes you think you can see the pet inside?
Many places here allow pets inside. Probably because it is so dangerous to leave them in the car. They even have pet friendly restaurants. Probably just an AZ thing I guess....

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Count me in for Pet Mode. I relocate to a second home a couple times per year. How nice to run into the bathroom knowing Bowser will be kept at a comfortable temperature.

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
My dog is an idiot that I wouldn't trust to not chew up the center armrest while I'm doing my shopping. Woof. Otherwise I'd love to take her around with me.

For everyone else with a smarter pet I understsnd the need and voice my support for a pet mode. ?

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It‘s on the center screen.

1641060685050.jpeg
Not very noticeable to outside people. Now that transparent OLED technology exists, perhaps Elon could make a segment of each passenger window a display with that message? Or he could use E-ink? By the way, I’m not Tesla-bashing or Elon-bashing (shocking for me, I know ?), I’m making an honest suggestion. Again, this isn’t something I’d normally be very cognizant of and, if I were to come across a vehicle on a hot day with an animal inside, at most, I might call 9-1-1.

MotownMachdoc

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Not sure. Has never come up. If I was in that situation then I take my pet with me. I think it is actually illegal to leave a pet in the vehicle here. Maybe because it gets so hot here. Other states may allow it though. If you travel to AZ with your pet during the summer then bring paw protection for their feet and don't leave them in a parked car. Incredibly dangerous. Just saying....
In some Michigan cities I believe you can get a citation for leaving your car running and contributing to making it easier to steal the car.

TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
I'm not a pet owner or plan to be, but I absolutely would welcome this feature.

Yes, I personally won't have a use for it. My specific use case shouldn't prevent others from having a better experience with their cars. ??‍♂

DZign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
one with wheels
Country flag
Didn't Tesla invent pet mode because they use/used a standard lcd screen that can't handle extreme temperatures?
So they keep the car cool 'for your pet / comfort ' but it's really to stop the screen from going bad ?
Maybe I'm wrong but I think I read something about that once..

Anyway I wouldn't keep my pet alone in the car, have no need for such a mode..

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Didn't Tesla invent pet mode because they use/used a standard lcd screen that can't handle extreme temperatures?
So they keep the car cool 'for your pet / comfort ' but it's really to stop the screen from going bad ?
Maybe I'm wrong but I think I read something about that once..

Anyway I wouldn't keep my pet alone in the car, have no need for such a mode..
So Tesla only wants to protect the LCD for customers that have pets? Sounds far fetched to me.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Leave car on, open up Notes, write message using Sketch, lock car with 7-8, 9 9-0 button combo

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
So Tesla only wants to protect the LCD for customers that have pets? Sounds far fetched to me.
No, by not using automotive grade components, Tesla needed to keep the cabin temperature within a certain range. Tesla later expanded on this with Pet Mode

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not very noticeable to outside people. Now that transparent OLED technology exists, perhaps Elon could make a segment of each passenger window a display with that message? Or he could use E-ink? By the way, I’m not Tesla-bashing or Elon-bashing (shocking for me, I know ?), I’m making an honest suggestion. Again, this isn’t something I’d normally be very cognizant of and, if I were to come across a vehicle on a hot day with an animal inside, at most, I might call 9-1-1.
Its very noticeable to outside people, and as this feature gets implemented more, more people will know to look at the huge center screen for guidance.

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I thought the feature (like many Tesla features) was added because of a Tweet.
They added it because they had issues with their screens bubbling due to high temperatures.