OP
OP

djett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD
Country flag
Oh, and BTW, no mention of the fact that I don't have a front plate.
Sponsored

EV OLVE

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Platinum, 2020 Fusion Titanium
Occupation
Live Production
Country flag
just about every intersection in SF has a no left turn during busy hours.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
As a young police officer I was occasionally tempted to compliment a stopped violator on his nice car.

I quickly learned that this would most often result in the violator accusing me of making the stop as an excuse for checking out the car.
Back in my early 20s...I bought my girlfriend a 1978 Trans AM (HO version, black paint and gold decals and stripes). She was a college student as NMSU and visit me in Tucson on the weekends.

That was way before cell phones were normal so she would always call me when she arrived at her dorm in Las Cruces. Doorstep to doorstep was exactly 300 miles and she routinely did it in 3 hours or less. One time she got pulled over because she passed the patrol car on the highway. He commented on the car and then let her go with a warning.

If it was me driving, I would've been handcuffed and thrown in the back seat of the squad car for the ride of shame back to the station. :)

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Back in my early 20s...I bought my girlfriend a 1978 Trans AM (HO version, black paint and gold decals and stripes). She was a college student as NMSU and visit me in Tucson on the weekends.

That was way before cell phones were normal so she would always call me when she arrived at her dorm in Las Cruces. Doorstep to doorstep was exactly 300 miles and she routinely did it in 3 hours or less. One time she got pulled over because she passed the patrol car on the highway. He commented on the car and then let her go with a warning.

If it was me driving, I would've been handcuffed and thrown in the back seat of the squad car for the ride of shame back to the station. :)
If My 7 years of High School math serves me, 300 miles in less than 3 hours would be more than 100MPH average. If I had stopped you OR your girlfriend handcuffs would definitely have been involved. 😊

vortix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E GT
Country flag
I was going to park at a local garden center on a crowded weekend day. There is always a police officer stationed to direct traffic. I pulled into the small lot that was full, and he directed me to a side street. I parked on the side street and started walking, and he came over to tell me to come back over. I did, and he saved me the closest spot in the lot and proceeded to ask about my car (which he had never seen before). He had all sorts of questions about charging, if I like it, etc.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
There’s lots of no left turn signs here in MI. It’s the Michigan left intersections. You have to turn right to go left.
If you’re goin’ hard enough left, you’ll find yourself turnin’ right. Oh, right. That makes perfect sense. Turn “right” to go “left”.

In case someone didn’t get my quote, I’ll add a graphic.

381D2783-1905-42F8-AFDA-A5A7748C97CF.jpeg

Last edited:

Marcho

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previous, Maserati Granturismo. MV Brutale RR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I got pulled over yesterday for turning left onto a street that had a no left turn sign. He was nice enough and told me they were just letting folks know about the "no left turn sign" and, oh, nice car by the way, haven't seen one of these before. So the real question is did I get pulled over because I turned left or because he wanted to check out the car? It's all good, but I'm curious if anyone else had anything similar happen....
Because you broke the law. Why?

rapture89

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Corvette
Occupation
Information Technologist
Country flag
Nope, live in CT. It's not a one way street... No one is really sure why they put the sign up, guess I should have asked!
Here in VA and PA they have no left turns signs and many times it depends on the time of day too. They are used at high visibility risk areas for accidents and to keep traffic flowing in VA during rush hours.

wait what I mean is where visibility is low and there is a high risk on an accident. 😂

Mach 5e

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I got pulled over yesterday for turning left onto a street that had a no left turn sign. He was nice enough and told me they were just letting folks know about the "no left turn sign" and, oh, nice car by the way, haven't seen one of these before. So the real question is did I get pulled over because I turned left or because he wanted to check out the car? It's all good, but I'm curious if anyone else had anything similar happen....
Traffic instructions (Rules and Laws) are just that. If people don't bother to read or follow the posted instructions then they are subject to the consequences. You already state WHY you were legitimately pulled over, and I'm assuming your driving record, and docs all looked good, so a warning for a potentially subjective newer sign may well have been in order. Modern fancy new and cool E.V.'s may well add to that becasue they scream responsible and environmentally aware drivers for the most part?

All just my opinion

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
It happens. I used to have a cherry red Mercedes C300 when they first came out. I got pulled over on I90 heading to Boston, cop said I was doing 97 when he clocked me (I wasn't, at least not at that moment). When he came back fom his car he told me the radar must have malfunctioned or something because all he could do was give me a warning for 75, but didn't think it was worth it, so he gave me a verbal.

He then proceeded to ask me all about the car, why I chose it, and how I liked it. He was amazed it was a stick, loved the wheels, etc etc etc. Turns out he had recently bought an A4 (and was active in those forums), but wished he had gotten the MB, and just wanted to chat. A heart attack and 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back later and I was back on my way.

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Gotta believe that the violation and the interest in the car are two different events and not related. You were pulled over for a reason, there has to be one for you to be pulled over. Recently, had a visit from a false 911 trigger at my residence and officer completed inquiry then commented on the 32" tires on my 95 Explorer he had noticed. We proceeded to talk cars for a while. Because of the vocation, motives are often questioned. The small talk helps to de-escalate and bring the situation back to normal. Probably more of a trained response...but cops are people too and have interests outside of enforcing the law. That includes car and the latest EVs.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

Top engine option in 1978 for the Firebird was the W-72 400. The last year there was “HO” on the shaker from the factory was 1976 (even though it was the same as the station wagon 455 engine and the 1978 engine was more powerful). 😊🐩

That said, back when my 1979 Trans Am was new I pulled the engine and put in a 1970 455 (high compression, large valve. Basically a Ram Air III with more displacement). I got pulled over by a CHP officer who just wanted to look at it. Nothing illegal involved. Turns out the CHP officer had an out of state relative that was going to bringing in a W-72 car (48 state engine) for him as a “used” car. Seems that he was into these cars and heard about my swap. 🤪🐩

IMDIDOC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 1970 Z-28 RS Original Owner
Occupation
Optometrist
Country flag
Similar to 52 years ago when I had just picked up my new 1970 Z-28 and was crossing into Detroit from Canada and the custom agent told me to pull into the garage. Three guys were about to take the car apart when the guy at the booth came running over and told them to stop. He wanted to know how I liked the car and did I get a good deal. After I recovered from near cardiac arrest, I just looked at him and said yes and left.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
It seems that you got pulled over because you broke the law, and they didn't ticket you because they're currently warning offenders (I assume it's probably a new sign?)
Sponsored