Why is Ford unable to provide a semi-accurate delivery time window?

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
I'm sorry friend. Your situation is worse than most. Why can't Ford actually just resolve your issue? I can think of several solutions to have someone get your car, load it on a single load regular tow truck, and bring it it your dealership within 3 days.

I'd like the same, of course
Maybe they could do that if they knew where it was at 😂

At this point I just laugh. Car could show up any day.
Sponsored

mach-bri

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E - Premium - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm in the same boat. My original expected delivery date was 9/14-9/20. The dealer let me know those projections were not always accurate and to give it +/- a week. They checked for me today and it looks like the last update was that it was on a rail stop in Kansas.

The dealer can't see any location updates since that stop in Kansas on 9/17, but Ford sent a new estimate delivery window now in late October. Not sure what's going on and if the freight rail crisis is still affecting all of us. Bit of a bummer.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Does these shipping delays specific to Ford or is it an industry wide problem?
Industry wide, car production was down ~20% last year... it's only up ~4% this year so it's still way below demand. The global supply chain is still very fragile. You may have seen pictures of stadiums and race tracks full of partially completed cars.

Logistics is better than it was a year ago but its still a shambles.
Sponsored