Why the hate?

Deleted member 9461

This is what's out there "on-line"
279855747_5140086099411230_2307305025920699809_n.png

For those that say.."it's not a mustang"....I ask ..."are you Ford Motor Company?" "Do you get to decide that?"
Everytime I look at the MACH E I hear, Knight Rider Theme, Airwolf, and Streethawk....My wife came out of the store and some random girl stopped took a picture and said DAMN THAT CAR IS HOT....

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
A lot is not hate. Its jealousy, envy, etc. etc. or a fear of the end of the beloved noisey mustang.

I love the noise and I love the silence even more!

Tesla is better. Of course it is, on planet musk.

all news is good. all attention is good. It means interest.
I’ve had both and being in an ev crazy environment it’s overwhelmingly positive.
Plus I see a handful of these things everyday now. Not as unusual or as exciting as a year ago.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
The solution to that is to ask them to meet you on the road and then drop them like sad ICE throwbacks It’s unlikely they have a vehicle that could even touch the lowest and slowest select model
Every major manufacturer from Porsche to Rolls-Royce all the way down to Subaru has a similar vehicle coming out
They are the nitwits who cling to the past and avoid change and we should be fearful of them and avoid them
I bet most of them are driving those heinously ugly Tesla y’s or threes. The others are still wearing members only jackets and have mullets and wear bad old spice cologne
Jes frickin sayin

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
This is what's out there "on-line"
279855747_5140086099411230_2307305025920699809_n.png

For those that say.."it's not a mustang"....I ask ..."are you Ford Motor Company?" "Do you get to decide that?"
Great advertising. How many will look at that and go, it’s pretty good?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
There can't be too much hate if Ford had to shut down reservations for the rest of the year because they can't make enough right now to fill demand.
Yes, real easy to get a Tesla now, cause people are buying elsewhere a bit more.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Hate? I don't see any.

I do come across a few anti-ev people... but they seem to be astonishingly uniformed.
With being uniformed you mean the police?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Haven't seen any hate people here in Michigan. It's mostly been love, and the 20 question people. Could be location dependent?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
The solution to that is to ask them to meet you on the road and then drop them like sad ICE throwbacks It’s unlikely they have a vehicle that could even touch the lowest and slowest select model
Every major manufacturer from Porsche to Rolls-Royce all the way down to Subaru has a similar vehicle coming out
They are the nitwits who cling to the past and avoid change and we should be fearful of them and avoid them
I bet most of them are driving those heinously ugly Tesla y’s or threes. The others are still wearing members only jackets and have mullets and wear bad old spice cologne
Jes frickin sayin
I would argue that "meet them on the road and drop them like sad ICE" is clinging to the past.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I've gotten nothing but compliments on it. A few compliment it but throw in the "...but it's not a Mustang" line - I like to shrug and say "true, it is faster than about 98% of the Mustangs ever produced" and that usually gets a double-take and a discussion about performance that's shut people up.

ArthurH

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD EX; Rapid Red
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I was waiting to pick up my daughter from school yesterday and as the kids were being released, I overheard one kid saying "It looks like they copied a Tesla and dropped it a little bit" which I found odd because I don't think it really looks like a Tesla in the slightest, but hey... 8th graders.
Not just 8th graders. There's a lady at my work who saw my new MME from 2nd story window and came to our area asking, "Hey, who got the new Red TESLA?". A bunch of us looked at each other, knowing there's no Red Tesla on the lot.

She repeats, and finally I replied, "I'm unaware of a Red Tesla, but I have a Red Mustang Mach-E", which I then pointed at.

Oddly, she kept insisting, "No... That's a Tesla!".

We're all baffled at this point when I'm like telling her what it is, and she's refusing to believe me.

Wasn't until days later she comes back over to apologize for the misunderstanding... but man, it was just a weird conversation...

Malacandra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RWD ER, DMG
Occupation
Web Development Director
Country flag
Not just 8th graders. There's a lady at my work who saw my new MME from 2nd story window and came to our area asking, "Hey, who got the new Red TESLA?". A bunch of us looked at each other, knowing there's no Red Tesla on the lot.

She repeats, and finally I replied, "I'm unaware of a Red Tesla, but I have a Red Mustang Mach-E", which I then pointed at.

Oddly, she kept insisting, "No... That's a Tesla!".

We're all baffled at this point when I'm like telling her what it is, and she's refusing to believe me.

Wasn't until days later she comes back over to apologize for the misunderstanding... but man, it was just a weird conversation...
For some people, "EV" equals "Tesla".

I have encountered a couple of "It's not a Mustang" people, and I can honestly say, "I'm a card-carrying member of the Mustang Club of America, and it qualifies as far as I'm concerned."

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag

Mach-Evan

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-e GT / F-150 Lightning res.
Country flag
A few of my friends say the same thing, it's not a Mustang (including one that's owned many and currently owns a '66 and ~'16) - sad I don't know but he's had several in-between those years.

I like others often feel like an EV ambassador where I'm primarily dispelling rumors and myths. Questions like, what do you do in traffic jam!?! - to which I answer the same as you only an EV is better off since it doesn't idle. The FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) is REAL and spread far and wide.

I had one guy just cut me off and insist that pending SHTF/war event will render ALL EVs useless and he'll drive his gas car. I'm not sure how he thinks he's getting gas from a pump if there's such an event. I can't drill a hole in my back yard and extract gas - I can on the other hand generate electricity a number of ways on my own (solar, wind, hydro, a frigging bike with a generator, etc).
Sponsored