Window Calibration - Every Time?

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
So...I've had my Mach-E for 3 months now, and this is my first Ford in about 20 years. I have a question about the window operation.

In my previous vehicle, occasionally (maybe every 20th use or so) when you rolled the window up or down, you'd hear the window motor/regulator attempt to "push" the window a bit more at the top, just to make sure that it was staying calibrated for the correct top position. And if it fell OUT of calibration, you could roll it up/down a few times to get it to attempt that extra "push" for calibration at the top again.

In the Mach-E, EVERY SINGLE TIME I roll the window up since the day I bought it (4 months now), it sounds/acts like my previous vehicle's calibration mode. You hear it roll the window up, slow down a bit at the top then strain a bit, then back of JUST slightly. I've attached two videos, one while holding it, the other when using auto/one-touch; it does it in both instances.

On page 105 of the Mach-E user's manual, it references "resetting one-touch close" which sounds like a manual re-calibration. I've tried this, and it doesn't seem to be any different than what happens every time I use the window anyway.

Do other's people's Mach-Es do this? Is it normal for it to do every time, and just something that Fords do?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
That's normal, they use soft start and stop now for every cycle.

This is the calibration procedure:

1. Start the engine.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.
  1. Release the window control switch.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully closed.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch again for at least one second.
  1. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.
  1. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed.
  1. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.

OP
OP
SpacePony

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
That's normal, they use soft start and stop now for every cycle.

This is the calibration procedure:

1. Start the engine.
  2. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.
  3. Release the window control switch.
  4. Lift and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully closed.
  5. Release the window control switch.
  6. Lift and hold the window control switch again for at least one second.
  7. Press and hold the window control switch until the door window is fully open.
  8. Release the window control switch.
  9. Lift and hold the window control switch until the window is fully closed.
  10. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch down and one-touch up features.
Uh oh, you lost me at step one! ;-)

(The rest match the page in the Mach-E user manual that I had noted)

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So...I've had my Mach-E for 3 months now, and this is my first Ford in about 20 years. I have a question about the window operation.

In my previous vehicle, occasionally (maybe every 20th use or so) when you rolled the window up or down, you'd hear the window motor/regulator attempt to "push" the window a bit more at the top, just to make sure that it was staying calibrated for the correct top position. And if it fell OUT of calibration, you could roll it up/down a few times to get it to attempt that extra "push" for calibration at the top again.

In the Mach-E, EVERY SINGLE TIME I roll the window up since the day I bought it (4 months now), it sounds/acts like my previous vehicle's calibration mode. You hear it roll the window up, slow down a bit at the top then strain a bit, then back of JUST slightly. I've attached two videos, one while holding it, the other when using auto/one-touch; it does it in both instances.

On page 105 of the Mach-E user's manual, it references "resetting one-touch close" which sounds like a manual re-calibration. I've tried this, and it doesn't seem to be any different than what happens every time I use the window anyway.

Do other's people's Mach-Es do this? Is it normal for it to do every time, and just something that Fords do?
I get the exact same situation occasionally but only on drivers side window. I've tried the calibration operation listed in the manual but makes no difference. I'd love to get a solution to this.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
that actually only seems to work for the one touch calibration and not for going too far up or down. I have tried this multiple times on the off chance it might sort it.
So what was the final fix?

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Huh, I guess I should try the windows and make sure they work... never rolled down any of them.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So what was the final fix?
still haven't sorted it, it's an intermittent thing and I don't want to take it to the dealer, I'll wait until it goes in for 10k service which will be some time off yet.

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
still haven't sorted it, it's an intermittent thing and I don't want to take it to the dealer, I'll wait until it goes in for 10k service which will be some time off yet.
Keep us posted please
Sponsored