Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E AWD SR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The volume of washer fluid required to fill the Window Washer Tank / Reservoir when the LOW warning lamp comes ON is 3.6 litres.

I finally had the Window Washer Fluid LOW lamp illuminate. This gave me the opportunity to carefully measure the volume of washer fluid required to re-fill the reservoir from "LOW lamp just came on" to "FULL near top of filler pipe".

The volume was 3.6 litres or 3600 ml or 7.6 US pints or 3.8 US quarts.

I could not find this useful information anywhere: on this forum, in the User Manual, on the Internet generally. So I thought I would record it here as a new thread for others to reference. Knowing the required volume allows me to formulate the required strength of washer fluid for the coming season when using concentrate
rather than ready-to-use washer fluid. In winter in the UK I like to use a 1:1 ratio of concentrated washer fluid to water. In the summer I use a 1:2 ratio of concentrate to water.

The whole reservoir may have a OVERALL capacity of something like 4 US quarts but it may not have a design capacity but just a design to make best use of the space available. One way to measure the OVERALL capacity of the reservoir would be to run the washers until washer fluid stopped being delivered and then to re-fill. However, I am afraid that this would introduce air into the pipework which may be difficult to clear. Alternatively, if anyone had a spare reservoir, for whatever reason(!), they could easily measure the capacity. There do seem to be spare reservoirs for sale on eBay:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Window Washer Tank / Reservoir Top-up Volume Window washer reservoir 01
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Or, you could simply top it off monthly or more often, depending how often you drive in messy weather...