Window recall in Washington

SpaceNeedle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I am having my recall work done on the 18th in Seattle. More than a little nervous since it seems I may be one of the first. Was willing to wait, but I have the dreaded axel clunk that is driving me crazy, so I thought I would bite the bullet and have the recall done as well. They did confirm that it will be done by a glass shop and said it would be 2 days.
Sponsored

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
o_O A month seems like a long time... Interesting that they said that the glass might break. Anyhow keep us posted when it gets done.
well it took longer than a week - Monday to the following Thursday but it’s done. Even though I had double checked they had the parts there was a mess up and they didn’t so took longer than it should’ve. Had a Kia Niro ev in meantime so wasn’t too bad. Updated me to 2.10 too.
There was an issue with some glue stain but they fixed it too.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I am having my recall work done on the 18th in Seattle. More than a little nervous since it seems I may be one of the first. Was willing to wait, but I have the dreaded axel clunk that is driving me crazy, so I thought I would bite the bullet and have the recall done as well. They did confirm that it will be done by a glass shop and said it would be 2 days.
What is the axel clunk?

beymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e Premium AWD Extended Range
Country flag
well it took longer than a week - Monday to the following Thursday but it’s done. Even though I had double checked they had the parts there was a mess up and they didn’t so took longer than it should’ve. Had a Kia Niro ev in meantime so wasn’t too bad. Updated me to 2.10 too.
There was an issue with some glue stain but they fixed it too.
Do you mind telling me which dealership you scheduled this through?

kf_man

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Country flag
I have been trying Ford of Kirkland as my original dealer (Bickford Ford) said they couldn't do it. I've been calling since December and they keep telling me to call back in 3-4 weeks. This time they told me to call back around the end of March.

I called Autonation Ford Bellevue today and scheduled my recall for February 3rd. The scheduler didn't know the length of the recall work, but she had an advisor call me back. He advised me that it would take up to a week and that a rental car would be covered. He said they work with a body shop to do these recalls and that they do a couple per week. Hopefully with that experience everything will go smoothly.

SpaceNeedle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Mine went in to Bill Pierre Ford today in Seattle. They did say it was a two day job and that it would be done by an outside shop. I confirmed that at least one other was done before me. Fingers crossed!

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I’m in queue at Evergreen Ford. Still one month out and apparently won’t be their first ?. Honestly after seeing what they’re going to do, I might just wait for the inevitable rock on I-90 cracking the windshield and requiring a full replacement. Don’t like the idea of the entire headliner and camera/mirror and mic assemblies coming out.

Ulrick28

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD-E Premium Mach-E, 2022 Kia EV Niro
Occupation
Support Engineering Manager
Country flag
Mine was repaired by bill pierre ford 2 weeks ago. According to the tech I was their first windshield repair. So far seems to have gone well. The person after me apparently didn't have as good of an experience :(

sambastang

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Veloster, 2021 Mustang Mach-E FE
Occupation
IT Engineer
Country flag
Mine went in to Bill Pierre Ford today in Seattle. They did say it was a two day job and that it would be done by an outside shop. I confirmed that at least one other was done before me. Fingers crossed!
Hiya - Any update on your experience with the (recently experienced) Bill Pierre for the recall service? And can you elaborate on the "axel clunk" you mentioned? That's my dealer, but I've not had service from them as yet. Thanks!

SpaceNeedle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hiya - Any update on your experience with the (recently experienced) Bill Pierre for the recall service? And can you elaborate on the "axel clunk" you mentioned? That's my dealer, but I've not had service from them as yet. Thanks!
The service overall was good. They took care of the roof without issue and the windshield was replaced in one day. As for the clunk, I am experiencing the same noise that hundreds of others have mentioned in the forum https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/axle-clunk.5668/
Unfortunately, they could not replicate during their test drive, but I am heading back in on Thursday for another try.

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
I’m in week 2 of waiting for all the recalls (including the windshield) done at automation ford of Bellevue. Apparently they have done 20 of these but my broken windshield wasnt in stock last week… really missing the Mach e as the rental phev just doesn’t cut it.

jericho

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
c8, Red '21 FE Mach E (traded), '23 Red GT
Country flag
week 3 now! Apparently windshield shipping issues.. sigh…
I’m in week 2 of waiting for all the recalls (including the windshield) done at automation ford of Bellevue. Apparently they have done 20 of these but my broken windshield wasnt in stock last week… really missing the Mach e as the rental phev just doesn’t cut it.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks for the update. I'm going to schedule mine soon.

Mantooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Mine is at Bellevue now. We will see how it turns out. No mention of being unable to obtain parts.

They will also be working on my axle clunk and doing a software update.
Sponsored