Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
Has anyone had success in Canada, specifically Ontario to find a dealer honouring the x plan for the Mach e?
I
Sponsored

slvrsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach-e
Country flag
I tried to find out from my dealer (who I don't recommend) and they mentioned they don't have information on that. This was about 2 weeks ago. It probably means Ford Canada doesn't have the information out yet....

Instead, they asked to commit my order (make it non-refundable) before placing it with ford (from reservation). Oh, and for more deposit too..... Sigh... this car is not looking good in my future at the moment.

OP
OP
Tremor38

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That sucks, I had a lot of pressure from two different dealers to post a $3000 deposit for a non FE but finally convinced one to go with $500, then they converted it to an order without reaching out. Unfortunately I changed my mind on colour after having seen the car at the auto show last winter. Now I’m waiting for a grey one to show up... I’ve been told next week... with my name on it. They said if I don’t like it, I can re-order. My dealer also has had very limited info but is telling me they are not taking the x plan. So I’m thinking of calling all near by dealers to see if any of the others are offering.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
How far are you from Michigan? Ontarians quite regularly purchase cars from Detroit and Port Huron area dealers. I'm not sure if Mach E is on the approved list yet, but aside from cheaper prices, pretty much anyone in Michigan will participate in X-Plan (not necessarily for Mach E, though; you'll still have to call around). And no, the warranty is not invalid when you cross the border.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Country flag
How far are you from Michigan? Ontarians quite regularly purchase cars from Detroit and Port Huron area dealers. I'm not sure if Mach E is on the approved list yet, but aside from cheaper prices, pretty much anyone in Michigan will participate in X-Plan (not necessarily for Mach E, though; you'll still have to call around). And no, the warranty is not invalid when you cross the border.
This may work in normal times, but the border remains closed now and likely will for several more months.

OP
OP
Tremor38

Tremor38

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not a bad idea but I think with COVID closing the boarders I don’t think that will work.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Not a bad idea but I think with COVID closing the boarders I don’t think that will work.
Lots of newspaper stories lately about snowbirds in Ontario having their cars shipped across at Buffalo (border not closed to commercial trucking), then flying in a helicopter from Hamilton/St Catharines to Buffalo. Canadians arrive at Buffalo airport private terminal, pass thru customs, hop in their waiting car, drive to Florida. Newspaper quoted $1200 CDN for 3 passengers and $700 CDN for the auto transport across the border.

I would something similar is happening in the Detroit area - maybe they would offer you a better rate for transporting a car on the otherwise empty truck returning to Canada?
Sponsored