scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Actually, Ford has written policies on X-Plan. When you buy a vehicle under X-Plan, the dealer has to specify, in writing, things. And you have to sign. And the deal is audited by Ford, so if there's a problem they get the numbers adjusted.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/jsp/howitworks/fordpartner_rules.htm
Yes I agree with you on this, but I think you misunderstood me.

I've been told that whether the dealer decides to allow use of X-Plan on a car that is eligible for the program from the outset is completely up to the dealer.

You're correct that once they do an X-Plan deal, it limits them from adding on "document fees" (limited already in CA by law) and other extraneous stuff like ADM.

If you look in the program terms online, it says nothing about whether the dealer "must" honor X-Plan pricing for a car that is eligible. Totally up to the dealer.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yes I agree with you on this, but I think you misunderstood me.

I've been told that whether the dealer decides to allow use of X-Plan on a car that is eligible for the program from the outset is completely up to the dealer.

You're correct that once they do an X-Plan deal, it limits them from adding on "document fees" (limited already in CA by law) and other extraneous stuff like ADM.

If you look in the program terms online, it says nothing about whether the dealer "must" honor X-Plan pricing for a car that is eligible. Totally up to the dealer.
I didn't misunderstand you at all. You wrote a bunch of things that aren't correct. Ford has written policies ON EVERYTHING. Whether those policies are shown to the public or not, they exist. Whether they let the public see them or not, they exist.

You said " although purposely Ford does not state any policies re X-Plan". I just provided a link to an entire site containing X-Plan policies. Whether it addresses the issue you are spending so much time delving into or not, it's policies.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I didn't misunderstand you at all. You wrote a bunch of things that aren't correct. Ford has written policies ON EVERYTHING. Whether those policies are shown to the public or not, they exist. Whether they let the public see them or not, they exist.

You said " although purposely Ford does not state any policies re X-Plan". I just provided a link to an entire site containing X-Plan policies. Whether it addresses the issue you are spending so much time delving into or not, it's policies.
Um, I think if you read at the link, it does not state that a dealer must offer X-Plan pricing on a vehicle that Ford offers the program on. It's left vague. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of other policies, just that whether a dealer is obligated to give you X-plan is left vague.

When dealing with my slimy dealer, I got a senior Ford executive involved, and they wrote to me that Ford allows its dealers to decide on a car-by-car, customer-by-customer basis whether they will allow the customer to use X-Plan pricing. What Ford does not like is when a dealer states they will honor X-Plan pricing in writing to a customer, and then changes the written promise they made later on at delivery.

You seem very worked up about this -- I'd just say there's nothing that is customer facing (including at the "how it works" site) that states otherwise.

I think one of the mistakes customers make when ordering the MME is that they assume the dealer will honor their X-Plan PIN since the MME is a model Ford has put in the program, and they don't realize that this is just another aspect of the deal that it is up to the dealer to negotiate on with the customer.

Hopefully someone ordering their car will read this exchange and will do what you probably would agree with, and GET ALL THE ASSUMPTIONS AFFECTING YOUR PRICE IN WRITING FROM THE DEALER before you place the order.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The biggest problem with car buying is the lack of informed consumers. Always has been that way.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Nope, dealer can decide not to honor X-Plan for an ordered car. What dealers shouldn't do is state in writing that they will accept X-Plan before the order is made, then change their mind afterwards. Always get any dealer statements of price or deal terms in writing and made clear to you.
Pretty sure it’s “all or nothing” on ordered vehicles. Either the dealer is an X-Plan participant or they are not. They can’t say, “well, I’ll accept X-Plan orders for Escapes, but not Explorers”. If they’re an X-Plan participating dealer and I’m eligible to participate in X-Plan, they can’t pick and choose which vehicles they’ll “allow” me to order on the X-Plan. (And if a dealer ever pulled that, I’d thank them for their time and find another dealer).

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The GOOD news is that the Fiesta S remains available to Ford employees and retirees on the A/Z plan! ???

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Pretty sure it’s “all or nothing” on ordered vehicles. Either the dealer is an X-Plan participant or they are not. They can’t say, “well, I’ll accept X-Plan orders for Escapes, but not Explorers”. If they’re an X-Plan participating dealer and I’m eligible to participate in X-Plan, they can’t pick and choose which vehicles they’ll “allow” me to order on the X-Plan. (And if a dealer ever pulled that, I’d thank them for their time and find another dealer).
Apparently they can do this exact thing for each person and deal ... and do :)

The closest Ford comes to clarifying what goes on is perhaps this in the consumer-facing FAQ:

11. Can I receive the special Partner Recognition Plan price at any dealer?
The Plan program is available through all participating U.SA. dealerships. Dealer participation is voluntary. You should inform the dealer of Plan eligibility during your first contact with your dealer. If for some reason your dealer elects not to participate, you may visit another dealer. Eligible vehicles that are in limited supply, like most SVT models, may be difficult to obtain through the Plan.

They are telling you as a consumer to clarify with your dealer right away that you want X-Plan with the vehicle, and in other portions of the FAQ they say to get the pricing written down from the dealer and don't sign anything without the proper X-Plan price from the dealer on it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Like @scoopman said, they do this all the time.

Tons of examples on the forum of pretty much everything you said they “can’t do.”

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Like @scoopman said, they do this all the time.

Tons of examples on the forum of pretty much everything you said they “can’t do.”
Never had the experience myself, as an A Plan, Z Plan, and X Plan purchaser. Not saying it doesn’t happen. Also, I don’t personally know anyone it’s happened to, and I know other long-time A/Z/X plan purchasers. As I said, If a dealer ever pulled something like that on me, I’d walk. Every dealer over ever dealt with has been very professional about handling the plans and there’s never been even a whiff of any shadiness. Frankly, it’s always been the opposite. They’ve gone out of their way to make sure they were being totally open and disclosing everything.

YFD_233

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Durango RT,
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I’ve purchased dozens of cars from my dealer and I trust him totally. He’s done and told me things he shouldn’t have because he is honest. Maybe it’s because he’s very religious. But he told me on my Mach 1 order they don’t except xplan on that. I’ll ask him about my MMEGT order after he comes back from Covid

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
I have always been under the impression that if a dealer participates in X plan, they can’t pick and choose - it’s all or nothing. But I’ve been wrong before.
The dealer can choose not to honor x-plan or even a-plan on specialty or limited production vehicles. I believe Mach E would fall under that category.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Never had the experience myself, as an A Plan, Z Plan, and X Plan purchaser. Not saying it doesn’t happen. Also, I don’t personally know anyone it’s happened to, and I know other long-time A/Z/X plan purchasers. As I said, If a dealer ever pulled something like that on me, I’d walk. Every dealer over ever dealt with has been very professional about handling the plans and there’s never been even a whiff of any shadiness. Frankly, it’s always been the opposite. They’ve gone out of their way to make sure they were being totally open and disclosing everything.
It happens on every cancelled order at pretty much every dealership.

Ordered- x plan. Cancelled? The next buyer pays ADM or MSRP.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
The dealer can choose not to honor x-plan or even a-plan on specialty or limited production vehicles. I believe Mach E would fall under that category.
They can definitely choose not to with their stock.

azuano3654

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco, MME
Country flag
I was told Xplan pricing by my dealership would be honored when I submitted my reservation last July. When I purchased the Premium AWD SR last week they did accept Xplan which brought my price down around $800, not sure on the doc fees - I need to verify that. XPlan was never offered for my Bronco purchase - I had joined the Mustang club online to get the Xplan PIN so thrilled that paid off with the MME - awesome benefit for the $25 cost!
Sponsored