Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Even tinting the panoramic roof on the Mach-E proved itself over the weekend. I was able to feel minimal heat on my head, neck and shoulders. After installing SunTek Evolve, I no longer experience that feeling.
you must be cold-blooded reptile or something because I never feel it, forget its there and I sit out in the Florida direct sun
Sponsored

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
you must be cold-blooded reptile or something because I never feel it, forget its there and I sit out in the Florida direct sun
What I was feeling was the absorbed heat by the tint, radiating down to my body. Not just me, others felt it, including the tint installer.

Since then, I haven't tinted any pano roof - I just opt for the sunshade, so I can remove in colder months to harness free sunlight heat :D

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What I was feeling was the absorbed heat by the tint, radiating down to my body. Not just me, others felt it, including the tint installer.

Since then, I haven't tinted any pano roof - I just opt for the sunshade, so I can remove in colder months to harness free sunlight heat :D
The different reactions to the sunroof are really interesting. I live in an ultra-high UV-IR area (Hawaii) and never have trouble with the untinted roof even during the peak hot season. Like @Logal727 I'm always a bit befuddled by the different reactions, but that's why there are different products, everyone ends up happier. :)

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
The different reactions to the sunroof are really interesting. I live in an ultra-high UV-IR area (Hawaii) and never have trouble with the untinted roof even during the peak hot season. Like @Logal727 I'm always a bit befuddled by the different reactions, but that's why there are different products, everyone ends up happier. :)
I literally forget its there, maybe one day I'll get to ride in the back seat and enjoy it haha

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

Applying tint may have increased the inner surface emissivity to the point it becomes a radiator instead of a reflector. It would be like applying black tape to it. So I defiantly can see how you'd be able to feel extra radiant heat with the wrong tint.

I'm still rocking my Reflectix, but that's coming down soon as it warms up. I'm the opposite of you guys because I'm mostly interested in keeping the heat in, not out. I'm assuming a ceramic tint works in both directions against heat flow? Possibly thinking about having the front windows done.

Does LLumar IRX get the thumbs up from you?

Last edited:

zephiyr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
I’ve been running FormulaOne Pinnacle (Llumar) for almost two years. Held up flawlessly. 30% front/5% rear. Getting a reputable installer helps tremendously in long-term durability.

OP
OP
connoisseurr

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Applying tint may have increased the inner surface emissivity to the point it becomes a radiator instead of a reflector. It would be like applying black tape to it. So I defiantly can see how you'd be able to feel extra radiant heat with the wrong tint.

I'm still rocking my Reflectix, but that's coming down soon as it warms up. I'm the opposite of you guys because I'm mostly interested in keeping the heat in, not out. I'm assuming a ceramic tint works in both directions against heat flow? Possibly thinking about having the front windows done.

Does LLumar IRX get the thumbs up from you?
Your first paragraph is correct. High-performance ceramic tint both reflects and absorbs. Every company has formulated their product to do something a little different - some may reflect or absorb more than others. I said hell with it and will just use a sunshade for summer months in VA (mostly Jun-Aug).

Big fan of Llumar IRX and FormulaOne Pinnacle - they're practically the same films with identical specs when testing side-by-side, but Llumar won't tell anyone that.

I've spent the last week testing 3M Ceramic IR and will be installing on a new Model Y Performance. I haven't used anything 3M in a few years since my lackluster experience with Crystalline and it's ewwy brown color. 3M Ceramic IR is a true charcoal/black film, and has a bit higher IR rejection rating compared to Llumar IRX and FormulaOne Pinnacle, on paper and on auto glass.

Can't go wrong with any of those films, TBH.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably going with Xpel brand ceramic tint. Anyone have good or bad reviews on Xpel tinting?
I had Xpel ceramic put on front doors to match rear. Absolutely no issues and no blue hues.

On windshield I had Llumar Air80 installed to provide more uv protection. Again, zero issues.
Sponsored