“Private offer” anyone?

Doomtrain1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (potentially anyway)
Country flag
That isn’t what he’s telling me. He is saying it’s based on my original order of a select. The fact that I upgraded to a premium AWD/ext is not what he says my PO is based on. They know the numbers and so do we (a secret that is not so secret ironically). But since it is “up to the dealer” how they allocate or apply or don’t apply it, according to Ford, I don’t have the power here. Ford should be in charge of this imo. Unfortunately every time you turn around, it’s about how they handle these issues, whether is the PO or the HVBJB recall, it’s how it is being handled at the top. I’m sad. What is the price, here let me give you my money. Keep the BS antics. You should NOT have to wait until the day of purchase to know the cost of your car! Is this thing on?
Definitely 100% agreed. I remember reaching out to Ford a few months back, and the rep went so far to say changing the trim from 22 to 23 disqualifies me from the private offer. Then Mach-Lee provided some hope with his post where the offer was based on the final build config.
I finally received an expected build date so I again reached out to Ford last week because, like you, I wanted to make sure I had ALL the details confirmed. A lot of my questions were still met with "will depend on the dealership" or "the dealership should be able to tell you." Wait, aren't you the manufacturer? Shouldn't you know better than your distributor? Don't you make the rules? Oh wait, you don't.
At this point I'm still not fully convinced in Ford's process where I can confidently sell my current vehicle while the used car prices are still somewhat high and bank that I will get the car I ordered 8 months ago for the amount I'm expecting to pay.
I'm sorry for the rant, but at the end of the day, the takeaway is the customer really shouldn't be left in the dark at every corner. With that said though, has anyone taken delivery of an MME with their private offer? Particularly one who switched from a '22 Select to a '23 Premium or higher trim? Guessing not since the deadline to confirm orders are Nov 30.
Again, sorry for the rant. Just frustrated at the lack of answers from Ford.
Sponsored

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Definitely 100% agreed. I remember reaching out to Ford a few months back, and the rep went so far to say changing the trim from 22 to 23 disqualifies me from the private offer. Then Mach-Lee provided some hope with his post where the offer was based on the final build config.
I finally received an expected build date so I again reached out to Ford last week because, like you, I wanted to make sure I had ALL the details confirmed. A lot of my questions were still met with "will depend on the dealership" or "the dealership should be able to tell you." Wait, aren't you the manufacturer? Shouldn't you know better than your distributor? Don't you make the rules? Oh wait, you don't.
At this point I'm still not fully convinced in Ford's process where I can confidently sell my current vehicle while the used car prices are still somewhat high and bank that I will get the car I ordered 8 months ago for the amount I'm expecting to pay.
I'm sorry for the rant, but at the end of the day, the takeaway is the customer really shouldn't be left in the dark at every corner. With that said though, has anyone taken delivery of an MME with their private offer? Particularly one who switched from a '22 Select to a '23 Premium or higher trim? Guessing not since the deadline to confirm orders are Nov 30.
Again, sorry for the rant. Just frustrated at the lack of answers from Ford.
100% AGREE with your statement; and no one has taken a 2023 because they just started production as far as I know. This situation with the PO made all the difference in my decision to convert the order and to which trim to go to. I feel like it’s a gamble. And that’s not comfortable. I wish you the best outcome here and hope that you get the car you want and that the dealer comes through in an honest ethical manner. That’s how Ford will retain and, in my case, obtain customers. Let just see what Ford does about that.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
That isn’t what he’s telling me. He is saying it’s based on my original order of a select. The fact that I upgraded to a premium AWD/ext is not what he says my PO is based on. They know the numbers and so do we (a secret that is not so secret ironically). But since it is “up to the dealer” how they allocate or apply or don’t apply it, according to Ford, I don’t have the power here. Ford should be in charge of this imo. Unfortunately every time you turn around, it’s about how they handle these issues, whether is the PO or the HVBJB recall, it’s how it is being handled at the top. I’m sad. What is the price, here let me give you my money. Keep the BS antics. You should NOT have to wait until the day of purchase to know the cost of your car! Is this thing on?
If you swap from select to prem it should still keep the order # and you should still have your place on line and priority saved and get your offer, deals, and promos. Which dealers did you go with btw

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
100% AGREE with your statement; and no one has taken a 2023 because they just started production as far as I know. This situation with the PO made all the difference in my decision to convert the order and to which trim to go to. I feel like it’s a gamble. And that’s not comfortable. I wish you the best outcome here and hope that you get the car you want and that the dealer comes through in an honest ethical manner. That’s how Ford will retain and, in my case, obtain customers. Let just see what Ford does about that.
Well what options do you have? either you convert or it sits there P99 until you cancel and ask for a refund. They are not going to build more MY22 cars.
So why not convert and see what happens and at that point you can walk/accept it at that time.
By doing nothing it becomes a no win situ, your going to be placed further and further at the back of the line. If you convert now your car wont be getting sch until Feb March now, and if you don't convert it will just hang in limbo until you cancel or if the dealer takes over your order and refunds you, you are just giving them an extra allocation.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
If you swap from select to prem it should still keep the order # and you should still have your place on line and priority saved and get your offer, deals, and promos. Which dealers did you go with btw
100% agree - if the dealer did their job and kept the original order number from MY'22 into a converted MY'23, regardless of the trim you end up selecting, your order will receive the TPCO and priority build 01.

No big secret unless the dealer cancelled the original order and got a new order which I have seen some customers get shorted.

Or worse yet, the dealer either fails to apply the rebate out of ignorance or knows about it and keeps it for themselves.

My order is not in production yet.
I am not stressing at all - as my 2022 Lightning EV was handled transparent & very well by my Ford dealer.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
100% agree - if the dealer did their job and kept the original order number from MY'22 into a converted MY'23, regardless of the trim you end up selecting, your order will receive the TPCO and priority build 01.

No big secret unless the dealer cancelled the original order and got a new order which I have seen some customers get shorted.

Or worse yet, the dealer either fails to apply the rebate out of ignorance or knows about it and keeps it for themselves.

My order is not in production yet.
I am not stressing at all - as my 2022 Lightning EV was handled transparent & very well by my Ford dealer.
A. You must have a dealership that hopefully knows what to do.
B. Your third paragraph is what I’m worried about.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well what options do you have? either you convert or it sits there P99 until you cancel and ask for a refund. They are not going to build more MY22 cars.
So why not convert and see what happens and at that point you can walk/accept it at that time.
By doing nothing it becomes a no win situ, your going to be placed further and further at the back of the line. If you convert now your car wont be getting sch until Feb March now, and if you don't convert it will just hang in limbo until you cancel or if the dealer takes over your order and refunds you, you are just giving them an extra allocation.
I did convert the order. Scheduled for 12/5 build and January delivery. I don’t want to turn down another car in the meantime and at the end of this when the mme is delivered not get what I am expecting price wise. AKA No car and then start over from scratch.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
A. You must have a dealership that hopefully knows what to do.
B. Your third paragraph is what I’m worried about.
Isn't it better to have this forum's info with you when you go pick up your MME?

Are you communicating with a sales person, sales manager, BDC or F&I ?

Usually the sales persons knows least about financial questions - most of the time, your F&I or BDC is the best person to communicate with.

Case in point: F150 Lightning dealer has a new car acquisition manager who I communicated from day 1 (+430 days later) and was transparent with pricing, no ADM, no add on junk accessories, etc. Could not help with Ford rates & Ford Options questions etc but the F&I manager knew that part. I ended up using my CU financing I had pre-approved for more than I needed just in case.

My current MME dealer's BDC person is very knowledgeable and has been transparent as well. She has sent screenshots of my order and confirmed I would get the Premium ordered $6K Transitional PCO after they were invoiced during the build.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Isn't it better to have this forum's info with you when you go pick up your MME?

Are you communicating with a sales person, sales manager, BDC or F&I ?

Usually the sales persons knows least about financial questions - most of the time, your F&I or BDC is the best person to communicate with.

Case in point: F150 Lightning dealer has a new car acquisition manager who I communicated from day 1 (+430 days later) and was transparent with pricing, no ADM, no add on junk accessories, etc. Could not help with Ford rates & Ford Options questions etc but the F&I manager knew that part. I ended up using my CU financing I had pre-approved for more than I needed just in case.

My current MME dealer's BDC person is very knowledgeable and has been transparent as well. She has sent screenshots of my order and confirmed I would get the Premium ordered $6K Transitional PCO after they were invoiced during the build.
Salesman is who I am working with. I repeated my request to clarify certainty about the private offer amount, he repeated his confidence in the original trim order determining the PO amount ($3k for a select). If I go with what I have seen here, it should be $8500, quite a difference if I am correct for a premium/AWD/ext. I would have to go above his head it sounds. You obviously have a better dealer who is upfront and transparent about this issue. I am glad you have it worked out! My warning is to others just in case their dealers don’t have this correct so no surprises on pick up day. I simply cannot wait, as I have said I will in the meantime have turned down another car coming in December. Anyone else using Villa Ford in Orange with a converted order? @Ford Motor Company do you have any advice here?

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Salesman is who I am working with. I repeated my request to clarify certainty about the private offer amount, he repeated his confidence in the original trim order determining the PO amount ($3k for a select). If I go with what I have seen here, it should be $8500, quite a difference if I am correct for a premium/AWD/ext. I would have to go above his head it sounds. You obviously have a better dealer who is upfront and transparent about this issue. I am glad you have it worked out! My warning is to others just in case their dealers don’t have this correct so no surprises on pick up day. I simply cannot wait, as I have said I will in the meantime have turned down another car coming in December. Anyone else using Villa Ford in Orange with a converted order? @Ford Motor Company do you have any advice here?
It's whatever trim you ordered, stated in the bulletin multiple times already. The offer will populate in smartvincent when you're ready to begin financing. No need to pre-stress because a salesman is uninformed. You can only deal with it at the time of order and you will have the advantage as it will populate the correct number which in this case is 8500.

Doomtrain1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E (potentially anyway)
Country flag
Not sure if this has been posted yet, here are the private offer amounts (USA only):

------------

Any unscheduled 22MY Mustang Mach-E retail customer order that is converted to a 23MY via MYCO for an available configuration will be eligible for a 23MY Mustang Mach-E Transition Private Offer.

The private offer amount is dependent on the 23MY Mustang Mach-E configuration selected. See below for the incentive available for each configuration.

#38582 – 2023 Model Year Mustang Mach-E Transition Private Offer
• 22MY Retail Orders that transition to 23MY Retail Orders via MYCO

Select (100A)$3,000
Premium Standard Range Battery (300A)$6,000
Premium Extended Range Battery (300A)$8,500
California Route 1 (200A)$8,500
GT (400A)$8,500

Updated orders must be placed by 11/30/22. 23MY Mach-E ineligible for X-plan, additional instructions will be provided to accommodate eligible customers who planned to use an X-Plan PIN on their original 22MY order.

------------

Source: EFC10911

My note: The sentence in red would seem to indicate you can upgrade your order and get the higher amount for a private offer. This would be relevant to Select customers that lost the comfort package, upgrading to a Premium for heated seats may be within reach now.

Remind your dealer to remove the 99 priority code after confirming your 23MY order details, or your car will never be made. Suggest priority code 10. Changing the priority code from 99 will re-enable your order. Remind your dealer to use your existing order, do not place a new order or you may lose your place in line.
Going back to what Mach-Lee posted, anyone know if Ford gave additional guidance yet on the planned X-Plan customers? Sorry if this was discussed. I've read through the entire thread and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any mention of it yet.

OP
OP

J40MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Premium SR AWD (Scheduled: 12/19/22)
Country flag
It’s in the guidance. Dealers can view x-plan pricing by submitting the order as a/z plan. That doesn’t mean you get a/z pricing, it just reveals what the x-plan price is for those who were going to use it on their ‘22 order.
Going back to what Mach-Lee posted, anyone know if Ford gave additional guidance yet on the planned X-Plan customers? Sorry if this was discussed. I've read through the entire thread and I'm pretty sure I didn't see any mention of it yet.

Mach-eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Country flag
The next information we need to be focusing on is if our original order incentives are still the same for converted orders.

kisonay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium AWD ER Mustang Mach-E Scheduled 10/3
Country flag
The next information we need to be focusing on is if our original order incentives are still the same for converted orders.
I thought I read somewhere that they are not. The 2021->2022 conversion didn’t if I recall correctly.

mache2022_2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache 2022 SR RWD ordered
Country flag
There is an incentive for sure but the numbers are still not final, there are speculations but the actual thing we will come to know once the Invoicing is done. So seems like mid-December we will know the actual verified numbers.
Sponsored