Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
The ER comes with the 80A EVSE. Now key question, how many have capacity to add a 100A circuit?
200amp service, yea we're starting to push that here huh? How thick would the cable have to be to run this lol. I have some 50 amp-gauge approved cables ran to the garage now... hmm.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
In CA EVs get an extra $100 registration fee. If EV adoption picks up nationwide, this will become quite commonplace, and that’s fine. Can’t tack it on to public charging since most folks charge at home.
Any idea how much this will weigh? I saw that the electric Hummer will likely be north of 9,000 lbs. In Colorado there are tax breaks for EVs that are based on weight for trucks. I'm just wondering how the elected officials are going to tax these very heavy vehicles as there will be zero tax dollars coming from the gas tax and these heavy vehicles will wear the roads out faster.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
200amp service, yea we're starting to push that here huh? How thick would the cable have to be to run this lol. I have some 50 amp-gauge approved cables ran to the garage now... hmm.
#4 copper. It looks to be about half the efficiency of the Mach E… that’s a lot of charging!

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
40-52k ain’t bad but 230-300 range isn’t enough when you need to tow
Yeah that can be painful as I think from what I have read on Rivian. Towing can pretty much cut ones range in 1/2 so that 300 would quickly drop to 150 miles.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Not that I wasn't as excited by the Mega Power Frunk or by the abilty to tow my helicopter.

But anyone else wish they let the camera linger more on the Mach-E GT Performance in Cyber Orange so I could drool a little more over it?
That color looks really good in person.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Most tech specs are pretty much identical to the 2021 Superrew Cab with 5.5' bed.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ⚡️ 2022 F-150 LIGHTNING EV Specs, Pricing, Media! 1621521664391

Ford Mustang Mach-E ⚡️ 2022 F-150 LIGHTNING EV Specs, Pricing, Media! 1621521664391

Ha, well, I just measured my garage and the F-150 I just reserved will not fit. ? It is about 3 inches too long. I already convinced my wife to allow us to buy a vacation house so that we would have somewhere to charge our Mach-E on our annual trip to Door County, WI. The garage needs rebuilding anyway, but I am thinking I might be pushing my luck to ask about rebuilding our garage to fit this giant truck in it... Guess I'm probably going to be cancelling my reservation and just crossing my fingers that we might see an electric Explorer or Bronco in the not too distant future...

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
#4 copper. It looks to be about half the efficiency of the Mach E… that’s a lot of charging!
Actually, it looks like the battery pack is double what ours is, and there are apparently 2 onboard chargers that are fed by that 80 amp station. I’m almost wondering if that range listed is empty or carrying/pulling a load…

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Ha, well, I just measured my garage and the F-150 I just reserved will not fit. ? It is about 3 inches too long. I already convinced my wife to allow us to buy a vacation house so that we would have somewhere to charge our Mach-E on our annual trip to Door County, WI. The garage needs rebuilding anyway, but I am thinking I might be pushing my luck to ask about rebuilding our garage to fit this giant truck in it... Guess I'm probably going to be cancelling my reservation and just crossing my fingers that we might see an electric Explorer or Bronco in the not too distant future...
I feel your pain. The MME is about the max length that will fit in my garage. I'll just note that you don't have to park it in your garage. That's the solution people with pickups have in my neighborhood!

Installing a charging outlet on the outside of the garage is actually easier since it avoids the requirement of having GFCI breakers (if that matters to you). Or you can just run the cord under the garage door. I did that for several months during a remodel.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I feel your pain. The MME is about the max length that will fit in my garage. I'll just note that you don't have to park it in your garage. That's the solution people with pickups have in my neighborhood!

Installing a charging outlet on the outside of the garage is actually easier since it avoids the requirement of having GFCI breakers (if that matters to you). Or you can just run the cord under the garage door. I did that for several months during a remodel.
Yup, if I had a situation where I could park a truck outside my garage, I would definitely consider it. Sadly, as a city dweller, my garage is on an alley, so I don't have the ability to block the alley with my big ol' pickup. My next door neighbor's big gas guzzling truck just remains behind a gate in his back yard, which is an option that would work, but I would much rather have a garage available to me.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ⚡️ 2022 F-150 LIGHTNING EV Specs, Pricing, Media! 1621529640984

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Actually, it looks like the battery pack is double what ours is, and there are apparently 2 onboard chargers that are fed by that 80 amp station. I’m almost wondering if that range listed is empty or carrying/pulling a load…
I'm confident that's an unloaded range.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Lordstown Motors Stock Plunges Because Ford Is Serious About EVs. Other Start-Ups, Beware. -- Barrons.com

BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 12:55 PM ET 05/20/2021

Al Root
Shares of several electric-vehicle start-ups are having a rough day, even as Tesla stock recovers some recent losses in Thursday trading. Blame Ford Motor (

The traditional auto maker unveiled its all-electric F-150 Wednesday evening. The truck is impressive, and it is causing investors to reconsider the future of some EV start-ups vying to compete in the pickup and commercial vehicle space.
Lordstown Motors
stock is having the toughest time. The stock is down almost 9% in midday trading. It didn't help that brokerage firm Wolfe Research downgraded the stock to Sell from Hold, and cut its target price to $1 a share from $27, according to Bloomberg.

It's a dramatic decrease in target price, and it is essentially all due to Ford (F). Lordstown is aiming to launch its Endurance light-duty pickup truck in late 2021. It starts at about $52,000. Ford said Wednesday that the 2022 all- electric F-150 will start at about $40,000, and arrive in mid-2022. What's more, the electric Ford truck has all the power, features, and styling that have made its combustion model a top-selling vehicle for decades.
Ford stock rose about 3% in midday trading Thursday, in the wake of the F-150 EV news. The truck is a big reason for the rise, but Ford wasn't done disrupting start-ups. Thursday morning, the company announced plans to build its own batteries in a new joint venture. The plant's planned battery production can support millions of EV sales, demonstrating that Ford's commitment to EVs is growing.
Shares of Canoo (GOEV) and Fisker (FSR), as a result, are down about 2% and 3.5%, respectively. Canoo has electric trucks and commercial vehicles planned. Fisker's first vehicle is an SUV. Those are all vehicle classes Ford is strong in. With more batteries planned, more Ford EVs will be rolling off assembly lines. That will make life harder for the start-ups, and sooner than EV investors might have expected.
The declines come on a day that has been pretty good for other EV stocks. Tesla (TSLA) shares are up about 3%. NIO (NIO) stock has gained 2.3%. Those stocks are rising with the rest of the market. The S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average are up about 1.2% and 0.9%, respectively.
Ford stock is having a great year, up more than 40%. The same can't be said for most EV stocks. Shares of Tesla, Lordstown, Canoo, NIO, and Fisker are down about 30% year to date on average, as inflation fears have sapped some of the momentum from high-growth stocks. But new competition from companies such as Ford has played a role in the declines, too.
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: ARK