Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I don't think you are an expert on the frunk button to the point you should be giving out advice? Have you even tried the frunk button to date? ;)
No, but I am an expert at rebooting sync to try to clear abnormal behavior 😀
Sponsored

kwalkerj51

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Mache Ex Infinite Blue
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Still no frunk release 🙄
I took my ME June 2021 build into dealer said the virtual frunck button dissapeared. They downloaded new software to create button next to trunk button and also your door code + 78 will open fronk. Finally!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I took my ME June 2021 build into dealer said the virtual frunck button dissapeared. They downloaded new software to create button next to trunk button and also your door code + 78 will open fronk. Finally!
Lol even though you never HAD a “virtual frunk button”?

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Had to run the defrost for a moment to get it to charge.

IMG_4062.PNG

It's not on the IPC but the charge rate is available now. That should make a few people happy.
Where do you see that screen? I don't see a screen like that in my FordPass app.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
ah
You have to be charging and click the button on blue bar at the bottom of the screen.
thanks...I just keep looking at it after the fact and was wondering.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
This is normal for most charging station. We are waiting for Ford to include this data in the car itself for chargers that don't show rate.
I guess this is progress, but what's kind of stupid is that this data (charging rate) is:
1) Clearly available from the vehicle's computer
2) Able to be sent to Ford servers to send to our phone, but
3) Is still not able to be sent to the car's screen that is SENDING the data over a cellular connection?

I am just continually baffled by Ford's insane need to hide useful information from us.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
About six months ago I found an API access point endpoint with charging info, but never went farther with it for the Android widget. Subsequently Ford locked down parts of the API, but I checked today and this one still works. I'm going to check whether it's where the charging rate info is stored. I doubt the FordPass app is calculating this since it can't be continuously pinging the car.
Follow-up: I was able to find another API endpoint which I hadn't documented very well. Confirmed today that it contains the current charge rate (in watts) and total energy delivered (in watt-hours). I plan to somehow add this info to the Android widget in the future.

sundan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mach E
Country flag
Pretty well Frod was able to depress me when I read that my car has been updated to 4.2.1.2 I went to see how the screen has changed but nothing new has happened. In the USA power up updates there are new keys etc etc but in Europe ZERO then absolutely NO changes. THANK YOU AGAIN Ford!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 📲 FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 4.2.1.2

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Pretty well Frod was able to depress me when I read that my car has been updated to 4.2.1.2 I went to see how the screen has changed but nothing new has happened. In the USA power up updates there are new keys etc etc but in Europe ZERO then absolutely NO changes. THANK YOU AGAIN Ford!

Ford Mustang Mach-E 📲 FordPass App 4.25.0 released w/ Charge Rate Indicator! 4.2.1.2
I have no comment except that spelling bees in Finland must be entertaining. :)