Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE 2023.5
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
I believe your understanding is incorrect on 2 fronts.

First, the car will not display anything if you load it over payload. The only vehicle(s) I know that will do this are current Lightning / F-150s with the scale option.

Second, no vehicle will refuse to drive if the driver overloads it.
I guess I'm mis-remembering then. (but then I've been on flights where they announced if you didn't turn off your cellphones your cellular minutes for the month would be cancelled (before the days of "unlimited"), so I'm not entirely sure I made this up out of thin air, even if its incorrect. at this point I don't remember where I got this).

I would say, on the other side, a good lawyer could argue 5 roomy seats, including good headroom, and a large trunk, and a higher than typical HP for this type of car, implies a certain level of capability to do a job, while the weight "limit" is a small number in the door jam, lost in a bunch of other information (at least on my car). and also that the specified limit is unrealistic given said implications (not that i would ever want this to become a legal issue of some sort).

In reality land, 95% of the time, its just going to be me and little or no cargo (if I can talk myself out of hauling a generator security blanket around in case I ever run out of charge in the middle of nowhere).

Also, I hope I'm allowed to floor it uphill occasionally. (lots of twisty mountain roads around. lots of fun in my current car when in sport mode.

=====

While most of us are "obese" from a medical point of view (it doesn't take much), we're varying levels of social obeseness.

I have no idea if what I just said is, er, inappropriate by some definition or not, maybe I just coined a new term?
Sponsored