Will the real 0-60 please stand up?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Is it just me, or does anybody else feel like the initial launch in the MME feels a bit muted? Kyle Connor said in his review that he thought the car was holding back a bit off the line.
Sponsored

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
We have many smart people on this forum, and they all have phones.

Would it be possible to simply post videos of your dash gauges when you guys are doing a 0 to 60 run?

They did that on the F-150 forum, and readers could just use their own phone stopwatches at home to measure 0 to 60 off the video.

Maybe we could get a little competition going, LOL? This is how it is done.

Go to 1:14

Go to :44

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Thanks. 5.2 is fast enough for me: a second quicker than the Bolt. And honestly, the Mach-E is so much nicer inside that I'd take 5.2 with all the niceness and tech of the Mach-E. The Bolt is a bit squirrely at 75 MPH on the highway: the short wheelbase makes it follow detents in the road so the Mach-E would be much better there. The Model 3 is on my radar but there are some things I don't want to lose like Android Auto, satellite radio, and the 360 parking cam. I just like Ford's tech better in that regard. Due to not needing the bigger vehicle, I might have to wait for the next/smaller Ford EV. Sad for me because the Mach-E is everything I want except for being too big for my needs/wants.

Mike
Ha-ha - I am totally opposite - I think Bolt is unacceptably small and I would love MME be a little bit bigger. I would say MME feels a little bit crowded inside - with similar dimensions Model Y feels bigger inside - one of the few things I have to agree with my DW on :)

OP
OP

MikeyC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt (currently). Mach-E (soon)
Country flag
Is it just me, or does anybody else feel like the initial launch in the MME feels a bit muted? Kyle Connor said in his review that he thought the car was holding back a bit off the line.
I think that's a common thing. The Bolt, for example, doesn't reach its full 155kW until it hits around 40 MPH. It's a ramp-up before then: in a 0-60 run you're at less than full power for the first 3 seconds or so. Not sure if it has to do with minimizing wheelspin, reducing drivetrain shock, or some combination. But I've heard the same question WRT other EV's as well.

Hmm... so the bolt is that fast? Maybe I should have saved 10k !
The Bolt is relatively quick but let's be honest: I own a Bolt and have no problem admitting that it is maybe half the car compared to a Mach-E. And I'm not just talking size. :)

Mike

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Thanks. 5.2 is fast enough for me: a second quicker than the Bolt. And honestly, the Mach-E is so much nicer inside that I'd take 5.2 with all the niceness and tech of the Mach-E. The Bolt is a bit squirrely at 75 MPH on the highway: the short wheelbase makes it follow detents in the road so the Mach-E would be much better there. The Model 3 is on my radar but there are some things I don't want to lose like Android Auto, satellite radio, and the 360 parking cam. I just like Ford's tech better in that regard. Due to not needing the bigger vehicle, I might have to wait for the next/smaller Ford EV. Sad for me because the Mach-E is everything I want except for being too big for my needs/wants.

Mike
Seriously, I've considered Teslas but then remember they don't allow Android Auto/Apple Carplay. I recently used a BMW without Carplay and it felt like I went back in time 15 years.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Just curious...where are all you people testing your 0-60 times? Off the top of my head, I'm not sure where I would find a straightaway where I could safely go from a dead stop to 60 mph as fast as I could.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I think that's a common thing. The Bolt, for example, doesn't reach its full 155kW until it hits around 40 MPH. It's a ramp-up before then: in a 0-60 run you're at less than full power for the first 3 seconds or so. Not sure if it has to do with minimizing wheelspin, reducing drivetrain shock, or some combination. But I've heard the same question WRT other EV's as well.

The Bolt is relatively quick but let's be honest: I own a Bolt and have no problem admitting that it is maybe half the car compared to a Mach-E. And I'm not just talking size. :)

Mike
Don't forget -- the Mach-E will definitely be getting OTA updates... some of which could possibly include a small acceleration boost. Possibly.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
Just curious...where are all you people testing your 0-60 times? Off the top of my head, I'm not sure where I would find a straightaway where I could safely go from a dead stop to 60 mph as fast as I could.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I've done it in the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, huge parking lot (80,000 people).

In Southern Cal you might consider Angel Stadium or similar.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Will the real 0-60 please stand up? 1615767699137

OP
OP

MikeyC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt (currently). Mach-E (soon)
Country flag
For me, there's a 60 MPH state road right off my development. At certain times of the day, it's empty with no cars in either direction. I just verify no traffic (you can see about a mile in both directions), take a left onto the straight, stop momentarily, then go. There's also an access road at the back of my development with no turns or driveways that is long enough for 0-60 and I've never seen a car on it. It's tempting but there are houses adjacent to it: driveways lead to another road.

Mike
Sponsored