0-60 changes according to battery charge level?

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
You have confirmed this on a few that have had HVJB service carried out lately?
Yes, but, I don’t have Dragy numbers yet. However, we did an impromptu 0-70mph blast from a light on one of our rural type highways with our 4X and my SS sedan. The results were identical to other runs. SOC was about 75-80 iirc. But, I’ll get concrete Dragy runs soon, I’ve just been too busy lately.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
No need.

If they reduced your horsepower secretly, there would be a class action lawsuit that’s easily winnable.

Big corporations care about 1 thing the most: reducing liability.

Of course this would require someone to Dyno their car as proof.

Seriously though, it’s been 18+ months now and 10s of thousands sold. Does no one live near a Dyno??
I think Ford is already opened up to a class action with their failure to adequately notify buyers/owners of the 5- second limitation, and, the extent of the power drop after said 5 seconds. That second part is critical because it results in a car that is slower above certain speeds than lesser models. Very deceptive. Any good lawyer would also have a field day with Ford’s track day marketing for the GT.

OP
OP

Sero30

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium AWD Mach E
Occupation
Signmaker/Wrapper
Country flag
So my range is now 251 at 100%. When I bought the car, I got between 300-312. After winter, It maxed at 286. Then I got the HVB error and the hardware fix. Now I am at 251, slower acceleration and top speed is now 4mph miles slower. My consistant usage is 3.1 KWPH at 60 mph, no a/c or heat on. It goes in Monday for further diagnosis.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Also had my 2021 Job 1 HVBJB replaced. I do feel like the car is less peppy and range sucks, as you're describing. Keep us updated!

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
So my range is now 251 at 100%. When I bought the car, I got between 300-312. After winter, It maxed at 286. Then I got the HVB error and the hardware fix. Now I am at 251, slower acceleration and top speed is now 4mph miles slower. My consistant usage is 3.1 KWPH at 60 mph, no a/c or heat on. It goes in Monday for further diagnosis.
Also, out of curiosity, what was your HVBJB part #?

OP
OP

Sero30

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium AWD Mach E
Occupation
Signmaker/Wrapper
Country flag
This is the engineers response. Waiting for the dealer to schedule the battery check.

Image.jpeg

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just an fyi from a Dragy user here - I have dozens of runs on our 4X from 30% to 95% SOC and I’ve never seen a 0-60 as slow as 6.1, let alone 7+. Most are in the 4.9-5.0 range but none slower than 5.5s.
I have an ODM II and I jave a select rear wheel drive and I recorded 4.7

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I have an ODM II and I jave a select rear wheel drive and I recorded 4.7
Do you mean ODB 2? If so, sorry, that’s not accurate. ODB readers are notorious for erroneous acceleration readings. Dragy and VBox are much more accurate due to their superior gps connections. As an example, I once got a 0-60mph result of 3.3 seconds and a 0-100mph result of 7.2 seconds in my SS sedan while using OBD MX along with Dash Command app. Haha, my car’s true bests are 4.08 to 60 and 9.4 to 100mph. I’d be shocked if any Select rwd can hit 0-60 in less than Ford’s rated 5.8 secs, def not 4.7s.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
So I realize this thread is old, but I can't find the data here or online. Does anyone have numbers on SOC and acceleration impacts? Or percent reduction. My 3rd EV and all were like this so normal, but still would be nice to know.

So my AWD SR Select:

All numbers made up
90-100% full power
60-80% 10% less
Below 50 yadda yadda

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
So I realize this thread is old, but I can't find the data here or online. Does anyone have numbers on SOC and acceleration impacts? Or percent reduction. My 3rd EV and all were like this so normal, but still would be nice to know.

So my AWD SR Select:

All numbers made up
90-100% full power
60-80% 10% less
Below 50 yadda yadda
The answer unfortunately is no.

We have a general idea, but what we really need is a Dyno (or multiple dynos) as well as multiple acceleration tests in different SOC.

And after a few years I think only one person has done a Dyno on an AWD LR (none on your car and none on a GT).

The other issue is that SOC is just one factor. Battery temp and outside temp also affects things.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
my GT gives me whiplash.
Sponsored