01/03/22 Build Week Chat

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Still waiting too .. sigh
You and I are in almost the same boat. I'm still waiting on delivery to Northern California of my 2022 Route 1 AWD, which has been sitting in Missouri for more than 2 months now. Did yours get held up in transit too? I wonder if there was something about the Route 1 models that resulted in them getting delayed in MO.

Mme4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
premium er RWD
Occupation
shrink
Country flag
Congrats @Mme4me !

Did you order through North Bay Ford? (That's who I ordered through.)

Hope you enjoy the heck out of your new Mach-E.
Yes I ordered through them. When did you order yours? I did have to "educate" them on Price protection and showed them the letter from Ford to dealers (that I found on this forum) with a phone number for them to call to verify that mine qualified. Once that all got settled it has been a good experience. Car is so dirty im letting them have today to clean it up then picking up in a.m.

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I ordered through them. When did you order yours? I did have to "educate" them on Price protection and showed them the letter from Ford to dealers (that I found on this forum) with a phone number for them to call to verify that mine qualified. Once that all got settled it has been a good experience. Car is so dirty im letting them have today to clean it up then picking up in a.m.
I ordered mine mid-September. And specifically ordered a Route 1 because, at the time, it said the expected wait was only 4 months for that model. Lol.

Thanks for educating them. Hopefully they’ll have all that dialed when mine finally arrives.

racker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CA Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
My CA-RT1 is on Railcar # TTGX992490 BNSF; using the automated phone system, the last date on that was early May in a middle-of-nowhere SoCal city (I'm Bay Area). Maybe yours is in the same railcar even? My dealer said a couple of MMEs "just showed up without warning" (i.e. the tracker was inaccurate), so... some hope it'll actually come on the current-promised date next week

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My CA-RT1 is on Railcar # TTGX992490 BNSF; using the automated phone system, the last date on that was early May in a middle-of-nowhere SoCal city (I'm Bay Area). Maybe yours is in the same railcar even? My dealer said a couple of MMEs "just showed up without warning" (i.e. the tracker was inaccurate), so... some hope it'll actually come on the current-promised date next week
Mine is not on that train. It was legit just sitting on a ramp in Missouri for over 2 months. They finally put it on a train this weekend, so crossing my fingers it will soon hit California. What's the middle-of-nowhere city your is supposedly in? Is it Barstow? Hope you get it soon!

racker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CA Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Mine is not on that train. It was legit just sitting on a ramp in Missouri for over 2 months. They finally put it on a train this weekend, so crossing my fingers it will soon hit California. What's the middle-of-nowhere city your is supposedly in? Is it Barstow? Hope you get it soon!
Newberry Springs, which is next to Barstow. I'm imagining Radiator Springs from the movie Cars. Thanks!

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
They finally put it on a train this weekend, so crossing my fingers it will soon hit California.
Newberry Springs, which is next to Barstow. I'm imagining Radiator Springs from the movie Cars. Thanks!
Hoping you two got your cars - did you?

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hoping you two got your cars - did you?
Nope. I think it arrived at the NorCal distribution depot the day after the recall was announced. So, you know, missed it by that much.

racker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CA Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Nope, hit the dealer the day after recall. At least they didn't taunt me with photos of the car as they called to give the update. Promised that I would be one of the first to get the update though

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ok, after beautiful pictures of this amazing car that I really enjoy driving like nothing else..... some horror story how I was able to get her out of that dark enchanted forest of ford-dealer relationships.....

As you know my status changed to "complete the purchase" on Tuesday night, Feb 15. That is one of the "evil" things about ford. Why did they have to send that notice at night. Why can't they send them in the morning. ? I hope you know what I mean..... Anyway I was able to sleep a little and the next morning I drove to work.

That was a last (hopefully) trip on my old Mits. ALthough it doesn't mean anything but I think it worth mentioning. I'm driving my last trip on that old car and right before my exit I got stopped by the police. I drove 80, and they claimed that I drove 90... Also the right tailgate light was not working...... Ok for the first time in LA I've got a speeding ticket.... And it happened during my last trip on the old car...... I don't even know what to make out of it.

From my office I gave a call to the dealership. I left a message about getting a notice ..... In a couple of hours they called me back and told that I got my car delivered yesterday indeed...... But they need to prepare for pickup and it will be ready after 12:30PM... I kind of had an Idea what does it mean "prepare for pickup" but we'll talk about it later.

My work is quite interesting so I managed to survive till 12:30... Jumped into my old just ticketed Mits and off I went ,,,,,,,,,

The salesman I was communicating with all this time wasn't there, so some other guy met me...... He brought me to see how they still "preparing" my car.... She was a beauty..... I felt very bad that she had to go through all that "grooming".

Then we went to discuss all the finances issues..... He brought me a bill, and I noticed right away that the selling price is 1k higher then the current increased MSRP of that car........

After that we had a very long conversation.... I was trying to tell him how reputation and good business practices are important for the companies like his, and he was telling me how hard to give up the car for 10k less then they could sell it for......... He told me that they need something for it..... They can't just give it to me..... Then I saw in the invoice the "preparations" they did...... for extra $2200 they put an alarm system.... laser codes on all the parts, 3m film on all the edges and other vulnerable parts... He said that it is non-negotiable..... they do it on all cars..... From that I figured that markup is negotiable ..... So in the end I agreed to 500........ but in addition to my original price, not the new price........ Then there was a long discussion about why cars grow in price....... etc... That $750 rebate is the one to give me a little relief from price increase.....
The poor sales guy was running back and force..... after another portion of information I gave him.....

In the end the "smart guy" comes to me and gives me a phone number. He says that they are done for the day, but call them tomorrow and may be they will give you the code to get that price protection discount. If everything I say is true then they don't have a problem to redo the contract.

Then they brought me to the finance guy. He got into a trouble as well. He said that all Mach E cars should go only through electronic contract but when he tries to run the VIN of my car through Options program he gets an error..... No CSR calls helped him to resolve the problem........

He held me for quite a long time and in the end they told me that the only way I can pick up my car is to sign a temporary financing agreement that will be replaced with Ford options agreement tomorrow....... I have no choice.... I didn't want to keep driving that ticketed car. I agreed. I took a signed letter that they promise to replace this contract with the options contract from them.

The car was amazing ...

Next day I tried to call the number they gave me and it really had an option to talk about price protection, but CSR didn't want to talk to me, she said they talk only with dealership employees.
The finance guy called me. He said that everything is more complicated then he thought..... He can't resolve it today. The Ford representative coming to them to resolve the issue.... whatever, I'm going to keep enjoying my beauty.... And then we'll see......
On Friday nothing from him again. So finally I drove my new car to Griffith park to do my daily hike...... During the hike I got a message from the finance guy that they finally resolve the Options issue....... I asked them if they resolved the Price protection issue as well .... no answer

I decided to shorten my hike and drove directly to the dealership. They are very kindly allowed me to put my new car to charge while I'm doing business with them.

I went straight to the finance guy and he smiling and happy informing me that they were able to resolve the issue and arrange options with 2500 rebate for me.....
He told me that it was the first time in his career ..... it was a glitch with my VIN and it was rejected by the Options system. The programmers had to work overtime to manually fix it........
I told him thank you for such a devotion, but before doing any electronic signing I asked about that outstanding issue with Price protection....... I gave him a bunch of printouts from this forum with instructions on how everything should be done..... I told him that I want an answer........ They promised this. If they can't deliver it I want to have this answer from them.....
He took all those instructions and left me for about 20-30 minutes.
Then he came back and said that the issue is resolved....... They finally figured out what it is and how it is done..... He said nobody knew how it works before.......
I pointed that thanks to their efforts and time they spent to figure that out they can now make a lot of customers happy......
So in the end we signed the options agreement with 2500 rebate.... I took only 3 years because the APR was 2.5..... They gave me a signed paper that they will send me a $2000 check right after they will get that cashback from Ford....

Now the beauty is mine permanently

1645246889483.png
And finally I've got my $2000 price protection check. It is a little unfortunate that they did that price protection like that because all the fees and taxes were calculated based on a new price.
But at least with some efforts I was able to make them issue that price protection compensation check

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
14,225 miles since February… still loving it especially hands free blue cruise!!! I hope there is no one waiting for their cars still in our class…
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat BD60F053-BA71-4239-96EA-FF856F68C179

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally got mine today! What a long adventure. Looking forward to many years of trouble-free running
GZ @racker! Hope you enjoy.

14,225 miles since February… still loving it especially hands free blue cruise!!! I hope there is no one waiting for their cars still in our class…
I'm still waiting, though will hopefully be picking mine up tomorrow.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat BD60F053-BA71-4239-96EA-FF856F68C179
Wow! That's a lot of driving. I've put only 4k on it.