1/17/22 Build Week Chat

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I was finally able to take delivery last week Wednesday after sending them over the recall memo. Few notes far as my experience from dealer (Nor cal dealer):

1) They did provide the $750 for 2021 to 2022 model change. I had print out of the email.
2) They did not provide the $2000 price protection at the time of the sale but said will write a check after ford provides them refund. Their explanation is that they are not sure how much refund is for your car, I told them it was $2000 because if you compare the original MSRP versus current MSRP that it is a difference of $2000. I had a print out how to apply price protection from these forums but they didn't want to look at that.
3) They did not provide incentives for options when I placed the order last year. Instead it was $2000 with 3.90% APR.
4) They did apply X-Plan

Price protection payment is determined by the dealer so they can opt for the check method if they want, but it's certainly not consumer friendly praying/hoping they'd send you a check in a few months.

Ford should really step up and either not raise prices mid year (ok, that's unrealistic) or simply charge the dealers less if the order matches upfront. Dealers shouldn't have to fight/argue with Ford for this neither and the system needs work.

I was also thinking of subscription services for things like Blue Cruise and instead of making it a temporary feature, just tack on $500 - $1000 to the car for every car and have it available for the life of the vehicle. $500/$1000 more at $10/month (what does it cost?) is about 4/8 years more (so 7/11 years of BC if it was that price).
Sponsored