01/03/22 Build Week Chat

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
You can just apply yourself. The Feb change didn't remove the Mach-E, they lowered income limits (so you might not qualify anymore), but the MME still qualifies.

CVRP only cares about the base model (the Select).
It was the income limits that did it. Yeah, I know, that means I'm still doing OK so 1st world problems.
Sponsored

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
Your dealer lied to you. Or was unwilling to call Ford and get guidance on how to provide price protection. My dealer was able to figure it out. I was ready to lose X-plan and keep price protection if they couldnā€™t figure out how to stack them.

You have my sympathies about losing the CVRP rebate. I also missed out on the CVRP for similar reasons. I think I wouldā€™ve been excluded no matter what because I wanted carpool stickers and thereā€™s an income threshold that applies to that as well. I donā€™t know if they are the same.

One thing my dealer initially forgot to do was include the Clean Fuel Vehicle Point of Sale rebate. I noticed it after we got the car home. Once I pointed it out to them, they redid the contract and included the rebate and my financed amount went down.
More unwilling than lying. I was admittedly worn down at that point. Thus decided later to take it up with Ford. We'll see if anything happens.

Income threshold on the HOV stickers applies for renewal (after 3 full calendar years) but not for first issue.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
It was the income limits that did it. Yeah, I know, that means I'm still doing OK so 1st world problems.
Yeah, that's fine then. Bottom line is the dealer doesn't care about the CVRP, they're not involved at all. In CA, 200k for dual income folks isn't that much relative to the rest of the world when the median home is 1 mil already in some parts (San Diego).

As for the sticker, I'll probably not even bother anymore since I don't commute much to that part and I hear it's all going away in 2025? or was it 2024?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
More unwilling than lying. I was admittedly worn down at that point. Thus decided later to take it up with Ford. We'll see if anything happens.

Income threshold on the HOV stickers applies for renewal (after 3 full calendar years) but not for first issue.
There's no renewal on carpool stickers. 3 years (plus the year in which you applied/were issued the sticker) and you are done for that car.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Emphasis: it was more positive than negative. Dealer held to no dealer markup on customer order, they honored X-Plan, they found financing for me that was better than what I found on my own (48 months at 1.99% from San Diego County Credit Union vs. 2.74% at my credit union) AND they keep customer order vehicles unavailable for test driving before the original customer has an opportunity to complete the purchase.. Also, I think that the price difference would have been pushed back to Ford. If true, dealer gets same amount either way. Fullerton Ford of Orange County (formerly McCoy Mills Ford), in Fullerton, CA.
guess a good mix on it, but I wouldn't be happy if price protection wasn't honor when they would get a kick back from it. That just means they came up 2k.

jfwyant1966

First Name
James Wyant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium eAWD XR Grabber Blue
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
guess a good mix on it, but I wouldn't be happy if price protection wasn't honor when they would get a kick back from it. That just means they came up 2k.
My dealer is doing the same thing. He said he will honor x-plan and $750 off but won't honor price protection. He said that there's no guarantee that they will get the $2000 back. That's fine. I will, however, leave them bad feedback when the time comes.

jfwyant1966

First Name
James Wyant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium eAWD XR Grabber Blue
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
I
My dealer is doing the same thing. He said he will honor x-plan and $750 off but won't honor price protection. He said that there's no guarantee that they will get the $2000 back. That's fine. I will, however, leave them bad feedback when the time comes.
take that back. No sooner did I post this that me dealer called me back and said that I get price protection. For those of you not getting it, itā€™s listed in the x-plan that price protection is included.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Finally got it home. 1 year and two days after placing my order.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat 9CB88CFB-D7D2-4E3A-A630-B6B5E3C139A8
Be careful. I have same color and she is FAST. Could be easily spotted in sea of white cars as you pull ahead!

The Quiet Man

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 MINI Cooper S, Grabber Blue Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Having a good time ?
Country flag

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Think I found one thatā€™s close
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat 5862FCEB-A6F8-4C7A-BCD4-355FDDA8D39B
in the rag bin šŸ˜
I think I got my you beat with my Columbia fishing shirt. Now I have to take it with me and find other shirts in same color. Can you even see my shirt!!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat 5E51A5AB-038D-495A-B4EE-06C5A7B85012
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat AF34860A-2CE4-401D-81D9-7E663ED0051F

The Quiet Man

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Having a good time ?
Country flag
I think I got my you beat with my Columbia fishing shirt. Now I have to take it with me and find other shirts in same color. Can you even see my shirt!!!!
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat AF34860A-2CE4-401D-81D9-7E663ED0051F
You WIN!! Nice match.
Iā€™ll through this back in the rag bin.

The Quiet Man

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Having a good time ?
Country flag
Out with the old (Rapid Red First Ediiton) and in with the NEW (Grabber Blue GT PE)
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat AF1772A4-DEBE-4347-8FB7-ADBED85F76ED
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat AF8D12B6-DAEF-47BD-B436-3CECBAC0C662

Ordered 8-6-2021
Delivered to dealer 5-9-2022
Papers signed ALL MINE 5-16-2022

Bill Colwell Ford was great to deal with. Paperwork was made difficult by Ford as they changed the order type when they converted it from a ā€˜21 to a ā€˜22. Sales manager, Jeff, and salesman, Jordan, worked everything out to my satisfaction. Honored X-Plan, price protection, $750 conversion credit, as well as retro finance rate. Couldnā€™t ask for more (suppose I could, butā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.)

Enjoy doing business with pleasant people!