01/03/22 Build Week Chat

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium AWD ER; '21 Mini SE (EV)
Country flag
Thanks all! I got the sense they were trying to pull something or being lazy about it regarding honoring the x plan. They said they will speak to their corporate team so I spent 2 hours on the road for nothing.

Let's see what they come back with...
My dealer honored X-Plan but not price protection.

Original order June 4, changed from Cal Route 1 to Premium July 27. He brought out the paperwork from the original order rather than the modified order, and said he couldn't honor that because it was a different trim line. He also said that was all he had.

On top of that, in February California changed the qualifications for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program so I no longer qualify. That would have been a $2000 rebate that I had expected. Had Ford delivered the car to me after 8 months rather than 11, I would have qualified for that rebate from the state.

Sent a letter to Ford Motor Company customer relations about both. Not expecting much consideration, but at least I'm trying.

OTOH, love the car.

theok029

First Name
Theodore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Escape Titanium
Country flag

Original order June 4, changed from Cal Route 1 to Premium July 27. He brought out the paperwork from the original order rather than the modified order, and said he couldn't honor that because it was a different trim line. He also said that was all he had.

On top of that, in February California changed the qualifications for the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program so I no longer qualify. That would have been a $2000 rebate that I had expected. Had Ford delivered the car to me after 8 months rather than 11, I would have qualified for that rebate from the state.

Sent a letter to Ford Motor Company customer relations about both. Not expecting much consideration, but at least I'm trying.

OTOH, love the car.
What was the change that made you ineligible?

MetrowestZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California AWD
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E 01/03/22 Build Week Chat 2D7870DE-F544-41A0-AE96-594EA104F76B

Ok, it is here. High level details that I'm sure people want to know: CR 1, AWD ER, Black, Ordered October 1, Build sometime around 1/3 but obviously being it is in this group you all knew that already, chip hold, arrived at final train yard about 3 weeks ago and arrived at dealer last week. Did NOT honor Price Protection which was a shock so an extra 2k that I wasn't expecting. Did Ford Options so got the 2k off for that. Basically, my wife said not to screw around with the purchase because she didn't want to lose it. It is fast (like it hurts you fast)! It is awesome! P.S. It is weird having to slam the Frunk down so hard to close it.

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
2D7870DE-F544-41A0-AE96-594EA104F76B.jpeg

Ok, it is here. High level details that I'm sure people want to know: CR 1, AWD ER, Black, Ordered October 1, Build sometime around 1/3 but obviously being it is in this group you all knew that already, chip hold, arrived at final train yard about 3 weeks ago and arrived at dealer last week. Did NOT honor Price Protection which was a shock so an extra 2k that I wasn't expecting. Did Ford Options so got the 2k off for that. Basically, my wife said not to screw around with the purchase because she didn't want to lose it. It is fast (like it hurts you fast)! It is awesome! P.S. It is weird having to slam the Frunk down so hard to close it.
Nice picture and report, but sorry about price protection.
Question: Ours is not yet here, so do you really have to SLAM the frunk?
Everyone in our household has been trained to carefully close to latch and push to close our car trunks and frunks. Does that not work on the MME?

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
Huge Congratz to everyone. Finally getting their MME's from this class. I hope you are having fun with yours. We certainly have for the last 7,800 miles.

@NGE OC You don't need to slam the frunk. I just gently put it down and use my body weight on both of my palms to close it. Hopefully, yours will come soon.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
You can just apply yourself. The Feb change didn't remove the Mach-E, they lowered income limits (so you might not qualify anymore), but the MME still qualifies.

CVRP only cares about the base model (the Select).

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

OTOH, love the car.
curious, who was the shitty dealer?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag

OTOH, love the car.
Your dealer lied to you. Or was unwilling to call Ford and get guidance on how to provide price protection. My dealer was able to figure it out. I was ready to lose X-plan and keep price protection if they couldn’t figure out how to stack them.

You have my sympathies about losing the CVRP rebate. I also missed out on the CVRP for similar reasons. I think I would’ve been excluded no matter what because I wanted carpool stickers and there’s an income threshold that applies to that as well. I don’t know if they are the same.

One thing my dealer initially forgot to do was include the Clean Fuel Vehicle Point of Sale rebate. I noticed it after we got the car home. Once I pointed it out to them, they redid the contract and included the rebate and my financed amount went down.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Nice picture and report, but sorry about price protection.
Question: Ours is not yet here, so do you really have to SLAM the frunk?
Everyone in our household has been trained to carefully close to latch and push to close our car trunks and frunks. Does that not work on the MME?
SLAM

benzapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Your dealer lied to you. Or was unwilling to call Ford and get guidance on how to provide price protection. My dealer was able to figure it out. I was ready to lose X-plan and keep price protection if they couldn’t figure out how to stack them.

You have my sympathies about losing the CVRP rebate. I also missed out on the CVRP for similar reasons. I think I would’ve been excluded no matter what because I wanted carpool stickers and there’s an income threshold that applies to that as well. I don’t know if they are the same.

One thing my dealer initially forgot to do was include the Clean Fuel Vehicle Point of Sale rebate. I noticed it after we got the car home. Once I pointed it out to them, they redid the contract and included the rebate and my financed amount went down.
No doubt that California's Clean Vehicle Rebate Program is confusing. But I do know that for the MME, which is a battery electric vehicle, one can receive both the $2,000 rebate AND the carpool sticker so long as your gross annual income is below a certain threshold ($135k for single, $175k for HoH, $200k joint filers). You can see the details here: https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/en/eligibility-guidelines.

Additionally, for battery electric vehicles (like the MME), there is NOT an income cap for the sticker program. (For Fuel Cell Vehicles, higher income purchasers must choose between the sticker or the rebate.) Lastly, if your income is below 400% of the federal poverty level (currently $51,520 for a single filer), you may qualify for an additional enhanced rebate of $2,500 as well as other incentive programs.

I'm happy to answer specific questions if anyone's got em.

Tulsaboog

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Urologist
Country flag
Can you post a photo showing the proof of lamination? Is it something printed on the driver’s window itself? Or on the window sticker for the car? I have a 2022 Premium ER RWD that was in production on 1/4 and my driver’s side window doesn’t indicate it has the acoustic lamination.
Left shows laminated, right shows Soundscreen

20220518_233358.jpg

20220518_233323.jpg

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What was the change that made you ineligible?
Trim line. The paperwork he brought out was for the June 4 order of Cal Route 1, but July 26 or thereabouts I had the order changed to Premium. I suggested he go back and find the modified July order, but he insisted this was all he had.

Now I believe the dealer erred, but at that point I wasn't going to win the argument. After waiting 11+ months I had no intention of leaving the dealership without the vehicle. The dealer has a publicized no dealer markup policy on customer orders, but had I walked away they would have sold it to someone else for around $10K markup within hours.

Ford.com contact us gives options for chat, phone, or snail mail, but no email. I therefore sent Ford Motor Company a letter (which is apparently still a thing) outlining my concerns. If FMC responds with anything other than "sorry, nothing we can do" then I will be elated.

Humblest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
curious, who was the shitty dealer?
Emphasis: it was more positive than negative. Dealer held to no dealer markup on customer order, they honored X-Plan, they found financing for me that was better than what I found on my own (48 months at 1.99% from San Diego County Credit Union vs. 2.74% at my credit union) AND they keep customer order vehicles unavailable for test driving before the original customer has an opportunity to complete the purchase.. Also, I think that the price difference would have been pushed back to Ford. If true, dealer gets same amount either way. Fullerton Ford of Orange County (formerly McCoy Mills Ford), in Fullerton, CA.
Sponsored