Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
I am so happy that I didn't want this feature and looked for an option that didn't have it. I am so frustrated for the people who want or need this feature.
I honestly planned to add the pool noodles to my garage door for the feature if I had it... it was a cool thing to have don't know if I would have actually used it or not.

I did intend to have the quite cabin experience so I'm interested to see if the acoustic windows delete in the front makes a big difference vs my experience on my test drive eons ago. I distinctly remember being impressed by the quiet in that premium 2021.
IT was a nice to have for, not so much a deal breaker. The way we found out really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Like I examine the sales sheet when we switch to 2022 to see if I was losing anything. If I wasn't on these forums, would the dealer have told me? Would I be there doing the hokey pokey around my car trying to understand why it doesn't work?
I legit had to get up and take a second to breathe. I was sooooo pissed. Like, I totally get the fact that you can't do what you can't do when it comes to sensors and chip shortages. I FULLY respect that.

However,

1. Address it to your actual customers. Be honest. Send an email, say that it's not happening, or give a recall in the future for when it can happen (shortage over).
2. Apologize or at the least state why you are doing it so we know exactly why and can feel comforted in that answer.
3. Don't make us pay for it. Say you are either reducing the price, offering a promo credit, hell even if it's a fifty buck sensor, give us a fifty dollar credit to spend on the Ford Store where we can get merch or an accessory or something.

Like is this necessary for me? No. Is it necessary for some? Absolutely. There are a lot of drivers out there who use this as an accessibility feature.

*end rant*
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
I legit had to get up and take a second to breathe. I was sooooo pissed. Like, I totally get the fact that you can't do what you can't do when it comes to sensors and chip shortages. I FULLY respect that.

However,

1. Address it to your actual customers. Be honest. Send an email, say that it's not happening, or give a recall in the future for when it can happen (shortage over).
2. Apologize or at the least state why you are doing it so we know exactly why and can feel comforted in that answer.
3. Don't make us pay for it. Say you are either reducing the price, offering a promo credit, hell even if it's a fifty buck sensor, give us a fifty dollar credit to send on the store where we can get merch or an accessory or something.

Like is this necessary for me? No. Is it necessary for some? Absolutely. There are a lot of drivers out there who use this as an accessibility feature.

*end rant*
100%

I have been unfazed by almost everything to do with the ordering process, including the delays, etc. But this one is just very poor behavior...

Of course, it's not 100% clear to me that anyone who ordered this has actually received a vehicle without it, yet. I've only seen a supposed screen capture of an email with no provenance and not much to indicate it was a real Ford decision. I hope it turns out to be a hoax by a disgruntled former employee or a T-fanboi. (Note: I very much doubt it is, so this is a vague and unreasonable hope.)

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
100%

I have been unfazed by almost everything to do with the ordering process, including the delays, etc. But this one is just very poor behavior...

Of course, it's not 100% clear to me that anyone who ordered this has actually received a vehicle without it, yet. I've only seen a supposed screen capture of an email with no provenance and not much to indicate it was a real Ford decision. I hope it turns out to be a hoax by a disgruntled former employee or a T-fanboi. (Note: I very much doubt it is, so this is a vague and unreasonable hope.)
I just texted my dealer hoping they give more of an answer.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Still shows pending with origin of new castle. I read somewhere on here that they are shipping some to Delaware via ship, so I wonder if that’s why it hasn’t updated. Trying to see if I am lucky or if it’s lying. I’ll bug my dealer soon.
Nope, no ship to Delaware, your window sticker should sat RU2G, thats the ramp for vehicles heading to Wilmington/New Castle via Norfolk Southern.

Tony

OP
OP
breadtree

breadtree

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT PE
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It is my guess that they knew the schedule for getting chips in last year when our cars got scheduled. I really don' think it was a surprise to Ford that they did not have enough chips to complete all of the vehicles that they had in production. I know they moved my car to a holding facility while it is waiting for the final parts.

My GTPE was (essentially) built by 1/15 and I had received a delivery date of 3/11 on the 16th. To me it looks like they knew my car would not leave the factory for 3-4 weeks after the production after the car was "built" before it would get on a train to Kansas and eventually to the dealership. Based on shipping dates from the lucky people who are getting cars, it does seem like they typically schedule a 3-4 week journey from the factory, not almost 2 months. We will know in a few more weeks if their supply of chips arrives as it is scheduled to. Fingers crossed.
Unfortunately, I don't think this is true. My GTPE is on chip hold according to the dealer update, but I still have a delivery date of Feb 13 on the order tracker. It seems highly unlikely that they'll get the cihp installed and the MME to my dealer in MN in 16 days, and that makes me think that other, later dates are also in jeopardy.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
Nope, no ship to Delaware, your window sticker should sat RU2G, thats the ramp for vehicles heading to Wilmington/New Castle via Norfolk Southern.

Tony
Is that after Kansas City or straight from Mexico, if you know?

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER,MBZ C300,Porsche Cayman
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
Is that after Kansas City or straight from Mexico, if you know?
i think after KC. KC almost acts like a hub. Norfolk Southern doesn’t go from Mexico

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
Accessibility, true: I use a walking stick, sometimes two - looked forward to the hands free lift gate (wave a stick under). After seeing the lift gate open, looked like a law suit waiting to happen - Or was it one of the features cut back in this worldwide chip debacle. It’s not knowing the reason, beyond the initial hit.

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
I got my official shipped email today. No changes to delivery date. 02/22-02/28.
Mine still says chip hold. I ordered the exact same car as you, Ice white mme premium awd ext range. I was also in the same batch as yours, 3587 230/301. The estimated delivery date is still 2/8-2/14. Hopefully it gets shipped soon.

NGE OC

First Name
NGE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired (math)
Country flag
Mine still says chip hold. I ordered the exact same car as you, Ice white mme premium awd ext range. I was also in the same batch as yours, 3587 230/301. The estimated delivery date is still 2/8-2/14. Hopefully it gets shipped soon.
So, it IS a flip of the coin. Sorry, JeanneB.

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
Wow, here’s to it being real. How does it show on palsapp? your being ice white edition may very well set it apart. Hope so.
Mine is an Ice White, same batch and I'm on chip hold. ETA still shows 2/8-2/14. They must be flying mine in.

JeanneB

First Name
Jeanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford MME GT
Occupation
finance manager
Country flag
100%

If it makes anyone feel better, I have a 2021 mme premium awd ext range with the foot activated lifgate and most of the time it doesn't work. I just push the button so I don't get aggrivated waving my foot around and nothing happening.

capnhowdy21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE Premium, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Development Manager
Country flag
When did you order yours? One theory is the batch stuff is nonsense. Other is I got lucky and they ran out a couple cars after mine. However, I think I saw premiums in earlier batches that are also on chip hold. Last theory is that I'm being lied too and my car didn't actually ship.

Last edited:

lilkiddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Ice White
Country flag
and I'm just sitting here waiting ...

Wishing this was like an adoption .. where you're sent pictures of your car along the way ;-) just want to see what it looks like and not pre-production mock ups that don't all have the same accents.

at this rate I may need therapy by the time it's delivered ..
Sponsored