07/18/22 Build Week Gang

Have you received your car as of 9/14/22?

• Total voters

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
I think all in our build week are affected, though only about 500 (supposedly) have the affected part. Repaired looked to be a few hour job, butno idea about part availability.

Im hoping as part of your repairs your gets cleared of this and maybe you get bumped up in line :)
My luck they'll just forget about it at the plant. šŸ˜‚

The estimate for the damage came through on the 18th and it was moved on the 23rd. I don't understand how all this stuff takes so long to do.
Sponsored

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
My luck they'll just forget about it at the plant. šŸ˜‚

The estimate for the damage came through on the 18th and it was moved on the 23rd. I don't understand how all this stuff takes so long to do.
That's the hard part: the seemingly arbitrary delays, extended waits, missed deadlines, lack of transparency is contrary to what we are used to from many other services.

So when a complex system like this fails to deliver, it's breaking expectations. With this Mach E purchase experience, breaking expectations has been the rule, not the exception.

billyba36

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Ext AWD ordered 11-17-21
Country flag
Ford Chat says that my delivery has slipped to October 4, and last they knew it was in Muncie, KS Ramp 6U. Rail car COER900652. Cest la vie.

Dā€™Roc

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR eAWD
Occupation
Program Manager
Country flag
Very interesting. I tried mine and it just showed things local to me. I will try this trick every few days and see if I get different results. I still get the 'activate later' message, which I assume you do too.

I know where mine is at right now, so I'll see if it moves that way soon!
My sales rep told me some of his customers had activated it and it allowed them to track but caused setup issues once the car arrived at the dealer.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's the hard part: the seemingly arbitrary delays, extended waits, missed deadlines, lack of transparency is contrary to what we are used to from many other services.

So when a complex system like this fails to deliver, it's breaking expectations. With this Mach E purchase experience, breaking expectations has been the rule, not the exception.
Agreed. It would just be nice to have something like, youā€™re 10th in the queue for body work and we expect that to be three weeks. Not just their support people saying, I have no idea and then following that up with I donā€™t know when I ask who else I can contact.
Honestly, Iā€™m about to contact the dealer contracted to do the repairs to learn about the process.

Ford Chat says that my delivery has slipped to October 4, and last they knew it was in Muncie, KS Ramp 6U. Rail car COER900652. Cest la vie.
Hey, youā€™re on a rail car. You can track that and thatā€™s usually a good sign that itā€™s moving. The extended delay may factor in recall time at the dealer. Guess weā€™ll see.

My sales rep told me some of his customers had activated it and it allowed them to track but caused setup issues once the car arrived at the dealer.
yeah, figured as much. I was hoping to be able to track that way but itā€™s probably not worth the hassle if you get lucky and it activates.

billyba36

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Ext AWD ordered 11-17-21
Country flag
Agreed. It would just be nice to have something like, youā€™re 10th in the queue for body work and we expect that to be three weeks. Not just their support people saying, I have no idea and then following that up with I donā€™t know when I ask who else I can contact.
Honestly, Iā€™m about to contact the dealer contracted to do the repairs to learn about the process.

Hey, youā€™re on a rail car. You can track that and thatā€™s usually a good sign that itā€™s moving. The extended delay may factor in recall time at the dealer. Guess weā€™ll see.

yeah, figured as much. I was hoping to be able to track that way but itā€™s probably not worth the hassle if you get lucky and it activates.
I know it's neither here nor there, but I got a kid turning 16 in 2 weeks, and we were hoping to be able to not have to juggle 2 vehicles between 3 drivers in a super busy household. First world problem. We will survive.

Tech607

First Name
Where's My Car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium Shadow Black AWD
Occupation
Production date 6/27/2022
Country flag
I know it's neither here nor there, but I got a kid turning 16 in 2 weeks, and we were hoping to be able to not have to juggle 2 vehicles between 3 drivers in a super busy household. First world problem. We will survive.
I am already there. Juggling 2 cars between 3 drivers with a child that just turned 16. I hoped being in Michigan would afford us some expedited shipping because of all the car business here, but Ford has been more than terrible through this process and if this is the future of car buying as farley sees it. Then I am out. He can have it. i will buy another brand of vehicle.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe the pending recall was why all our dates started slipping even as later build weeks had deliveries.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
Maybe the pending recall was why all our dates started slipping even as later build weeks had deliveries.
I've wondered this as well.

I asked a Ford rep today if it was possible my car would be worked on for the recall before arriving at the dealership, but she didn't know.

She did confirm my car has no tracking update since the IL update on 8/25, though.

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also made some calls yesterday to people that I shouldnā€™t have information about to see the status of my car.
Looks like it hasnā€™t even been sent to the body shop yet and is just sitting at the KC plant. Confirmed it will be shipped to the external body shop, but it hasnā€™t yet and nothing is scheduled.
Once we get a week past my delivery date with no update, Iā€™m going to be calling everyone I can find. The lack of transparency in all this is astonishing.
Iā€™ve had more transparency and urgency with damaged goods under $50 and this car is nearly $67,000. Anyway, thatā€™s my rant for the day lol

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've wondered this as well.

I asked a Ford rep today if it was possible my car would be worked on for the recall before arriving at the dealership, but she didn't know.

She did confirm my car has no tracking update since the IL update on 8/25, though.
Seems like all of ours are just frozen until parts arrive or something. I imagine the dealer would be fixing, but who knows. Iā€™m waiting for the car to show up at my dealer a month or two from now and then them having to wait another month to sell it to me because they donā€™t have the part or something dumb at this point. šŸ˜‚

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I feel you. Iā€™m complaining about our car being delayed and itā€™s totally a first world problem. We have two working cars for two drivers. As long as I can register it before 2023, it really wonā€™t matter. After that, there is a multi-hundred dollar difference every year in VLT and the tax credit situation.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
FordPass let me start the Activate Vehicle process. I wonder if a kind person at the railyard will notice and accept the prompt for me? šŸ˜‚

Screenshot_20220903-222546_FordPass.jpg

Screenshot_20220903-222956_FordPass.jpg

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FordPass let me start the Activate Vehicle process. I wonder if a kind person at the railyard will notice and accept the prompt for me? šŸ˜‚
-SNIP-
ooh? Must have turned it back on and been messing with it in transit or maybe recall stuff. Let us know if you get in!