Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
I am expecting delivery of my GT hopefully next 2 weeks. I went to my dealer this past Wednesday to discuss options and price protection. The sales guy said he had to speak to the manager on price protection and I duly gave him the letter from this forum on price protection, so I am hopeful I will get it. I ordered 11/26 and got confirmation from Ford 11/29. I recall back then the rate was I believe 1.4% and $2500. Sales guy says that its $2000 now and best rate is 3.7%. I asked why I cant get the protection rate of 1.4% he did not know.

I plan on going back to the dealer next week. Any advice on how I can push my case here. On the bright side he did not flinch for X-plan. So thats about $1k off.
Sponsored

Dewey

First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We just picked up the car last Friday (GTPE) - April 29 - and did the Ford options with 1.4% - and a $500 'rebate'.
You took the incentives available at time of delivery in April. Had your delivery slipped into the month of May, you would have had 3.9% and $500 rebate.

Similarly, had your delivery been back in March, you would have been eligible for 1.4% and $1000 rebate at that time.

OP
OP

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Feeling pretty good about the 2.7%, $2500 Options incentive, X-plan, $750 MY 2021 Roll-over credit, and CA Clean Fuel Rebate of $750. Might have to ask about the loyalty bonus of $750 for owning a 2010 Ford.

KennyPratt42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Anyone know what the rate and incentive would be for a 11/13/21 order for a ‘22 CARt1?

techwonder21

First Name
KaMar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: BMW 4Series
Country flag
I ordered my non-PE GT on 10/19/21 and took ownership on April 19th. I got 1.4% with a $500 rebate for 36m Options Plan in South Carolina . My dealer refused to give me X plan pricing but I negotiated $500 more towards my trade-in.

Dayvid511

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I placed my order for a GT in Colorado on January 7th. I spoke with my dealer yesterday and it should be ready for me to pick up on Monday or Tuesday (fingers crossed). He said that Ford's Incentive Protection allows them to check the database for the exact incentives that were offered at the time the order was placed and Ford will honor them. Even though rates now are 3.9% with a $500 rebate, he said that the rates on January 7th were 1.4% and there was a $1000 rebate. Thankfully my dealer has some integrity and isn't trying to screw me.

NJ_MachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E Select RWD wComfort/Tech, '16 Honda Fit
Country flag
Both of my late 2021 GT orders were model year 2022 right from the get-go. I still was only able to get 2.7% if I wanted incentives at the time of order.
Ok, the 1.4/2.49 rates were definitely in effect for January 2022, I shouldn't have assumed they went all the way back to October 2021 as well. Thanks.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am expecting delivery of my GT hopefully next 2 weeks. I went to my dealer this past Wednesday to discuss options and price protection. The sales guy said he had to speak to the manager on price protection and I duly gave him the letter from this forum on price protection, so I am hopeful I will get it. I ordered 11/26 and got confirmation from Ford 11/29. I recall back then the rate was I believe 1.4% and $2500. Sales guy says that its $2000 now and best rate is 3.7%. I asked why I cant get the protection rate of 1.4% he did not know.

I plan on going back to the dealer next week. Any advice on how I can push my case here. On the bright side he did not flinch for X-plan. So thats about $1k off.
You may have to kick it up to the sales manager or GM. They have a program that allows to to see what the rates were when you ordered your car and you should ask them to provide that info so you can choose. One additional issue though is dealers can jack up the interest rate so you would then have to make a choice to finance with them or someone else. It appears several people have financed with Ford, received their rebate, and immediately refinanced at a lower rate. I did get 1.4% at 48 months with $500 rebate last month on a GT. Best of luck.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
Yep, and it's only now starting to become relevant as the rates skyrocket.
I think you are only partially correct. When 2021 orders were rolled over (late September), rates were 2.7%. In October- March, rates were 1.4% for GTs and 2.49% for non GTs. People with MY roll overs are the ones being screwed, not those who started with 2022 MY.
I have premium rather than GT, but this is exactly what happened with me...a converted order from August. Picked up car in April and got the 2.7% + $2500 which was incentive at time of conversion. I thought I would get 2.49, but whatever. The April incentives were 2.74% + $2000.

OP
OP

JediGamerCT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Flex
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I have premium rather than GT, but this is exactly what happened with me...a converted order from August. Picked up car in April and got the 2.7% + $2500 which was incentive at time of conversion. I thought I would get 2.49, but whatever. The April incentives were 2.74% + $2000.
I guess those of us with orders from August that got converted to a MY2022 are getting stuck with that 2.7% rate. It stinks but I guess there isn’t anything we can do about it. At least we get the incentives from that date and it’s still better than the current rate of 3.9%

rgonyer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1968 Mustang, Edge ST, F150, Fiesta ST
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My new GT came in Friday that I ordered January 15th, how do I find out what I am entitled to for rates under the options plan? My other GT I believe I got 1.4% and a $500 rebate that I purchased early October. Where can I find the "price protection" letter? Thanks!

Hardy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E (If it ever arrives)
Country flag
You took the incentives available at time of delivery in April. Had your delivery slipped into the month of May, you would have had 3.9% and $500 rebate.

Similarly, had your delivery been back in March, you would have been eligible for 1.4% and $1000 rebate at that time.
Where does all of this information live?

Dewey

First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Where does all of this information live?
You used to be able to configure your build online and it would show the current incentives for that month. It would always have been good to save those for further reference.

Current incentives can also be generally seen here:
https://www.autobytel.com/ford/mustang-mach-e/2022/incentives/

Neither of the above works for being able to see incentives from previous months. Generally, people just remember what they were, can ask on here for help, or just rely on the dealer to be knowledgeable and honest.

lindseybp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White GT
Country flag
Picked up my GT on 4/28. It was a dealer order but they were able to get me the 1.4% options rate and $1k incentive. I think they were able to get me the rate when they placed the order even though it was not a customer order. Overall amazing dealership and really knew their stuff.
Sponsored