1.7.1 Poll

Have you Received 1.7.1? And, is your car enrolled in any Early Access/Beta programs?

• 1.7.1 Received, Car is Enrolled in OTA Beta Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Since this has been coming up a lot, I was curious to collect some data on the OTA rollout.

I would like to see if you have gotten the update or not, and which, if any beta programs your car may be enrolled in.

Early Access is the program that can be found at earlyaccess.ford.com

The OTA Beta program was early in the year, and was only offered to some people to help test the initial OTA releases. This was one that included an NDA on signup and a private message board to complete surveys in.

1.7.1 had no indication that it was part of either of those programs, but curious to see if just being part of them may get your vehicle moved to the front of the line for all releases.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
this is interesting, and thank you for posting it.

maybe folks who say "I have it" can say when they got it as a comment? that feels useful without degrading into "Ford sux0rs".

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
this is interesting, and thank you for posting it.

maybe folks who say "I have it" can say when they got it as a comment? that feels useful without degrading into "Ford sux0rs".
I will check. I don't even know what 1.17.1 is but @macchiaz-o showed me how to check. I have noticed new icons and new features in SiriusXM and Nav so maybe?

I have no idea what OTA Beta or early access is so I suppose that means I am not participating there. :)

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I got OTA 1.7.1 on Sept 30th, 2021. I always seem to get the OTA's on the first day of public release. My vehicle was one of the very first 238 delivered to customers (January 2021).

I'm enrolled in Early Access but that has nothing to do with when you get OTAs. I got the first 5 OTAs on the first day of customer release even before enrolling in Early Access.

(OTAs received: the first two unnamed OTA's then the named ones: 1.4, 1.6 and 1.7.1)

Last edited:
OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I got OTA 1.7.1 on Sept 30th, 2021. I always seem to get the OTA's on the first day of public release. My vehicle was one of the very first 238 delivered to customers in Jan 2021.

I'm enrolled in Early Access but that has nothing to do with when you get OTAs. I was getting the first 4 OTAs on the first day of customer release even before enrolling in Early Access.
I also get them on day 1. But I was enrolled in the OTA beta. I signed up for that beta before any OTA's happened. I then signed up for early access later.

I think your info confirms that being in either of those programs doesn't make a difference.

I took delivery of my car on 2/12/21. SO just a few weeks after yours.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I have a feeling it's not strictly tied to build date either though.. i have a February build date and I haven't gotten a single power up. I have only gotten them though FDRS at this point.

That being said, I am beginning to suspect I have a faulty TCU, but that may or may not be related.. not sure yet

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
Thanks for putting this together! And glad it is separate, at least for now, from all the complaints about OTAs.

I replied to the poll (1.7.1 Not Received, Car is not enrolled in either program [waitlisted for Early Access]), but wanted to also add when I got OTAs 1.4 and 1.6.0 in case there is any correlation as far as rollout/timing of receipt -- OTA Power-Up 1.4.0 on July 8th; 1.6.0 installed on August 10th [unsuccessful July 30th]. And build date in the event that is a determinant: January 2021; took delivery late June 2021.

Last edited:
OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
@mpshizzle and @UnforAll What date did you take delivery? It's possible they are deployed based on when the car was registered and not when it was built.

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
@mpshizzle and @UnforAll What date did you take delivery? It's possible they are deployed based on when the car was registered and not when it was built.
Right, thought of that after I posted. June 25th. I'll also add that as an edit in my original post.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I didn't originally order my car, best I can tell, it came in to the dealer beginning of April. I took it home the 3rd week of April after the original guy decided he couldn't afford it.

ten8bike

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 pickup
Country flag
I haven't received the update, and I'm not enrolled in anything special. My car was built in December, and I took possession on 2/12/21.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I haven't received the update, and I'm not enrolled in anything special. My car was built in December, and I took possession on 2/12/21.
And that throws any build or purchase date out as well.

My car was built in December and I took delivery on 2/12. And I've received every OTA on day 1.

pottslaw

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium RWD ER (Infinite Blue)
Country flag
And that throws any build or purchase date out as well.

My car was built in December and I took delivery on 2/12. And I've received every OTA on day 1.
My build date was 12/23/2020 and I took delivery on 02/13/2021. I got 1.6, but have not seen 1.7.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
My car (1st Edition) was 'scheduled' for build 12/7 but didn't actually finish building until 12/16 (IIRC). In any case, I don't have 1.7.1 yet either. I typically do not get the OTA's on release day ... but usually within a couple of weeks. So hopefully soon. I'm looking forward to having the Apple Maps turn cues showing up on the driver info display.

And ... maybe someday we'll get BlueCruise. Ford said it would come out in 3rd calendar quarter ... maybe they are using the Mayan Calendar.
Sponsored