valeriol

First Name
Valerio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium RW
Country flag
Just celebrated the 1 year anniversary with our new MME. I'm quite happy with it, but do have a few pet peeves (that's all they are, no deal breakers).
  1. The frunk (everybody's favorite complaint). I know that regulators forced them to put dividers, but did they have to divide it so much ? You can't even fit a shopping bag in any of the openings.
  2. The trunk is fine, but I could use some more space. When you knock down the back rest you realize just how much space there is inside (it turns into a truck !). They've set the rear seat quite a bit back to give ample leg room to the passengers, but when we travel it's just the wife, myself and the dog, which is large, but does not require the leg room. Why didn't they make the rear seat adjustable ? In our previous cars we kept it as far forward as possible and those extra few inches really made a difference in the trunk capacity. I wouldn't need a power seat, a manual one would do.
  3. The storage bins in the front doors are so shallow and small to be basically useless. Same goes for the pockets behind the front seats.
  4. The video display is missing a search function to find settings without having to go through a bunch of screens. When using the help in the video displays it gives you all the steps, but does not provide a simple link to jump to the right screen (I've ended up taking a picture of the explanation with my phone so I could follow the instructions). The online manual is simply pathetic, I did find a pdf of a printed manual that is much better, but not great. How about pictures of all the setting pages with links to the relevant info ?
  5. It's nice that they've included a tire pump, but the coupler is in plastic, that makes it difficult to screw it onto the tire valves (especially in a dark parking lot) and you risk ruining the thread on the coupler. How much did they save by using plastic instead of metal, a penny ? Luckily for the pump I had bought for my previous cars I had purchased an attachment with a quick connect coupler and precision gauge and was able to attach that to the pump, but if I didn't I would've been forced to go out and buy something.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
You can remove the dividers in the frunk, fairly easily. I think the trunk is a great size, coupled with the frunk, I don't think the extra few inches make a difference as you'd just collapse the seats for larger items, but adjustable seats would have been really nice!

Agreed on storage, I think the pockets on the back of the seats are just super tight, so it really makes it tough to get items in and out. If they would have just made them a bit looser... but I guess that's the same as "bigger" in this case. For the door storage, its actually worked out better than I thought though, the little cubby storage that goes almost into the door and is a bit hidden, perfectly fits a plastic water bottle and the "normal" door storage compartment fits my lint roller and duster perfectly. The passenger door fits my hand sanitizer perfectly, too!

You can use the voice button on the steering wheel to do some commands. I haven't found there are really any buried settings you constantly need to get to, and once you go through the settings a few times, you usually start to remember where everything is. But a search feature would be convenient.

OP
OP
valeriol

valeriol

First Name
Valerio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For day-to-day the trunk is plenty and collapsing the back rest gives a huge space, but when we travel the dog occupies the back seat and her stuff seem to take up half the trunk :oops: Trust me, those extra couple of inches where the roof is at it's highest helped a lot.

As for using voice commands, I refuse to talk to machines :mad: I had to enable Siri in order to use CarPlay, but that's as far as I'll go.

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
My car didn't come with a frunk divider (the first thing I did when I got home was put my kid in the frunk).

Speaking of kids; I'm happy with the rear seat position. The further back the better!

My major gripe on the video display: let me stream video/gaming content!

OP
OP
valeriol

valeriol

First Name
Valerio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car didn't come with a frunk divider (the first thing I did when I got home was put my kid in the frunk).

Speaking of kids; I'm happy with the rear seat position. The further back the better!

My major gripe on the video display: let me stream video/gaming content!
Or even better, keep the kids in the frunk and you don't have to put up with "are we there yet ?"