First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
So, I just checked my 2018 escape and, just as I remembered, the OBD II port is behind a plastic panel on the driver’s side, below the light switch. There’s a small indentation in the panel so you can pull it to remove it, but the OBD II connector is not otherwise exposed, visible, or accessible. I’m pretty disappointed if Ford couldn’t be bothered to put a small piece of trim across the dash to cover the OBD II connector.
I'm thankful that Ford thoughtfully located the OBD-II port completely out of sight, and that they left off the stupid plastic trim cover that gets in the way of the various things I might want to leave plugged in to that port.
Sponsored

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I'm thankful that Ford thoughtfully located the OBD-II port completely out of sight, and that they left off the stupid plastic trim cover that gets in the way of the various things I might want to leave plugged in to that port.
My Audi A5 didn't have a port cover and, like the MME, was out of sight out of mind. Really not a big deal.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
It boils down to aesthetics. I like things neatly closed and buttoned up. For example, i'm not a huge fan of the exposed bolts that hold down seat rails. On some cars, you'll see trim to cover those bolts. I'll bet 99% of people don't even see those bolts or have any idea what i'm talking about. To me, these little things are important.