Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Mustand notified me that my 12v battery is being drained by a 3rd party source and I should unplug it at 130am. My problem there is nothing plugged into any USB port or 12v receptacle under the arm rest. This is the 3rd time in 5 months this has happened. I am a bit more concerned this time as the car is parked in parking lot at a train station and really hoping 11pm tomorrow I am not calling road side service.

Yes planning on making a dealership visit when I get home HVB 97 percent 12v 39percent per Ford website.

Thoughts or suggestions here..yes it was freezing last night, car just dis Tesla P&C update and one for charging Friday...hoping cold weather related but frustrating on a 9 mos vehicle.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Did you give any 3rd party remote access to your car? Such as a utility.
If so, that’s likely the issue.

OP
OP

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
No...car is on a parking lot only integration is specifying what electric company I use to set charging hours meaning peak vs off peak charging.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
No...car is on a parking lot only integration is specifying what electric company I use to set charging hours meaning peak vs off peak charging.
If you gave the electric company the ability to control charging hours, that’s what’s draining your battery. Several threads on this topic.

OP
OP

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
The car is in a parking lot, I didn't share any creds or access to the charger..
I specified the company and EV rate plan only.

OP
OP

smunro622

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Ok update battery was 39 percent when I got the alert Sunday night got back car starts look again battery is 56 percent..6 mins after remote start, drove 5 miles90 percent .reference 12 v..HVB went from 95 percent to 89 parked outside..
Drive home 20 min drive 85 percent nothing is plugged into USB ports, HB 90 percent 220 mo range 12 miles...issue started after Tesla P&C and latest battery/charging update.

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sure do wish this car was smart enough to come on to maintain its own 12V battery. Sending a message that the owner has to run out and do something about it is a bit ridiculous. Especially base of the size of the HVB compared to the 12V. I guess you do not want to close the contacts in the HVBJB too often so the car wakes up to just send the owner a ridiculous message. Thank you for the message and now what do you want me to do about it? Seems the 12V level now comes and goes from the website and there is no possible way of checking 12V soc in the car or in the app. High tech car with no 12V information at all. Just a bunch of messages that it may be a problem.

tomking29

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Mustand notified me that my 12v battery is being drained by a 3rd party source and I should unplug it at 130am. My problem there is nothing plugged into any USB port or 12v receptacle under the arm rest. This is the 3rd time in 5 months this has happened. I am a bit more concerned this time as the car is parked in parking lot at a train station and really hoping 11pm tomorrow I am not calling road side service.

Yes planning on making a dealership visit when I get home HVB 97 percent 12v 39percent per Ford website.

Thoughts or suggestions here..yes it was freezing last night, car just dis Tesla P&C update and one for charging Friday...hoping cold weather related but frustrating on a 9 mos vehicle.
I just got a similar message. The only thing I did differently yesterday is connect wifi to my house. Probably unrelated. Also, the car was plugged in waiting to charge when I got the alert. When I went to the garage it was humming like it was charging. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_1360.jpeg
Sponsored