jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Thank you for putting this together! I think cargo space needs to be updated for MME. I think Tesla’s number includes the frunk, but your number for the MME does not.
Looks like it does to me. Add cargo behind front + trunk and that equals what is listed. That said, looking at: https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...-2/pdf/seo-pdfs/Mustang-Mach-E-Tech-Specs.pdf
It's the cargo behind front that is wrong (actually all of the are off), making the total wrong.
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Here is a spreadsheet with some comparisons of the Mach-E Premium AWD ER with the Model Y AWD ER. (non-performance). Yellow highlight identifies a "winner" for a category.
Nice but some would disagree on how "wins" were scored in some cases. Higher ride height is good for the SUV side, not as good for the Mustang-inspired sport feel.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
This is something I've been trying to understand. Does anyone need it? Super fast acceleration seems useless when driving around town or on an inner city freeway. Especially if you don't want to be a danger to others. I guess I don't get it. If you were to take it to a track or somewhere completely isolated I could understand, but most won't.

What am I missing here?
Actually it is very useful for a variety of situations. The most useful for me is quickly avoiding road hazards and spit second decisions on the highway and generally qucikly getting a way from an d around trouble spots of all sorts, WITH confidence! The confidence part is really what makes this feature most desirable to me. You know what the car can do and you behave accordingly. It has literally saved my ass sveral times.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Nice but some would disagree on how "wins" were scored in some cases. Higher ride height is good for the SUV side, not as good for the Mustang-inspired sport feel.
Mach-e could do with coming down another inch to make a bit sportier :), the existing ride height on the mach-e should be measured at the lowest point which should be the bottom of the front wheel deflectors.

The on the mach-e they should be similar to other fords so flexible enough that you can get away with another inch of ground clearance if you are near the limits and don't mind scraping them of course would need to actually look under mach-e to confirm but I seriously doubt there is anything sticking down lower.

Also with cargo space I treat all measurements with a giant pinch of salt, as in the back it could be measured to the top of the seat back or to the ceiling and could include or not include underfloor storage, there are standards but most manufactures play fast and loose :( end of day you need to go to a dealer / auto show with a tape measure if you want an accurate account of cargo volume

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Also with cargo space I treat all measurements with a giant pinch of salt, as in the back it could be measured to the top of the seat back or to the ceiling and could include or not include underfloor storage, there are standards but most manufactures play fast and loose :( end of day you need to go to a dealer / auto show with a tape measure if you want an accurate account of cargo volume
If only a dealer in a 200 mile radius had one I would... not to mention all auto shows I know of / was considering have been canceled because of covid...

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
If only a dealer in a 200 mile radius had one I would... not to mention all auto shows I know of / was considering have been canceled because of covid...
At present times it is going to be awkward to get any exact specs until the demonstrators turn up. It all depends on what you expect to haul, but you can always look at a the current escape and use that as a guide as the mach-e won't be that much different.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Good stuff, but check the weight of the MME. I think you're off by 600 lbs or so.
I found three different weights listed at Ford sites and in spec sheets. I was trying to spec the weight of AWD with extended range. Please let me know if you see a source with more accurate information and I will update. Thanks, I love the cooperation at this forum!

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Valid point. I tried to make the data objective but the "scoring" in yellow was subjective (using my subjectivity including ground clearance being a plus in snowy Wisconsin). Some would change a number of the subjective ratings. You identified a good one. Others might prefer less interior space for more of a sport feel, etc. Although it appears that few people feel this way, I consider 0-60 in less than 5 seconds to be overkill--my days at the track are past. By the way, a couple of people have suggested changes to the objective data. I will update anytime somebody identifies one of those differences if I can confirm it. Really helpful to have other people's inputs.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag