pbojanoski

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace
Country flag
The service history is a bit concerning on the first one. Second is a lemon.
Definitely need to watch out for deals that are "too good to be true" and make sure you do your due diligence. Some dealers are also selling "punched" cars that are new, but technically purchased by the dealer and the warranty started when the dealer "bought" it.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
This is great information! Can you tell me how you found it? Is it easily accessible for people to see?
There was a free CarFax link attached to the first car. There you can see the service history.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Improvements for the 2021 I-Pace: 11kW charger opposed to the previous 7Kw, range is now 292 miles for the 90kWh battery pack (how much is "walled off"?), complimentary 4G data plan, Occupant wellbeing enhanced: Cabin air ionisation with PM2.5 filtration captures ultrafine particles and allergens. The I-PACE can filter cabin air while on charge before a journey , see this link: https://insideevs.com/news/430211/2...com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=msn-feed

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Actually the 2021 I-Pace range has remained unchanged. Jaguar released an update months ago that freed up some range at the top & bottom. The 292 mile range is the WLTP spec which is inflated. A range of 245-250 miles is more realistic with conservative driving.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-PACE SE, x-Volvo XC60 T8 PHEV and x-Tesla S owner
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am very glad that I switched to an I-PACE (SE). $60K. With its recently updated software, my 2019 shows a range of 262 miles (with 5% of the battery saved as a buffer).

As I told Ford when I cancelled my MME earlier this month...I am sure the MME will be a great car. I could find no one in Ford to talk with me about the actual price, timing, etc. of the MME. They had my deposit for 6 months with no direct communications. I blame their Marketing Dept. for this. Engineering has done its job. I believe the MME 99 KWA battery will come in around the 260-270 mile number itself.

I love the quality and availability of my new I-Pace.

spicedparrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I’ve negotiated down the price of an 2020 iPace HSE to about 15% off MSRP. I still haven’t decide whether to do this or wait for the Mach E. I like some of the more luxury feel of the iPace, but wonder if the Mach E is going to be overall more reliable and ready to go off the line. Jaguar seems to have got ahead of their skis a bit on the iPace.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’ve negotiated down the price of an 2020 iPace HSE to about 15% off MSRP. I still haven’t decide whether to do this or wait for the Mach E. I like some of the more luxury feel of the iPace, but wonder if the Mach E is going to be overall more reliable and ready to go off the line. Jaguar seems to have got ahead of their skis a bit on the iPace.
The I-PACE is available NOW and with big discounts off MSRP which feels good. The thing is, it's a $60k car masquerading as a $80k car.

My hunch is that the reliability will be very good and the I-PACE will be a showstopper for many years.

The drawbacks are that the tech is a bit behind the curve with slower AC/DC charge times, laggy computers, shorter range, and smaller dealer network.

Mach-E is Ford taking the good things that Tesla does for the ownership experience and improving upon it while also taking care of the things that Tesla gets panned on (panel gaps!).

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The I-PACE is available NOW and with big discounts off MSRP which feels good. The thing is, it's a $60k car masquerading as a $80k car.

My hunch is that the reliability will be very good and the I-PACE will be a showstopper for many years.

The drawbacks are that the tech is a bit behind the curve with slower AC/DC charge times, laggy computers, shorter range, and smaller dealer network.

Mach-E is Ford taking the good things that Tesla does for the ownership experience and improving upon it while also taking care of the things that Tesla gets panned on (panel gaps!).
I agree with what you are saying abou the IPACE. My car (3 weeks old) has yet to have any problems.

One benefit you did not mention is the 5 year warranty period versus 3 years for the MME. This is non-trivial. However, some cars (like mine) may have had their warranty started (punched) in the past by the dealer. This still gives me a 4 1/2 year warranty. The car is also faster than the MME from 0 to 60 (4.5 seconds).

There are still deals available in excess of 15% off. Try Rusnak Jag. (Pasadena, CA). I did my purchase completely remotely ($1K extra charge) (use the internet to put a bid on a 2019 you like).

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I agree with what you are saying abou the IPACE. My car (3 weeks old) has yet to have any problems.

One benefit you did not mention is the 5 year warranty period versus 3 years for the MME. This is non-trivial. However, some cars (like mine) may have had their warranty started (punched) in the past by the dealer. This still gives me a 4 1/2 year warranty. The car is also faster than the MME from 0 to 60 (4.5 seconds).

There are still deals available in excess of 15% off. Try Rusnak Jag. (Pasadena, CA). I did my purchase completely remotely ($1K extra charge) (use the internet to put a bid on a 2019 you like).
The performance specs of the I-PACE, imo, is what the Premium AWD should do at a minimum. Conversely, the I-PACE should do 270mi EPA range like the Premium AWD ER.

If Magna can get JLR to sell an improved I-PACE for $60k-65k with 280+ mile range and 150kW charging (30min to 80%), they'll have a supply problem.

I-PACE owners, how do you like air suspension?

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I don't think the shorter range is a particularly valid point anymore. Since a few updates, the I-Pace range is quite competitive. Like Al, I've gotten close to 260 on a full charge. In the hotter weather, as is true with all BEVs, the range is less as the AC compressor spends more time working.

As for the price, certainly if the ME is a $60,000 car, the I-Pace deserves a $5,000-10,000 premium over that on just the interior materials and aesthetics. The exterior is also more upscale, but I guess that can be somewhat subjective.

I do agree that the actual sticker price of the I-Pace is quite inflated.

HopefulAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The performance specs of the I-PACE, imo, is what the Premium AWD should do at a minimum. Conversely, the I-PACE should do 270mi EPA range like the Premium AWD ER.

If Magna can get JLR to sell an improved I-PACE for $60k-65k with 280+ mile range and 150kW charging (30min to 80%), they'll have a supply problem.

I-PACE owners, how do you like air suspension?
I get your points...but: the 270 mi EPA range has not been certified by the EPA. It a "selling" number. my guess it the AWD ER will come in at around 250 which, for all practical purposes, is what the IPACE is at this point. The charging rate of the IPACE is definitely a weak point. If I were going to be travelling as much as I did when I had my TS, then this would not be the car for me. I did test drive a TY before making the commitment to buy my IPACE. The TY was not the car for me either.

Jaguar will not be able to ever sell the IPACE for $60K and make a profit. Not with the components and finishes that are currently in it. It would also have to have its manufacturing moved to China or somewhere like the new BMW iX3 electric. The IPACE was built to compete with the TX. I don't think it is a direct competitor, but it certainly has the features that I need and want. The TX, in fact no Tesla model, has the 3 features I want/need: Blind spot monitoring in the mirrors, rear intrusion alerting, and handles in the ceiling so that passengers can "hang on". The MME and the IPACE both have them. Nice to have choices.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I don't think the shorter range is a particularly valid point anymore. Since a few updates, the I-Pace range is quite competitive. Like Al, I've gotten close to 260 on a full charge. In the hotter weather, as is true with all BEVs, the range is less as the AC compressor spends more time working.

As for the price, certainly if the ME is a $60,000 car, the I-Pace deserves a $5,000-10,000 premium over that on just the interior materials and aesthetics. The exterior is also more upscale, but I guess that can be somewhat subjective.

I do agree that the actual sticker price of the I-Pace is quite inflated.
I completely agree that we're in nitpicking territory of 255mi actual vs. 270mi EPA target. My hunch is that the Premium AWD ER is going to nail the EPA number. We'll have to see how it works out.

Insofar as the interior, that's somewhat subjective but a couple of notable reviewers back in November compared the MME favorably to the I-PACE. Take that with a grain of salt since those were prototypes but the trendline is good that ford isn't cheaping out on the interior.