Mach-E vs I-Pace (Kitty vs Pony)

zekelion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-max
Country flag
I found a Mach-E on a local dealer lot and took some side-by-side pictures with my I-Pace. Thought you'd enjoy them. The Mach-E is really a beautiful car. It would be interesting to compare the handling of the MME GT with the I-Pace when it becomes available.

20210305_204309.jpg

20210305_204351.jpg

20210305_204544.jpg

20210305_204744.jpg

20210305_204812.jpg

MitchAK

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4X IB , 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Power Production
Country flag
I found a Mach-E on a local dealer lot and took some side-by-side pictures with my I-Pace. Thought you'd enjoy them. The Mach-E is really a beautiful car. It would be interesting to compare the handling of the MME GT with the I-Pace when it becomes available.

20210305_204309.jpg

20210305_204351.jpg

20210305_204544.jpg

20210305_204744.jpg

20210305_204812.jpg
Thanks ? ?
For me personally I feel that the MME and I-pace are the only two EV that flip my flipper.

What’s your opinion on the insurance rates for an I-pace? I see they’re luxury, so I imagine a bit steeper then MME.

Tesla will always have a place in my realm of appreciating cool cars, however, from what I seen even the cleanest record still leaves high premiums.

Luckily the MME only increased me premium $25 coming from a Focus ST

IMO that was legit sleeper and it was named Focus which for insurance purposes I loved.
And the only reason I don’t like that Ford called this a Mustang is, well, every 20 year old who crashed a Mustang I can thank for the slight increase in my premium, ? at least I’m assuming.

If they called it the Ford Aerostar EV it would probably drop my rates $50 ?

Thanks dude nice car.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I had an I-Pace last year. It got lots of attention when we first got it, much like the MME does now when I drove around. It was very fun to drive, but only a few ticks quicker to 60 than the MME Premium so I consider them comparable. When driving the MME I get every same bit of feeling of interior fit and finish as the I-Pace had, and the handling on the MME is almost as good as the I-Pace was. I think an MME GT would be far superior to an I-Pace in terms of overall performance and driving dynamics, but when I drive my FE MME it brings back lots of very similar memories of having a blast on windy back roads. The reason I said I "had" an I-Pace (past tense) is because it was the most defect-riddled vehicle I've ever owned. Software issues, electrical issues, build quality issues. The infotainment was probably the worst. One time both screens went complete black and the heat started blasting on high. There was no way to stop it...not turning off the car or even killing the battery. Every time from that point on the car would blast the heat uncontrollably. It rendered the car undrivable when it rained cuz if you left the windows up you'd die of heat stroke inside haha. It was in the shop 45 days of the first 5 months I owned it. Jaguar eventually had to buy it back from me under Lemon Law. It was beautiful and fun to drive...when it worked, but that's it. The quality just plain sucked, and I was so happy to get rid of it. I paid $24k less for my fully loaded MME than the I-Pace which wasn't even a top of the line model. Mine was a mid-trim and didn't have a bunch of the features the MME has. The MME is a crazy bargain when compared to the Jag. I wouldn't even flinch at chosing the MME if given the chance to buy either, even if they were priced exactly the same. Pics are my old Jag and my new MME. I got a thing for red cars?

IMG_20210215_194109_707.jpg

20190410_165633.jpg

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I like that Jaguar was so bold with their first EV, and that they came to market so early with it, compared to everyone else (including Ford).

I drove one a while back, the ride was amazing, tons of performance. But I couldn't live with the infotainment lag. The one I drove, you could swipe over to the next menu, and then a few seconds later the "slide show" would start as the next menu stepped in at 0.01 FPS :p

I hear they've improved the infotainment since then, but first impressions do last.

OP
OP

zekelion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-max
Country flag
I drove one a while back, the ride was amazing, tons of performance. But I couldn't live with the infotainment lag. The one I drove, you could swipe over to the next menu, and then a few seconds later the "slide show" would start as the next menu stepped in at 0.01 FPS :p
The infotainment lag has definitely improved with updates but is still noticeable.. I spend most of my time in Android Auto so it really doesn't bother me.

From a mechanical/fit-and-finish standpoint, it's been solid. I've had a few software related issues, but those have been addressed with updates.

I got a screaming deal on my HSE I-Pace ($52,000 after federal tax rebate). Definitely don't think the I-Pace is worth a $10-20K MSRP differential over the MME GT, especially when you factor in DCFC speeds and the prospects of hands-free Co-Pilot 360.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Is the I-pace nice? yes, it is. Some of you have owned one.

But really can't compare the two. Your talking 20,000 plus more for the same I-pace compared to the mache.

Put another 20,000 into the mache and then compare them.
Repair, if any also will be triple the cost on the I-pace than the mache.
If you can afford whatever then yeah the I-pace is a great BEV.
But to compare to the mache no, sir you get way more bang for your buck with the mache.

If any of you have never built a Jaguar I-pace. Take the time and go look. The amount of options makes you dizzy and just want to finish lol.
To get as close to what a Prem mache AWD EXT range this is the cost for the I-pace

About 24,000 more.:eek:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs I-Pace (Kitty vs Pony) jaguar

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Is the I-pace nice? yes, it is. Some of you have owned one.

But really can't compare the two. Your talking 20,000 plus more for the same I-pace compared to the mache.

Put another 20,000 into the mache and then compare them.
Repair, if any also will be triple the cost on the I-pace than the mache.
If you can afford whatever then yeah the I-pace is a great BEV.
But to compare to the mache no, sir you get way more bang for your buck with the mache.

If any of you have never built a Jaguar I-pace. Take the time and go look. The amount of options makes you dizzy and just want to finish lol.
To get as close to what a Prem mache AWD EXT range this is the cost for the I-pace

About 24,000 more.:eek:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E vs I-Pace (Kitty vs Pony) jaguar
MSRP to MSRP, sure. I-PACE has been going at tremendous discount to MSRP lately, though. In other markets they're even more comparably priced than the US.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
MSRP to MSRP, sure. I-PACE has been going at tremendous discount to MSRP lately, though. In other markets they're even more comparably priced than the US.
I don't live in those other markets. But I take your point, but also in the other markets, they are still cost more.
I have driven the I-pace also. Right now about 3,800 off MSRP here. Still, to compare as close as you can it's 20,000 more. Major price Difference. It's not even close.
Sponsored