Mach-E GT vs Jaguar F-Pace S

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No i didn't. I saw a 2020 Stelvio on the dealer floor so i got the chance to sit in it and get a feel before test driving it. But the interior was very cramped (especially the rear) and the whole interior just felt cheap - certainly not worthy of a $50k car. The 2021 edition wasn't supposed to improve any of these shortcomings significantly so i didn't even bother with the test drive.
I also felt the interior was not quite up to par, which particularly was exemplified by the screen. Like, in an age where so many cars have large infotainment screens, the Stelvio screen just seems underwhelming. Did you take a look at any of the EV offerings from BMW, and if so, were any of them crossovers?
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Well you have a point there in that the GT is not really an SUV but rather a sports car with room for the groceries...

Proof of that is both the ground clearance and the fact that it can't tow anything, as long as you are using it as a sports car its fine, but people buying it should be aware than its not really an SUV you can tow your boat or go off-road at all

Thats fine with me as I don't have a boat (I get sick in a rocker chair) and Miami is as flat as a pancake
It’s really a station wagon. ;)

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I also felt the interior was not quite up to par, which particularly was exemplified by the screen. Like, in an age where so many cars have large infotainment screens, the Stelvio screen just seems underwhelming. Did you take a look at any of the EV offerings from BMW, and if so, were any of them crossovers?
No I've never been a big fan of BMW so didn't shop them at all. My cousin recently got a 2021 X3 and i got the chance to drive it last week. It's a nice car but i prefer my MME hands down.

I also looked at the Audi Q5 which was one of my favorite cars a few years ago. But while the interior was much nicer than the Stelvio, it still felt noticably cramped throughout.

Finally forgot to mention the car i was originally shopping for and almost bought was the Volvo XC60. Gorgeous interior, roomy, nice tech, and felt responsive for an ICE SUV. It was my first choice throughout the process and i only came to the MME after the dealer sold the car i wanted 5 mins before I arrived for my scheduled test drive. Maybe it was fate all along but I'm glad it happened since it allowed me to discover the MME!

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No I've never been a big fan of BMW so didn't shop them at all. My cousin recently got a 2021 X3 and i got the chance to drive it last week. It's a nice car but i prefer my MME hands down.

I also looked at the Audi Q5 which was one of my favorite cars a few years ago. But while the interior was much nicer than the Stelvio, it still felt noticably cramped throughout.

Finally forgot to mention the car i was originally shopping for and almost bought was the Volvo XC60. Gorgeous interior, roomy, nice tech, and felt responsive for an ICE SUV. It was my first choice throughout the process and i only came to the MME after the dealer sold the car i wanted 5 mins before I arrived for my scheduled test drive. Maybe it was fate all along but I'm glad it happened since it allowed me to discover the MME!
I wonder how the XC40 Recharge would grab you then! That’s the other EV we were definitely considering. The range is kinda mehhhh… but the Volvo quality is definitely there

SeattleMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Over the weekend my MME was mistaken for a Jaguar, I assumed the F-Pace. Guy didn’t seem to believe me at first (like I wouldn’t know my own car?) until I showed him the Mustang logo on the front lol

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I wonder how the XC40 Recharge would grab you then! That’s the other EV we were definitely considering. The range is kinda mehhhh… but the Volvo quality is definitely there
I remember being unimpressed by the xc 40 recharge specs, but if they ever release an XC60 recharge i would definitely consider it

OP
OP
JcMarin

JcMarin

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom