jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
I rode in one at a First Mile Event in Santa Clarita. The way it crawls over rocks is awe inspiring. Tons of fun, very nice finishes. The camp stove that is an extra, but slides out of that gear tunnel, is Ingenious! No CarPlay, though.

I have ordered one. Just not sure if I want to take the Mach-e in the meantime. Guess I'll see what Options or Finance looks like when it finally arrives and hope the shortages mean I can get out of it when the R1T finally arrives
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
These are the first non-professional photos Iā€™ve seen of the R1T. The front and back and rear quarter panel look different and futuristic, but between the wheelbase and the cab itself, all I am seeing is Nissan.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT vs. Rivian 1640317612709

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Only took 835hp too!

It is a feat to make that heavy of a truck that fast.

Honestly, not sure why they made it so fast. Itā€™s like they answered a question no one asked. I also wonder what that kinda power is going to do for the durability of this truck.

Still kinda cool. Just wish it wasnā€™t ugly and wasnā€™t made by an unknown company.
Yep, 4 motors too. But, I think Rivian is going to be the Lucid of trucks, better overall vehicles than Tesla, because they actually care about process vs. just units shipped. Who knows what itā€™ll be in 5 yrs but Iā€™m banking on Rivian and Lucid as well as Ford and GM.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Yep, 4 motors too. But, I think Rivian is going to be the Lucid of trucks, better overall vehicles than Tesla, because they actually care about process vs. just units shipped. Who knows what itā€™ll be in 5 yrs but Iā€™m banking on Rivian and Lucid as well as Ford and GM.
I think so too.

Although not sure about calling it the ā€œLucid of trucksā€ just because Iā€™m still not sure if thatā€™ll be a compliment or not.

Lots of start up car companies have tried to take on the ā€œbig dogsā€ over the years and most failed miserably. Time will tell how they do.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The whole ā€œsport truckā€ category seems like it died years ago. How long has it been since someone made a fast street truck? Ram SRT? Early 2000s Lightning?

They stopped making them likely because there wasnā€™t much profit in that category.
The current Ford Raptor and Ram TRX trucks are pretty fast (with the TRX having the Hellcat motor, its faster than the Raptor) but they are off-road focused.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
I love how everybody says ā€œ$68k for a truck is SOOO expensiveā€ while sharing the roads with hordes of $70k-$100k trucks. ? All indications are a directly comparable Lightning will be very similarly priced, if not even more expensive.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
apples and oranges. even the "S" model is a huge full size SUV compared to the Mach E.

FUNgineer

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2018 F150 Lariat FX4, 2021 X5 45e
Occupation
Nerd, Dungeon Master
Country flag
I rode in one at a First Mile Event in Santa Clarita. The way it crawls over rocks is awe inspiring. Tons of fun, very nice finishes. The camp stove that is an extra, but slides out of that gear tunnel, is Ingenious! No CarPlay, though.

I have ordered one. Just not sure if I want to take the Mach-e in the meantime. Guess I'll see what Options or Finance looks like when it finally arrives and hope the shortages mean I can get out of it when the R1T finally arrives
As they are very different vehicles, I am curious why a Mach-e would be your choice while you wait? I mean, please do buy a Mach-e, the more sold the better ;-)

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The current Ford Raptor and Ram TRX trucks are pretty fast (with the TRX having the Hellcat motor, its faster than the Raptor) but they are off-road focused.
Yup ? I thought of those as well.

Both pretty quick, but definitely an entirely different category of serious off-road trucks.

Seems like the ā€œstreet truckā€ or sport truck scene peaked in the 90s.

Iā€™m thinking of the GMC Cyclone kinda thing.

Also an amazing vehicleā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ that didnā€™t sell well nor last long in the market. We all like to talk about it, but hardly anyone bought one.

The TRX is also probably a great comparison. Itā€™s fun to read about and dream about, but will never be a huge seller. Remember the $10/hp rebates Chrysler did on their SRT vehicles last year? Could get over $8000 off a red eye.

I just never see an 835 hp truck being a ā€œhigh volumeā€ vehicle. And ā€œstreet trucksā€ just in general are pretty rare.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Yup ? I thought of those as well.

Both pretty quick, but definitely an entirely different category of serious off-road trucks.

Seems like the ā€œstreet truckā€ or sport truck scene peaked in the 90s.

Iā€™m thinking of the GMC Cyclone kinda thing.

Also an amazing vehicleā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ that didnā€™t sell well nor last long in the market. We all like to talk about it, but hardly anyone bought one.

The TRX is also probably a great comparison. Itā€™s fun to read about and dream about, but will never be a huge seller. Remember the $10/hp rebates Chrysler did on their SRT vehicles last year? Could get over $8000 off a red eye.

I just never see an 835 hp truck being a ā€œhigh volumeā€ vehicle. And ā€œstreet trucksā€ just in general are pretty rare.
Syclone ?. Sorry, had to. Iā€™m still upset that I passed up the opportunity to buy my buddyā€™s Syclone back in ā€˜96, only wanted $18K for it. If it had been a Typhoon I woulda done it, I just needed more than 2 seats.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
With all Iā€™ve heard about the Rivian, I thought it was a big olā€™ truck. Parked next to each other it appears the same size as the MME but with a little higher ground clearance and an open bed rather than a hatchback.
Amen I was showing my ole man. He always f250 or bigger being he just retired. I was trying to give him a downgrade to a F-150 and even trying to get him to order aravian. Now I see this picture and it makes me laugh how little it is. Fastest pickup ever made to me. Isn't that impressive being how small it is.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
As they are very different vehicles, I am curious why a Mach-e would be your choice while you wait? I mean, please do buy a Mach-e, the more sold the better ;-)
Well, I love my Model S, but am sick of Elon's boorishness. I would like a smaller Performance SUV (cancelled my Roadster resy), and have a resy for Ford Lightning, but I think I prefer the size of the R1T and I am really impressed at what Rivian has done with the truck.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Syclone ?. Sorry, had to. Iā€™m still upset that I passed up the opportunity to buy my buddyā€™s Syclone back in ā€˜96, only wanted $18K for it. If it had been a Typhoon I woulda done it, I just needed more than 2 seats.
Dangit, I knew that it was misspelled too. They even plaster it on the side.

I had a friend in HS who had a Typhoon. That thing was fun!

Whatā€™s interesting is that in my head the Syclone was faster. 0-60 in 4.5 was crazy fast, but the 1/4 mileā€¦ā€¦ 14.1 at 93 mphā€¦.. I wonder if it cut power after 5 seconds. ?

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...ne-vs-ferrari-348ts-archived-comparison-test/

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Dangit, I knew that it was misspelled too. They even plaster it on the side.

I had a friend in HS who had a Typhoon. That thing was fun!

Whatā€™s interesting is that in my head the Syclone was faster. 0-60 in 4.5 was crazy fast, but the 1/4 mileā€¦ā€¦ 14.1 at 93 mphā€¦.. I wonder if it cut power after 5 seconds. ?

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...ne-vs-ferrari-348ts-archived-comparison-test/
Lots of testers got 13.4-13.6s @97-100mph out of the Syclone in good air and I believe CD even got a 4.2 or 4.3 to 60 in a different test in cold wet conditions. But, 12s were literally a couple of cheap mods away. And the contemporary 964 chassis 911 Turbo was only running 12.9s@108mph.
Sponsored