Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Like many other Rivian reservation order holders, I got the email with the first EDD. I consider this car to be vaporware until 2023. My order will be 18+ months old by then.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT vs. Rivian 539D7D12-AA69-47DF-9FA2-2A324B1D7866
Sponsored

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag
Like many other Rivian reservation order holders, I got the email with the first EDD. I consider this car to be vaporware until 2023. My order will be 18+ months old by then.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GT vs. Rivian 539D7D12-AA69-47DF-9FA2-2A324B1D7866
We should have ours second half of 2023. What trim did you end up ordering? We went with El cap/black interior in explore trim.

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
@FUNgineer in reference to why cross shopping a truck with a Mach-E… for me I need a truck way more than I need a crossover or car, but I also commute pretty far so the gas bill I had was enormous with a truck ($500+/mo + $100/oil change/mo) which is why I wanted to get in an EV sooner. Also the uncertainty of tax credit status when these trucks finally become mass available was a factor of buying this year. I’m waiting it out with a Mach-e, I still have a Tundra as the truck when I need it around my farm, but would like to have a EV that does everything I need rather than two vehicles which has been my solution for a while now. I have a Lightning reservation but would rather have a midsize truck for commuting, especially since the tow rating on the Rivian is more than enough to pull the horse trailer, trailering a side by side etc. TBH I would rather have the Toyota EV truck that looks like a Tacoma replacement as that would be exactly what I need in my life.

FUNgineer

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2018 F150 Lariat FX4, 2021 X5 45e
Occupation
Nerd, Dungeon Master
Country flag
@FUNgineer in reference to why cross shopping a truck with a Mach-E… for me I need a truck way more than I need a crossover or car, but I also commute pretty far so the gas bill I had was enormous with a truck ($500+/mo + $100/oil change/mo) which is why I wanted to get in an EV sooner. Also the uncertainty of tax credit status when these trucks finally become mass available was a factor of buying this year. I’m waiting it out with a Mach-e, I still have a Tundra as the truck when I need it around my farm, but would like to have a EV that does everything I need rather than two vehicles which has been my solution for a while now. I have a Lightning reservation but would rather have a midsize truck for commuting, especially since the tow rating on the Rivian is more than enough to pull the horse trailer, trailering a side by side etc. TBH I would rather have the Toyota EV truck that looks like a Tacoma replacement as that would be exactly what I need in my life.
Gotcha. I have an F150 and mache, so i get it. I am not a big fan of Rivian. I was hoping to see the ranger electrified for a midsized replacement to the F150, but looks like the Toyota will beat it to market.
Sponsored