OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Thanks this is super helpful feedback.
I made the same decision and pick up my GTPE tomorrow!
Sponsored

Slam08

First Name
Aslam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
I was debating between a Mach e GT and an I-pace as well. Good to see someone that has had experience with both.

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I have never owned the I-Pace only test drove one. They are very hard to come by, even harder than the Mach-e, as Jaguar has produced very very few.

I-Pace is absolutely a lovely car but to my taste, I preferred the interior of the Mach-e. Yes it is "simpler" and less ornate but I found it to feel airier and roomier on the inside, and while I dont love cars where everything needs to be done on screens, I found the Mach-e's interface to be more intuitive and easier to use. Both cars have a decent combination of buttons and manual controls for key functions (unlike a Tesla).

Doesnt have the same badge appeal as a Jaguar (and while I would love to dismiss that as irrelevant, to me there is still something so cool about that Jaguar brand) but I like the look of the Mach-e better from the outside as well.

Both drive really well, although it definitely depends on which Mach-e you are considering. I like that the I-Pace can be raised higher than the Mach-e which I suspect may come in handy during the winter, but probably not that big a deal.

I also liked that the Mach-e has Bluecruise which I hope will evolve over the next few years.

As others told me, a lot of this is personal preference based on what you prefer when you sit in the car (I-pace has all the trappings of luxury while Mach-e has fewer), the "feeling" that the drive and the brand give you, and your preferences around the entertainment/tech interfaces.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
I currently drive an I-Pace. I have a GT on order. While I have never driven a GT, I can tell you what I’m looking forward to vs. the Jaguar. The GT should have a little more range, faster charging, wireless Apple CarPlay, Blue Cruise, and it will be a faster car as well, at least 0-60. I also think the GT is way better looking. The Jaguar has a nicer and more luxurious interior in my opinion but I’m ok with giving that up. I’m going to miss the cooled seats though. Also the infotainment in the Jag is pretty terrible in my opinion and I think it will be much better in the Mustang.
I thought I'd miss cooled seats but my black seats really weren't a problem last summer in GA

OP
OP

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
Also worth considering: the differences in range and potential build issues.

I dont know how to handicap the build quality but it felt like there were a lot of meaningful issues that put people's IPaces in the shop for extended periods. And while the Jaguar dealer experience is premium, the scale of their presence here in the US makes me wonder how quickly issues can be resolved.

Slam08

First Name
Aslam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo
Country flag
Also worth considering: the differences in range and potential build issues.

I dont know how to handicap the build quality but it felt like there were a lot of meaningful issues that put people's IPaces in the shop for extended periods. And while the Jaguar dealer experience is premium, the scale of their presence here in the US makes me wonder how quickly issues can be resolved.
Yeah a lot of people on the I pace forums post about battery and software issues with the early models. From what I can gather early 12V battery issues and infotainment glitches were fixed with software updates. Seems like some people got great ones and others had bad luck. A lot of lemon complaints early

For 2022 they have the new PIVI Pro infotainment which is supposed to be much faster and easier
Sponsored