First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
Hi
Realised I may have originally posted this in wrong part of forum so will try here

Seriously considering biting the bullet and buying my first electric car and after test driving a Mach e it’s currently sitting top of my list. Unfortunately the dealer was not a lot of help in differentiating between the models. He seemed to be pushing the 2022.25 and said there was no difference between it and the 2023 but now looking online there is also a 2023.75.
Can anyone explain the differences in the 3 model variations if indeed there are any?
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Before anyone should reply, how did you define 2022.25? 2023.75?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Hi
Realised I may have originally posted this in wrong part of forum so will try here

Seriously considering biting the bullet and buying my first electric car and after test driving a Mach e it’s currently sitting top of my list. Unfortunately the dealer was not a lot of help in differentiating between the models. He seemed to be pushing the 2022.25 and said there was no difference between it and the 2023 but now looking online there is also a 2023.75.
Can anyone explain the differences in the 3 model variations if indeed there are any?
And don’t forget you can order a 2024 now (at least in the US, not sure over there).

Bottom line? They’re all basically the same. A couple options and colors changed but nothing substantial. The 2023.5 SR models have a different battery pack (cheaper, but heavier and slower), only matters if you are looking at a standard range.

There are some threads about model year changes each time here. Nothing would make me pick one over the other except price.

OP
OP

Chrisjpark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
Before anyone should reply, how did you define 2022.25? 2023.75?
They are defined on the Ford website when you look at available cars. 2022.25 are generally available inmediately. 2023 appear to be available in 4 weeks and the 2023.75 in about 10 weeks. I found a spec sheet for the 2023.75 but cannot find one for the other 2. The 2023.75 appears to have been available from end of October.

OP
OP

Chrisjpark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
And don’t forget you can order a 2024 now (at least in the US, not sure over there).

Bottom line? They’re all basically the same. A couple options and colors changed but nothing substantial. The 2023.5 SR models have a different battery pack (cheaper, but heavier and slower), only matters if you are looking at a standard range.

There are some threads about model year changes each time here. Nothing would make me pick one over the other except price.
It’s the couple of option changes that I want to try and identify. The Uk appears to have different spec sheets.
the 2023.75 appears to have ambient lighting and parking assist in all models apart from Select and I didn’t think these were included with earlier versions.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s the couple of option changes that I want to try and identify. The Uk appears to have different spec sheets.
the 2023.75 appears to have ambient lighting and parking assist in all models apart from Select and I didn’t think these were included with earlier versions.
But do you care about those things?

The differences are subtle.

Maybe if you tell us what you want, that’ll help. Are you buying the 2022 used? How much cheaper?

There are tons of options and trims to choose from. But bottom line? You can get pretty much everything on each of those years.

Yes, some things came standard that used to be optional, but you could still get them.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
how much of a difference in price between the years? If not much, just get the newest one. Longer warranty and likely has BC 1.3 already installed.

OP
OP

Chrisjpark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
But do you care about those things?

The differences are subtle.

Maybe if you tell us what you want, that’ll help. Are you buying the 2022 used? How much cheaper?

There are tons of options and trims to choose from. But bottom line? You can get pretty much everything on each of those years.

Yes, some things came standard that used to be optional, but you could still get them.
The point is I am about to spend nearly 60k on a car and I’d like to know what this difference is to see if I car about those things or not. It may sway me one way or the other. The 2022 is 3k less than the 2023 model but the 2 2023 models are the same price just a different lead time. Obviously Ford are wanting to get rid of the older cars and so are saying there is no difference. But there has to be. I’d just like to know what they are

OP
OP

Chrisjpark

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A5
Country flag
how much of a difference in price between the years? If not much, just get the newest one. Longer warranty and likely has BC 1.3 already installed.
3k difference between the 2022 model and the 2023 models. Warranty is exactly the same as they are all being sold as new cars. Not sure what BC 1.3 is. I’m fairly new to the Mach E world.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
If it’s a 2022 then make sure it’s manufactured after 5/25.
Blue cruise is their hands free driving aid. 1.3 version allows the car to change lane by itself.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The point is I am about to spend nearly 60k on a car and I’d like to know what this difference is to see if I car about those things or not. It may sway me one way or the other. The 2022 is 3k less than the 2023 model but the 2 2023 models are the same price just a different lead time. Obviously Ford are wanting to get rid of the older cars and so are saying there is no difference. But there has to be. I’d just like to know what they are
I think the reason you aren’t getting much info from us is we don’t have enough info from you.

The differences are more than just which year to buy. Are you looking at a specific trim, battery, and options? Other than just saying “read the 2022, 2023, and 2024 order guide threads,” I don’t know how else to help you.

For example, here are the 2024 changes (it’s a long list, but it’s all not really much)

24MY Mustang Mach-E Key Product Updates
-Extended Range Battery w/ eAWD is now available on Select
-Select now comes standard with 19” Machined-Face Aluminum wheels with High Gloss Black-Painted Pockets, and is available with 19” High Gloss Black-Painted wheels
-Premium now features all new 19” Bright Machined-Face Aluminum wheels, standard with Black Painted Pockets and available with Sinister Bronze Painted Pockets
-Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof is now optional on Premium
-10-Way Power Driver Seat is now standard on Premium
-New LED Projector Headlamps w/ Signature Lighting are now standard on all trims
-Cargo Area Cover has moved from Comfort Package to Interior Protection Package on all trims
-New paint colors:
Eruption Green Metallic
Glacier Gray Metallic Tri-coat
-Deleted content from 23MY:
California Route 1
Mustang Nite Pony Package
Paint colors: Carbonized Gray Metallic & Space White Metallic

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Mustang GT, Mach E AWD premium 23
Country flag
Not wanting to sound like a stuck record BUT over in the UK our spec, equipment levels vary to that of our USA cousins. Therefore if i was the OP I would take anything a US owner posts with a very large pinch of salt. Yes certain things may well be the same but you need to be very very careful as the UK spec is different.

I have had a wuick mark up of the below that was posted by a US owner. I could be wrong but you can see the potentiall differences, justg an example

-Extended Range Battery w/ eAWD is now available on Select / SELECT ONLY RWD STANDARD RANGE IN UK AS I UNDERSTAND
-Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof is now optional on Premium / STANDARD IN THE UK ON 2023 PREMIUM
-10-Way Power Driver Seat is now standard on Premium / STANDARD IN THE UK ON 2023 PREMIUM

My point being US not the same for a UK buyer.

Happy to be corrected

boltonmackem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Select RWD
Country flag
Not wanting to sound like a stuck record BUT over in the UK our spec, equipment levels vary to that of our USA cousins. Therefore if i was the OP I would take anything a US owner posts with a very large pinch of salt. Yes certain things may well be the same but you need to be very very careful as the UK spec is different.

I have had a wuick mark up of the below that was posted by a US owner. I could be wrong but you can see the potentiall differences, justg an example

-Extended Range Battery w/ eAWD is now available on Select / SELECT ONLY RWD STANDARD RANGE IN UK AS I UNDERSTAND
-Panoramic Fixed-Glass Roof is now optional on Premium / STANDARD IN THE UK ON 2023 PREMIUM
-10-Way Power Driver Seat is now standard on Premium / STANDARD IN THE UK ON 2023 PREMIUM

My point being US not the same for a UK buyer.

Happy to be corrected
We also have the Tech+ pack on the Select model that adds the panoramic roof, auto tailgate etc which I understand is spread over two add on packs in the States.

Rory

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
2022 probably has the module for hands free tailgate opening, just needing Forscan to enable it.
Sponsored