jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I spoke with Ford corporate while at the dealer yesterday. Their rep on the marketing team said *NOT* to do anything until I had my email. I ordered a car that cost $51,605 ($51930 - $325 for active park assist 2.0 deletion). The upgrade to a 2023 Premium AWD Short Range is $60,010 and Extended Range is $68,610 (including all fees). If the "private offer" is $1000 then I cannot afford the extended range, but if it is $8000 to $10,000 then I want to get the extended range. Maybe the private offer depends on what I change to in order to adjust for 2022 pricing. I spoke to somebody again this morning and she says the offer has not been generated yet.

The big problem with the other EV's out there (and I did put in an order with nothing down for a Kia EV6 and $500 down for a Nissan Ariya) is that the other EV's no longer get a $7500 tax credit for me. The Mach-E only gets that if it delivers by the end of the year.

If I can get 2022 pricing then I would order the car I originally wanted... the 2022 Premium AWD Extended Range. On March 30, 2022 the ordering for Premium was closed. The next best thing without breaking the bank was the Select AWD with Comfort/Technology package -- in fact it saved quite a bit of money but lost a lot of range. I really want Ford to tell me what is happening so I can make a decision on how to change my order.

I seem to get different information every time I call.

The big problem here is that Ford has a backlog of thousands of cars. Why even announce the 2023 Model Year if you are not done with that and the 2023 is not changing much anyway -- there are no new groundbreaking features in the 2023 -- in fact the new model year is addition by subtraction.
Regarding the $7500 tax credit. Hmm, do you think you can get your car before 2023? They don't even have your car configured. I say the chance is very very slim unless Ford jump you to the front of the line.
Sponsored

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Regarding the $7500 tax credit. Hmm, do you think you can get your car before 2023? They don't even have your car configured. I say the chance is very very slim unless Ford jump you to the front of the line.
I had assumed it would be delivered in 2022 for 2 reasons:

1) I figured they would finish out the 2022 vehicles before the 2023 was underway -- but that reasoning is blown out of the water

2) The dealer originally told me it would take about 6 months -- and I am currently at the 5-month mark. But that might have been underestimated.

From what I heard, they are prioritizing orders for 2022 vehicles that got converted to 2023 vehicles -- but I have no clue how many 2022 vehicles they had when they did that.

Reign of Ravens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
2) The dealer originally told me it would take about 6 months -- and I am currently at the 5-month mark. But that might have been underestimated.
Heh, you too, huh? My dealer told me 4-5 months. I have no idea where they got those numbers from. At the time I hoped that maybe they had some information or more localized data than what I was working with. I figured for us in Hawaii it would be another 1-2 months over the average for everyone else; I pegged it at 9-11 months. Turned out to be 11 months, in part due to the manufacturing plant pausing for three weeks. The best estimate I can give to people these days is that it'll probably be less than a year, but it increasingly gets really close to that.

DadwithaMach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD Ext
Occupation
Help Desk Manager
Country flag
I don't have a 22, I ordered a 23

But I was wondering does Ford have a running tally on how many 22s or even 21s that are being converted to 23s?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I spoke with Ford corporate while at the dealer yesterday. Their rep on the marketing team said *NOT* to do anything until I had my email. I ordered a car that cost $51,605 ($51930 - $325 for active park assist 2.0 deletion). The upgrade to a 2023 Premium AWD Short Range is $60,010 and Extended Range is $68,610 (including all fees). If the "private offer" is $1000 then I cannot afford the extended range, but if it is $8000 to $10,000 then I want to get the extended range. Maybe the private offer depends on what I change to in order to adjust for 2022 pricing. I spoke to somebody again this morning and she says the offer has not been generated yet.

The big problem with the other EV's out there (and I did put in an order with nothing down for a Kia EV6 and $500 down for a Nissan Ariya) is that the other EV's no longer get a $7500 tax credit for me. The Mach-E only gets that if it delivers by the end of the year.

If I can get 2022 pricing then I would order the car I originally wanted... the 2022 Premium AWD Extended Range. On March 30, 2022 the ordering for Premium was closed. The next best thing without breaking the bank was the Select AWD with Comfort/Technology package -- in fact it saved quite a bit of money but lost a lot of range. I really want Ford to tell me what is happening so I can make a decision on how to change my order.

I seem to get different information every time I call.

The big problem here is that Ford has a backlog of thousands of cars. Why even announce the 2023 Model Year if you are not done with that and the 2023 is not changing much anyway -- there are no new groundbreaking features in the 2023 -- in fact the new model year is addition by subtraction.
I spoke at length with a Ford Customer Relations rep and she said the same - no details on private offers and no info on trim change price protection.

I am in a similar situation as the OP - 2022 Select w/ CT option.

Looking at upgrading to a base Premium 2023.

Range is not an issue as we live in a heavy urban area where we don't drive distance.
Much like my F150L which is a SR range battery and only need to charge once a week or less....

Really having a hard time with the color because IBSM was my only choice to match my Lightning's IBSM.

Since there are no demos around, are there other models that have star white and space white to see what they look like ?

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I spoke at length with a Ford Customer Relations rep and she said the same - no details on private offers and no info on trim change price protection.

Range is not an issue as we live in a heavy urban area where we don't drive distance.
Much like my F150L which is a SR range battery and only need to charge once a week or less....

Really having a hard time with the color because IBSM was my only choice to match my Lightning's IBSM.

Since there are no demos around, are there other models that have star white and space white to see what they look like ?
'21 F-150's had space white search your local area.

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

So I decided that while I would normally tell people to get the longest range, that $8600 for an extra 60 miles of range was a bit insane. When it was $6000 it was pricey, at $8600 it is almost absurd. That's like 20kwh of battery difference for that price. If it was giving me another 100 miles of range that would be something else.

Ultimately, I changed to a Premium with Standard Battery and eAWD. The 2023 MSRP on that is $60K with destination fees. Now I just wait and see how much of that Ford is going to make up for me on this "private offer". The Select with C/T package was $51605 with destination charges -- so there is a big gap there. I know I am getting a few more options with premium (glass roof, better sound system, nicer wheels), but those were not high on my list -- but I am willing to pay $55K for this car -- I will be in awe if Ford offers that since it is near 2022 pricing (even though that is what they should offer to anybody with a 2022 order that is being converted).

As far as colors go.... I had the opportunity to purchase a 2022 Space White Premium eAWD with market adjustment about 4 months ago. I passed on it because of the market adjustment (still wondering if that was good idea, but probably was). Anyway, the space white looked a bit dingy to me on a cloudy day. However, I have seen it on the road since on a sunny day and it looks amazing.

It is a shame that IBSM was cut from the color list -- that is a beautiful color. Personally, I ordered the Star White Metallic -- but who knows if I will have this car -- it all depends on what it ends up costing.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
So I decided that while I would normally tell people to get the longest range, that $8600 for an extra 60 miles of range was a bit insane. When it was $6000 it was pricey, at $8600 it is almost absurd. That's like 20kwh of battery difference for that price. If it was giving me another 100 miles of range that would be something else.

Ultimately, I changed to a Premium with Standard Battery and eAWD. The 2023 MSRP on that is $60K with destination fees. Now I just wait and see how much of that Ford is going to make up for me on this "private offer". The Select with C/T package was $51605 with destination charges -- so there is a big gap there. I know I am getting a few more options with premium (glass roof, better sound system, nicer wheels), but those were not high on my list -- but I am willing to pay $55K for this car -- I will be in awe if Ford offers that since it is near 2022 pricing (even though that is what they should offer to anybody with a 2022 order that is being converted).

As far as colors go.... I had the opportunity to purchase a 2022 Space White Premium eAWD with market adjustment about 4 months ago. I passed on it because of the market adjustment (still wondering if that was good idea, but probably was). Anyway, the space white looked a bit dingy to me on a cloudy day. However, I have seen it on the road since on a sunny day and it looks amazing.

It is a shame that IBSM was cut from the color list -- that is a beautiful color. Personally, I ordered the Star White Metallic -- but who knows if I will have this car -- it all depends on what it ends up costing.
I really hope Ford will offer the price differential on the trim we end up ordering instead of the original trim...

$56K for a base SR MME Premium is acceptable since the new tax credit will be usable.

Also agree with you - range is not important to me as I am getting older and need to stop more than ever. Sciatica, bladder, joints, etc....

With my driving style, and conservative regen, I am getting 270 miles per 100% charge which is 15-20% higher than the EPA estimates (230 miles)...

I just charged my first time on an EA DCFC charger for my Lightning and have to say, it was so quick (in my old age), that I didn't finish shopping at the Sprouts market during that stop - I had almost gotten into the idle fees.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2022 Orders Still Without Build Dates? IMG_9446.JPG

OP
OP

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Also agree with you - range is not important to me as I am getting older and need to stop more than ever. Sciatica, bladder, joints, etc....
For me, range is not as important because I have 5 kids. Most road trips are going to be in the Honda Odyssey if we are taking the whole family (7 of us). So the Mach-E is going to be good for my wife and I taking up to 3 passengers on short trips to Utah (like to visit my daughter in college 178 miles away), but it is not going to work for a family trip to Disneyland or So. California beaches with all the kids loaded up.
Sponsored