2023 Select having issues with "Connected Vehicle Features" (not syncing with FordPass "Connected Services")

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I had the same exact issue in the past few days. Entering fault condition is that the connectivity pull down does not show up, and the charging stations do (and charging choice) are greyed out in the Ford navigation application. The modem icon does not appear at the top of the screen. The connected phone icon appears briefly at the top of the screen with a bar graph but the disappears. In spite of this, up-to-date Fordpass application running on current iPhone OS still retains the following functionality: remote start, remote lock and unlock still work, and charge state and charge condition info still show up while charging. I've never set up phone-as-a-key. So there is some connectivity active (which should mean the modem is good to go), but the menu pull-down does not load. Weird.

I tried the following fixes:

1 - Reboot the center panel using the volume up-next button on the steering wheel. No effect. Tried once at home while vehicle was connected to a known good WiFi network. Tried three times at dealership.
2 - Pulled fuse # 11 from the passenger footwell fuse box. No effect.
3 - "Key Cycle" - no effect. Note that I did this while sitting in the car, with the key fob and the blue-tooth connected iPhone. I did not expect this to work, as the same process had been essentially been conducted numerous times over the past few days as I used the car (essentially parked and walked away).

We also cycled WiFi on and off, and connected the the dealership's gets WiFi network. We also cycled the Hotspot on and off. I did not accurately capture where we did these in the sequence.

These were all done within a fifteen minute period sitting in the dealer parking lot with my sales rep. Started the car up after each of these attempts with no change. Then turned the car off and reviewed and discussed what we had done.

We surmised that there were things we did not know:
- how long is the boot cycle for the TCU?
- how long is the boot cycle for the modem?
- when we pulled the fuse, (which should have caused a hard reset), how long was the cold start of the TCU?

As we discussed this it was getting hot, 91 degrees and sunny outside the car, so i turned it back on for some AC. The modem icon appeared, and the and connectivity pull down was back. Problem fixed !

Not so fast.

The problem remained fixed all the way home, with three stops where i parked the car and walked away as i ran errands. The only anomaly I noticed was that the saved radios stations were gone, I think this was a function of pulling the fuse. Note to self - make a hard copy list of the stations and keep it in the car.

This morning I started the car in the garage with the key fob on me, but without the iPhone present. Back to square one, no modem icon, no connectivity pull down menu. Went and got the iPhone (which I know should not matter) and did it again, no change. It connected to the WiFi network, did not display the modem icon, and only briefly showed the phone icon, which I think I think is normal (but dumb, the phone icon/signal strength should be there all the time).

I would note that when I first tried it this morning, I believe the car was completely shut down. I say this because it did not wake up as i approached with the key fob (no parking/puddle lights). All dark until I pressed the button not he door.

I then plugged it in to charge and walked away. As I've been typing (at the other end of the house), I got the pre-conditioning notice that the car is up-to-temperature, and it is charging. So again, there is some connectivity.
There's a known issue with the Connectivity menu, it's server side so there's not much we can do about it on our end. All your connectivity features should still work though even if that menu isn't available. Mine is there sometimes and sometimes not, but everything works fine. There was a month or so I had to reset the TCU by pulling the fuse, but seems that's been fixed in one of the latest updates.

Easiest way to see if your connectivity features/TCU are working is you'll see the Wifi Available symbol, and you can also pull up the weather info on the in-screen nav or see if the Live Traffic data populates. If all that works, then you're fine, it's just the glitch with the connectivity menu that for some reason is server side and they still haven't fixed.
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
....... see if the Live Traffic data populates. If all that works, then you're fine, it's just the glitch with the connectivity menu that for some reason is server side and they still haven't fixed.
My '23 MME has intermittent live traffic issues - after updates, it seems to disappear.

Is this normal ?

My '22 Lightning never ever lost live traffic since day 1 so that's why I am bugged with my MME.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
My '23 MME has intermittent live traffic issues - after updates, it seems to disappear.

Is this normal ?

My '22 Lightning never ever lost live traffic since day 1 so that's why I am bugged with my MME.
That was the easiest way for me to check if I had an issue with the TCU being stuck and I would pull the fuse and let it sit for a couple minutes and put the fuse back in and everything was back. You can also search for chargers in the Nav and if it doesn't say "No connectivity" when you do that, your TCU is working as it should. Other than that, I'm not sure why it would be intermittent.

I believe one of the updates in the past few months including a TCU update that fixed this, since I haven't had the problem since. The connectivity menu is apparently unrelated to that issue, also not sure why it takes so long to fix that one. Pretty disconcerting.

Zekester

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E, 2015 F-150, 2020 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
There's a known issue with the Connectivity menu, it's server side so there's not much we can do about it on our end. All your connectivity features should still work though even if that menu isn't available. Mine is there sometimes and sometimes not, but everything works fine. There was a month or so I had to reset the TCU by pulling the fuse, but seems that's been fixed in one of the latest updates.

Easiest way to see if your connectivity features/TCU are working is you'll see the Wifi Available symbol, and you can also pull up the weather info on the in-screen nav or see if the Live Traffic data populates. If all that works, then you're fine, it's just the glitch with the connectivity menu that for some reason is server side and they still haven't fixed.
My problem has differed slightly from what you indicate here. Sometimes the menu is there, sometimes it is not. But additionally, some of the connectivity features work and some don't, also on what seems to be an intermittent basis.

Started the car in the garage this morning, it was connected to WiFi. The WiFi icon, modem icon, and phone icon were all visible on start up and remained in place. Connectivity menu was available. Radio presets were back. Weather and traffic were available. You will note that this is a different scenario from my last report. No further corrective actions were taken on my part. What changed in-between?

Part of my issue here is that I have only had the car for a month or so, and I am not yet clearly familiar with what the screen icons should look like on start-up or during use. I'm learning a new computer and I am not a digital native; that issue may be conmpounded because I have not seen consistent performance. If the car was operating properly, what icons should one expect to see at the top of the big center screen? Would they always be there, or do some of them appear and then disappear? When I boot up an iPhone or a Mac, I know what the desktop should consistently look like. So far, not so with the MME just yet.

Zekester

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E, 2015 F-150, 2020 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
I was able to get connected services working again in Ford Pass by deleting my car and adding it back in. Unfortunately I no longer can get PAAK working and I'm unable to finish Key Setup. It fails after trying to connect to the car. I've tried turning Bluetooth on and off in both the car and on the iPhone, but I still can't resolve. My car is connected to my home wifi, so I may try this again after moving my car away from my wifi range. I've found the connected services menu in the car is less flaky when I'm off wifi.
I can't think of one good reason to put your car on your home Wi-Fi. That's not how it gets OTAs, and unless you plan on sitting in the car and watching YT videos on the Sync screen, there doesn't seem to be any point in connecting to your home's network.

Creeg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Space White
Country flag
Iā€™ve been having this issue since I got my MME GT over a year ago. The connected service menu worked sporadically and some of the features were locked out. Also, never had access to live traffic or weather. Also no access to Alexa features. Iā€™ve talked to Ford 4-5 times trying to fix the issue with no success.

What finally worked was deleting my car from the ford Pass app and adding it back into the app. Now everything works for me.

I hope this helps someone. It was frustrating to pay for this service for over a year or lose a year of free service. Happy itā€™s working now.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There are a few other threads (more recent) on lost connectivity that will affect certain areas......I just pu a '23 Premium (traded in my '21 Select)......all was activated by my salesman who knows what he is doing, he has dealt w/MME's since the beginning and has had 2 himself.....BUT there were problems with the Nav being activated......I did call Ford's connected services, spent an hour+ one day, they were very helpful, escalated my case and in 3 days instead of 7-10, problem fixed......this latest problem seemed to affect many new cars ( a Lightning my salesman delivered had the same proble as mine).....this was a Ford problem, not car, not phone......I know many will say to pull fuses or disconnect the battery.....to me, easier to make a call and I have always gotten folks at Ford who were VERY helpful and VERY easy to deal with.....

for me much easier to ask for help from someone who deals with these issues on a daily basis, then to go searching here and there for possible solutions......they always walk me through the corrective procedures at my pace......I am way behind most of you in computer type situations, haha....

jj4242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium 2023
Country flag
Chiming in to add my experience.

One day my car just did this. No chargers on map, no bluecruise handsfree, no updates in fordpass and no remote lock/start from fordpass. The Connected Vehicle Features submenu was grayed out, the blue cruise until was blank. The bezel diagnostics showed "waiting for diagnostic data" for TCU and ECG screens for everything. I tried sync reset, key cycles, and pulling fuse 11.

Called Ford, they suggested everything I already did from forum, but did it again. One rep strangely told me to call AT&T about it, before I got forwarded to someone else after stating that I shouldn't possibly be talking to AT&T about Ford's connection. I got escalated and will be contacted about it at some point. In the mean time, since both TCU and 'ECG' (evidently referred to everywhere else as GWM/Gateway Module) seemed logically related to this whole thing, I pulled the 21/22 fuse) For my problem, that did it, pulling/replugging the GWM fuse brought everything back to life.

cyberkiko

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select
Country flag
thanks for the tip jj4242 I did all the mentioned but only fuse 21/22 resolved the issue.

IMG_5961.jpeg

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
I can't think of one good reason to put your car on your home Wi-Fi. That's not how it gets OTAs, and unless you plan on sitting in the car and watching YT videos on the Sync screen, there doesn't seem to be any point in connecting to your home's network.
So if you have no cell service at home, you are out of luck? Fortunately we drive to town daily to work. We have good internet(wifi) at home, but I guess that doesn't help.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
So if you have no cell service at home, you are out of luck? Fortunately we drive to town daily to work. We have good internet(wifi) at home, but I guess that doesn't help.
Your drives to and from work are when your car talks to Ford, sends in the daily 'payload' and downloads OTA updates. So yeah, that's when it's doing it's best work. ;)

I left my 23 at home on the EVSE for two weeks while on vacation and I came back to find no OTAs had downloaded at all. On the first drive into town my car downloaded 23-PU1024-MCP-FX and I told it to update while I stopped in for a cup of coffee in town. So the car didn't download anything primarily because since nobody was driving it....it didn't report in. So there was no checking for updates going on while I was gone.

dkstudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME PE
Country flag
This makes no sense to me. Wifi is recommended
Chiming in to add my experience.

One day my car just did this. No chargers on map, no bluecruise handsfree, no updates in fordpass and no remote lock/start from fordpass. The Connected Vehicle Features submenu was grayed out, the blue cruise until was blank. The bezel diagnostics showed "waiting for diagnostic data" for TCU and ECG screens for everything. I tried sync reset, key cycles, and pulling fuse 11.

Called Ford, they suggested everything I already did from forum, but did it again. One rep strangely told me to call AT&T about it, before I got forwarded to someone else after stating that I shouldn't possibly be talking to AT&T about Ford's connection. I got escalated and will be contacted about it at some point. In the mean time, since both TCU and 'ECG' (evidently referred to everywhere else as GWM/Gateway Module) seemed logically related to this whole thing, I pulled the 21/22 fuse) For my problem, that did it, pulling/replugging the GWM fuse brought everything back to life.
Pulled fuse 21/22 and voila, all is back.
Just need to receive recent software update to 6.13.0. Update Now button is grayed out.

Thank you JJ4242!

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Iā€™ve been working with a few people for the same problem cold fuses, 11 and 19, 21 and 22, disconnected the battery able to get it working one day, gone. The next sometimes automatic updates will unchecked itself. I guess my question is if itā€™s driving, hands-free cruise control works all the windows work automatically, you can restart the car from the phone you can lock it remotely works as itā€™s supposed to worry about an update. Whatā€™s that gonna do? Everything seems to be right now, but Iā€™m getting no updates.
Sponsored