Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think you could be right - late 24 at the earliest and if there's an OTA recall for something (God forbid) it could get shelved even longer. They've been building BC 1.3 cars for months(?) now and nothing has come OTA.
Why is everyone so pessimistic about Ford OTA update rollouts? Most of the time the distance between announcement and updates is measured in weeks and months. Very rare for something to take longer than that.

And while no one has BC 1.3 OTA yet, they have already sent out the first related update. Kinda like when people got BC 1.0, it was a series of updates.

Ciero

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4x Premium Edition, Explorer Sport
Country flag
Most of the time the distance between announcement and updates is measured in weeks and months. Very rare for something to take longer than that.
I think most of us job 1 folks would tend to disagree about that which shall not be named.

thekat03

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E CR-1, 2022 Volvo C40
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
This new computer age of cars is interesting. When I bought my 2010 Prius and my husband's 2015 Highlander, that was it. We didn't expect significant improvements to the car. I am glad we are moving into more regular and expected software updates for car now, but i suspect that there is a degree of how much updating and improving of older model years should be done vs focusing on just making newer model years better. I do hope the older GTs have that 5 second limit fixed if it's possible to fix, but wouldn't bank on it being done.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I think you could be right - late 24 at the earliest and if there's an OTA recall for something (God forbid) it could get shelved even longer. They've been building BC 1.3 cars for months(?) now and nothing has come OTA.
LOL they have been putting electronic frunk releases into cars for years. Stilll no OTA for the GFM, BCM, and center screen button (mush less the FordPass App button). 😱🐩

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
This new computer age of cars is interesting. When I bought my 2010 Prius and my husband's 2015 Highlander, that was it. We didn't expect significant improvements to the car. I am glad we are moving into more regular and expected software updates for car now, but i suspect that there is a degree of how much updating and improving of older model years should be done vs focusing on just making newer model years better. I do hope the older GTs have that 5 second limit fixed if it's possible to fix, but wouldn't bank on it being done.
The big difference between the 2010 & 2015 cars that you purchased vs the mach-e is that the mach-e was built and sold before it was even finished. Ford has used OTA updates over the past few years as a crutch. In 2021, after they stared rolling off of the assembly line, the car was nowhere near ready to be in the hands of the general public.

So many bugs and missing functionality galore!

I strongly believe that the GTs have the 5 second limit because Ford didn't adequately test the car and they rushed the product out of the door. They rely on their simulators too much. The GTs should have been punished by test drivers on and off track before release.

Last edited:

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I think most of us job 1 folks would tend to disagree about that which shall not be named.
This sounds like you agree with what I said. The button that shall not be named was rolled out to almost everyone within a couple months and the job 1 people getting it way later? That’s the “very rare” example i mentioned.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is just silly marketing. I would never take electric car like that off road for a dirt road for that matter there's not enough for cooling cables etc. underneath the car yes there are panels but they don't cover everywhere and I've heard horror stories of things breaking off around the battery etc. etc. plus there's a lot of plumbing in the front of the car where things could get lodged in etc. etc. bad idea Ford

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I like the looks. The wheels look cool to me.

But even bigger, Redline Review stated that the front motor is upgraded to get rid of the "5-second limit." That's a big change.
They said the same software is coming to GT and GTPE owners, It will probably be a 10-second rule but I will take it.

7-minute-abs.jpg

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Raised 20mm higher than the GT. Sooooo... 10mm higher than stock. That's a bit of a let down.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Here's our look at the Mach-E Rally at the Detroit Auto Show: