parasandtobi

First Name
Paras
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
  1. Better suspension. It just doesn't settle over wavy pavement.
  2. Optional sunroof that opens.
  3. A programmable physical button(s) on the dash or steering wheel that you can customize to a whatever you feel you don't want to look at a screen menu to get into.
  4. 6 speed manual transmission. Just kidding.
Sponsored

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
how often do you need to adjust the temp? I'm not sure the last time I had to adjust the temp; it's probably been weeks or longer.
As often as needed. And when I do, the touchscreen/low position makes it impossible to keep my eyes on the road. "Don't use it and it won't be a problem" is not much of a solution...

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
As often as needed. And when I do, the touchscreen/low position makes it impossible to keep my eyes on the road. "Don't use it and it won't be a problem" is not much of a solution...
I didn't say don't use it, I said, "how often do you use it?" Only one thing can be at the top, and that seems like it should be the thing that you look at most frequently. I'd be surprised if that was the HVAC controls for anyone.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't say don't use it, I said, "how often do you use it?" Only one thing can be at the top, and that seems like it should be the thing that you look at most frequently. I'd be surprised if that was the HVAC controls for anyone.
Then I'm not sure I understand why you even asked "How often do you use it?" It's either a safe location on the screen to use or not. "It's only dangerous when you use it" isn't really a great feature on a car. And just to show how dumb the designers at Ford are:

Guess what is at the very top of the screen? The 'settings' & "profiles icons. Guess how often I change settings while driving? Way, way less than I adjust temperature. Guess what else? There are settings/options inaccessible while driving. Why? "For your safety, some features have been disabled" is literally what my car tells me... despite the buttons being higher up the screen.

But then the designers say, "Hey, go ahead and reach to the bottom the screen and take your eyes off the road while trying to find and tap + or - as much as you like! What the hell do we care?"

Profiles? I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I've never switched drivers while in motion. :)

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME eAWD, 21 MME CA Route 1 (sold)
Country flag
For an actual model refresh:

1) Factory roof rack mount points
2) Adjust the trunk dimensions (without sacrificing rear seat room) so that large roller suitcases can fit on their sides length-wise (it's so close right now, just some small changes needed)
3) Three-way rear seat fold down
4) A green color option

+several others on the op's list

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Voice commands FTW

ElectrikPony

First Name
RANDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
How about just fixing the existing features the car comes with so they actually work reliably.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Voice commands FTW
Voice commands take 10x longer to say than pressing a well placed button. They're also at the mercy of proper voice recognition, remembering the proper command, and ambient noise.

The utility of voice commands depends on the complexity of what you're trying to do. Voice commands can be more efficient than entering addresses for navigation, or asking for specific music. However, predictive search can in many cases make the typing (even on poor touch screen keyboards) fairly efficient (just not while driving). For most things someone might want to do while driving such as change the temperature a degree or two, turn on/off the defroster, adjust the volume, skip a song, adjust seat heaters, roll down the window, turn on the wipers, spray the windshield, answer a phone call, adjust cruise speed, etc, are all much, much quicker with simple buttons/knobs.

bp99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How about just fixing the existing features the car comes with so they actually work reliably.
Unlike other such lists like this people have created, this one is looking at significant changes for a future refresh. Fixing broken crap should be done now, not when the car undergoes its first make over.

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
I usually prefer them to NOT hit the curb, but I guess everybody has their own taste in doors :cool:
The door extends the full length of the car past the rocker panel. Streets with tall curbs or sloping pavement are an issue. My Low to the ground sports cars have better door clearance.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Voice commands FTW
So, press and hold a button, wait for the beep indicating you've held the button long enough, then speak what you want... is better than pressing a properly placed button one time?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
The ability to temporarily disable the front motor so we can do some proper burnouts! It is a Mustang after all. Heck, maybe a full up line locker!
Sponsored