Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Someone else had this same issue. His problem was that there was no ground wire run to his receptacle. A search should find the thread (I'm too lazy).
While the MME mobile charger does not require a neutral, it is good practice to have the neutral run to the receptacle.
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Ford is having a bad month.

The 12V, the charger and now a Bronco recall for loose bolts.
Less than 1700 Bronco Sports to check bolts, and some 12v issues are pretty minor expected to some degree on all new Platforms and Architecture launching during a pandemic; not bad I say. I can't tell you how many issues we had with our entirely new Honda Van after they switched from selling rebadged Isuzu's. It's typical first year bugs. I've not picked up our MachE yet, but as soon as the dealer calls to tell me it's arrived, I'm there!

OP
OP
Curt

Curt

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks a ton for this suggestion. I didn't even know I could find 240V outlets to use on the app. I was able to check it out at a Homewood Suites a couple of miles away and it worked fine. Will definitely be able to check the "it's not the charger" box. Not sure I've checked the "it's not the electrician" box yet.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks a ton for this suggestion. I didn't even know I could find 240V outlets to use on the app. I was able to check it out at a Homewood Suites a couple of miles away and it worked fine. Will definitely be able to check the "it's not the charger" box. Not sure I've checked the "it's not the electrician" box yet.
That’s great news. Glad it worked.
Sponsored