360 camera front bumper view off?

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 x3 M40i , 2020 Tundra, 2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Just got my car back for having the big recall fix thing and I don't think the camera looks right but I'm not sure...

Anyone have a pic of their 360 they can post?

IMG20221021125106.jpg
Sponsored

michaelmmegt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I don't have an image ready of mine to post, but that is normal. The camera has such a wide field of view that it captures some of the front grille.

OP
OP

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't have an image ready of mine to post, but that is normal. The camera has such a wide field of view that it captures some of the front grille.
Alright cool, thank you. It's been a bit so I forgot.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
What is this thing called 360 camera? Surely you jest! 🤪🐩

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Are you talking about that hovering black bar? Yes your camera needs recalibration to remove that.

OP
OP

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you talking about that hovering black bar? Yes your camera needs recalibration to remove that.
Yeah the black bar. How does one calibrate the camera without going back to the dealer O_O

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yeah the black bar. How does one calibrate the camera without going back to the dealer O_O
Ah, well you don't unless you have the equipment to do it yourself like some of us. Minimum cost of equipment for just that would be around $150 if you have a laptop already.

OP
OP

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah, well you don't unless you have the equipment to do it yourself like some of us. Minimum cost of equipment for just that would be around $150 if you have a laptop already.
Talk to me. What parts we looking at?

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Is the calibration procedure easy in FDRS? I thought there was no way around the front camera showing your grill, especiall on GTs. Are you saying the calibration WILL remove it?

michaelmmegt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Can you show what you consider a properly calibrated image from a GT front camera? Every GT I have seen posted here has looked exactly the same as mine and ops.

To add, I went and took a picture of mine. Op your car is fine and normal, don't worry about it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera front bumper view off? 20221021_153852 - Copy

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Talk to me. What parts we looking at?
A J2534 adapter such as this: https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Nano-Ford-Mazda-V100/dp/B01EFWPAN0/

That one works but it the software is super sketch. May contain malware.

More info: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ach-e-with-fdrs-alternative-to-forscan.10217/

Is the calibration procedure easy in FDRS? I thought there was no way around the front camera showing your grill, especiall on GTs. Are you saying the calibration WILL remove it?
You have to drive around a large flat empty parking lot with lines at 3-4 MPH until it calibrates. Should take about 15 minutes. You want to drive over the lines so it can use them as stitching targets. Calibration will make it look better.

I would also recommend putting matte tape over your front below the camera during calibration so there aren't reflections off the clear coat. The reflections during calibration cause the weird hovering effect.

Can you show what you consider a properly calibrated image from a GT front camera? Every GT I have seen posted here has looked exactly the same as mine and ops.

To add, I went and took a picture of mine. Op your car is fine and normal, don't worry about it.

20221021_153852 - Copy.jpg
That's pretty much how it should look. You'll see the front bumper and some refections but it's not cropped weird like the OP's. There should be a solid view of your bumper at the bottom. Other examples (not sure if GT or not):

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera front bumper view off? Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-57

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera front bumper view off? newcarz-ford-mustang-mach-e-test-20

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera front bumper view off? ord-Mustang-Mach-E-infotainment-screens-11-640x853

Last edited:
OP
OP

pr3dict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A J2534 adapter such as this: https://www.amazon.com/VXDIAG-Nano-Ford-Mazda-V100/dp/B01EFWPAN0/

That one works but it the software is super sketch. May contain malware.

More info: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ach-e-with-fdrs-alternative-to-forscan.10217/

You have to drive around a large flat empty parking lot with lines at 3-4 MPH until it calibrates. Should take about 15 minutes. You want to drive over the lines so it can use them as stitching targets. Calibration will make it look better.

I would also recommend putting matte tape over your front below the camera during calibration so there aren't reflections off the clear coat. The reflections during calibration cause the weird hovering effect.

That's pretty much how it should look. You'll see the front bumper and some refections but it's not cropped weird like the OP's. There should be a solid view of your bumper at the bottom. Other examples (not sure if GT or not):

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera front bumper view off? ord-Mustang-Mach-E-infotainment-screens-11-640x853

I appreciate the detailed response.

Lookitsdrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E premium
Country flag
Anyone’s front camera too high up where it leaves a gap at the bottom?

0B066785-0E05-42B0-9B0C-EACC45F625A7.jpeg
Sponsored